PDA

View Full Version : 14' Belt Adjustment

Myoutdoors
05-26-2014, 09:57 PM
It looks like the 14' RTS has a different belt tension and alignment spec than previous years? The manual doesn't specify the belt tension but only states that the belt may contact only one pulley flange at a time and that the combined gap from the flanges should be 3.25mm when looking at the front and rear sprocket.

I purchased a krikit but I need to find out the tension in pounds for the 2014. How has everyone been adjusting the belts on the sprockets...mine looks like it's touching the rear sprocket but I haven't had a chance to look at the front at the same time to see if there is a gap.

BLUEKNIGHT911
06-12-2014, 08:43 PM
Transferring to the gates ( Kritkit ) reading it's approx. 215 lbs .....................I know this hard to believe but it's true ............I'm going with 180lbs because of previous problems with Main Shaft bearings ..............so far No Belt slap , or any change in Vibration levels ........Mikeguyver :thumbup:

Myoutdoors
06-12-2014, 08:59 PM
Blueknight911, did you have problems on a 14' or prior model?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gonker
06-18-2014, 09:53 AM
I had problems on my 2010 after a dealer rear tire change. By the time I noticed it I was 600 miles from home, belt squeaking against the rear flange and rubber collecting inside the wheel. The steering was actually off so much I had to push a lttle left to go straight. Even popped a DPS error on a long sweeping curve. Fixed it after I got home, and let the dealer know how fun the ride was. Always glance at it now before a ride to make sure it is 1 to 5 mm away from the flange. My 14 has a different belt on it ... no backside ribs... and it is spot on where it needs to be. Dealer just did my first service on it and adjusted the tension so I will be keeping a close eye on it.

bobbobtar
06-18-2014, 04:54 PM
Went with a friend to have his 2014 belt adjusted and the tech said he set it at the top limit, which was 220 lbs on my Krikit. (1200 miles on Spyder)

Bob Denman
06-18-2014, 05:14 PM
Transferring to the gates ( Kritkit ) reading it's approx. 215 lbs .....................I know this hard to believe but it's true ............I'm going with 180lbs because of previous problems with Main Shaft bearings ..............so far No Belt slap , or any change in Vibration levels ........Mikeguyver :thumbup:
You softened it up by about one-sixth... (83.7% of the original tension)
I wonder if that's anywhere newar the minimum specification for tension on the new bikes? :dontknow:

Myoutdoors
06-18-2014, 07:48 PM
Gonker how far is the belts edge from the rear flange?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk