PDA

View Full Version : evansvillenowmilton

evansvillenowmilton
05-25-2014, 10:33 PM
Hello Spyerlovers.... I want a spyder. Im tired of siting at home in my wheelchair. I have rode all kinds of bikes my whole life. Then due to post polio syndrome.I lost my ability to walk and all my possessions ..That was a while ago... I last my rental home in Ft. Myers 2005 huracane WILMA. I bought a camper and lived in it being a volunteer for free site at Fl.State Parks. I had a interp. program Where I demo'ed cooking on an open fire with cast iron..I baked bread, cobbler or what ever. I turn that into a catering business. Until 2010 Polio hit a little harder. could not do the work part of my program..store,cleaning,prep,hauling and by myself.. So now my truck is paid for and I need a past time that is good for the mind and easy on the body. I would love to ride again.. I may need to find a used spyder. I would like to get in the range of $10,000-$14,000. lower if I could find a dependable one.Any help or info. would be great. I live in the PENSACOLA FL. area I will drive to see it if within a few 100 miles. thanks Billy

SpyderAnn01
05-26-2014, 01:46 AM
Welcome! I think you should have no trouble finding a good, reliable used Spyder for 10,000. You might need to add a handbrake a and that would cost around $1,000. Good luck and I hope you get a Spyder, it will change your life!

PrairieSpyder
05-26-2014, 07:40 AM
:welcome:

Brogers57
05-26-2014, 08:07 AM
Welcome to the forums Billy. Nice phone conversation we had yesterday! Hope we can get you into a Spyder

ARCTIC
05-26-2014, 09:03 AM
Welcome! You have a good solid price range that will land you something. Occasionally there are spyders listed for sale that have the wheelchair rack on them and everything ready to go :2thumbs:

evansvillenowmilton
05-26-2014, 01:29 PM
I dont think I will need any add ons as for ADA. I have good left hand & arm. Good right leg. I need an auto.trans. The seat on my wheelchair will raise me to the same height as the Spyder seat. Then transfer. velcro lap belt just in case. I'm on a mission. It has been years. I want that wind.

ARtraveler
05-26-2014, 01:54 PM
Wishing you the best of luck on your hunt. Check out the for sale by owner section of the site.

ptbperegrine
05-27-2014, 03:13 PM
Hello Spyerlovers.... I want a spyder. Im tired of siting at home in my wheelchair. I have rode all kinds of bikes my whole life. Then due to post polio syndrome.I lost my ability to walk and all my possessions .. thanks Billy

Welcome Billy and Good Luck from another post-polio rider "Down Under" in Australia. ;)

pwpalmbay
05-27-2014, 05:16 PM
Let er roll...good luck

eagleeye299
05-27-2014, 05:23 PM
Sounds like someone is in need of some "Wind Therapy". Good luck with your search. Hope you're riding real soon.

evansvillenowmilton
06-01-2014, 07:26 PM
Welcome Billy and Good Luck from another post-polio rider "Down Under" in Australia. ;)
thats how I plan on doing it.. I will have done just about what I set my mind to..