PDA

View Full Version : YAY!

Guesswho
05-25-2014, 09:40 PM
Just got back home from an awesome weekend, I drove from Great falls, MT, to spokane WA! I was very very very worried about how the bike would do after hearing about other people's problems on theirs...but i had no reason to worry, it preformed flawlessly!! :yes: And being in MT i decided to push the limits and see how fast this sucker could go...so on a flat stretch of highway (lets face it, that's most of MT) I laid on the throttle, balls to the walls...and to my surprise I couldn't get it to go above 106 mph!:banghead: what the heck?!!! what's the point of having the speedo go to 200 if i can only get it to 106??!!!! how fast have you guys gotten yours?? i also was getting about 29-30 mph on the trip too, yay! oh yeah, the brp comfort seat i bought a few weeks ago...well not so comfy! yikes! other than that i love this machine!! now to figure out how to get that map on my signature to show the states i've been in :) Next trip will prob be glacier national park.

cptjam
05-25-2014, 09:47 PM
200K is 126 MPH. You might squeak out 108, windshield down. Empty saddlebags, half a tank of gas. Best I could do. Closed course, controlled conditions, of course........

Blue Star
05-25-2014, 10:48 PM
Just got back home from an awesome weekend, I drove from Great falls, MT, to spokane WA! I was very very very worried about how the bike would do after hearing about other people's problems on theirs...but i had no reason to worry, it preformed flawlessly!! :yes: And being in MT i decided to push the limits and see how fast this sucker could go...so on a flat stretch of highway (lets face it, that's most of MT) I laid on the throttle, balls to the walls...and to my surprise I couldn't get it to go above 106 mph!:banghead: what the heck?!!! what's the point of having the speedo go to 200 if i can only get it to 106??!!!! how fast have you guys gotten yours?? i also was getting about 29-30 mph on the trip too, yay! oh yeah, the brp comfort seat i bought a few weeks ago...well not so comfy! yikes! other than that i love this machine!! now to figure out how to get that map on my signature to show the states i've been in :) Next trip will prob be glacier national park.

You want to get the speedo to 200 all you have o do is switch the cluster over to kilometers. The fastest I ever had my RS to was 102, so 106 is not bad.

ARtraveler
05-25-2014, 10:55 PM
The 200 mph/kph speedo is so you can view either miles per hour or kilometers per hour--depending on which country you are driving in.

I have had mine up to 150 (kph--of course). :thumbup:

Chupaca
05-25-2014, 10:59 PM
the trip sounds wonderful. Glad all worked out well and you have plans already for more. There are limiters on these machines but with changes I've made to our RS 2012 sm5, the best I have gotten is 117 mph but might have tweeked a tad more but ran out of road. Enjoy the season and be safe...:ohyea::ohyea:

garb55
05-25-2014, 11:34 PM
the trip sounds wonderful. Glad all worked out well and you have plans already for more. There are limiters on these machines but with changes I've made to our RS 2012 sm5, the best I have gotten is 117 mph but might have tweeked a tad more but ran out of road. Enjoy the season and be safe...:ohyea::ohyea:

When I had my 2008 GS with aftermarket intake - O2 modifier - and aftermarket exhaust
I had it to 126 MPH once
Don

missouriboy
05-26-2014, 06:38 AM
My big ol' heavy RTL 998 SE5 gave me 104 a couple times, but usually just barely makes it to 3 digits. I've only tried it maybe a half dozen times.

Like Montana, Texas has many roads with miles and miles of nothing but miles and miles! Smooth, straight and level.