PDA

View Full Version : Howdy and Happy Memorial Weekend

delock
05-25-2014, 06:48 PM
Name is Delock and I am a new owner of a 2009 roadster sm5. Brought it for my dad and I have several questions. If this is the wrong forum I apologize in advance.

1. This is a project for my dad and I. We got it for 4500 with 2500 miles. It was naked because the fairings was supposed to get painted but never did. We try to put it together and notice we were missing a ton of screws. Where can we get the screws and pushpins from?

2. Are there riding classes for Can Am Riders? I ride cruisers and motorcycles my dad have not rode in years and I feel more comfortable taking a class somewhere.

3. Where is a good place to buy parts? Notice we are missing the brackets to hold the fenders on the front wheels.

Thanks for any and all input.

Delock

joebryanjr
05-25-2014, 06:58 PM
Try Chaparral Motor Sports or Cheap Cycle Parts. Both sell many Spyder parts for less than list. There are detailed drawings from BRP on their websites.

Deanna777
05-25-2014, 09:23 PM
I don't know much about the 2009 roadster sm5, but :welcome: to this site. I am sure that someone on this site will have info. for you. My first spyder was a 2012RTS-SE5, and i am loving it. Deanna777

Chupaca
05-25-2014, 11:54 PM
Dealers..I find most at cheapcycleparts.com. Autoparts have some screws and push pin holders. Fender supports dealer or cheapcycleparts.com..as for classes I do not your area but you should check with local dealers or google for your area.

Welcome to this site and the roadster world..congrats on the 09 spyder hope your Dad gets out there soon. He's going to love it...:thumbup::ohyea:

GloryRyders
05-26-2014, 04:26 AM
:welcome: and :congrats: on your :spyder:. Our first :spyder2: was a 2009 which we put many wonderful miles on her. :agree: with the suggestion to check with local dealers!:2thumbs:

PrairieSpyder
05-26-2014, 07:43 AM
:welcome: Good luck.

kawakii
05-26-2014, 02:03 PM
Ebay has a lot of used parts for early Spyder for sale, fenders, body panels, etc ... Might try there.

Oldmanzues
05-26-2014, 03:36 PM
Welcome to the group. One idea might be let people know where you are located. Maybe somebody is close and willing to let you see the parts in question that you do not have.
Good Luck
Oldmanzues