05-25-2014, 03:15 PM
http://m.live5news.com/#!/newsDetail/25607028

SPYD3R
05-25-2014, 03:42 PM
http://m.live5news.com/#!/newsDetail/25607028

I DITTO THAT....

ARtraveler
05-25-2014, 03:50 PM
Likewise. You just don't know what you are going to run into these days. :yikes:

SNOOPY
05-25-2014, 04:12 PM
Isn't there a "good" end to stay and a "bad" end to stay?

Not sure where this was located.

When I went to MB a couple years back we stayed mainly in the north end and at the newer shopping/restaurant areas...but did notice some pretty rough areas. :dontknow:

SNOOPY
05-25-2014, 04:14 PM
I don't like organized events anyhow because you never know when someone w an attitude shows up just to cause trouble...talking about other forum members.

Seen it happen too often. :(

BikerDoc
05-25-2014, 04:47 PM
http://m.live5news.com/#!/newsDetail/25607028 I tend to avoid organized general biker events as well but to avoid Myrtle Beach over this is plain silly.. This type of event happens in every major and most minor cities in America almost daily.. It is a sad sign of the times but not a reason to avoid anywhere. I was at the spyderrally in Myrtle Beach early in May and every thing there went wonderfully... Also being before the tourist season, the horrible crowds were not present. You need to pick the areas and crowds you associate with no matter where you go, but if you exercise good judgment you have a good chance of avoiding problems.

Plyrod38
05-25-2014, 05:02 PM
Don't be quick to judge Myrtle Beach by this one unfortunate situation. They have very low homicide rate. I live near Charlotte and it is common to hear about this type of "unfortunate situation" on a much more frequent basis.

nikki.ullis
05-25-2014, 05:26 PM
I'm in Myrtle Beach right now for my first bike rally and longest bike ride I've ever been on (knoxville to myrtle)
I was down there on the strip last night and had no idea anything was going on. So many people here and traffic is nuts all the time.
I will say everyone keeps telling me that people will sit on your bike, scratch it on accident, drop bikes on yours, run you off the road, steal your bike.. Etc etc..
None of that has happened, I've been having a great time and never had to worry about anything.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

SNOOPY
05-25-2014, 06:37 PM
I'm in Myrtle Beach right now for my first bike rally and longest bike ride I've ever been on (knoxville to myrtle)
I was down there on the strip last night and had no idea anything was going on. So many people here and traffic is nuts all the time.
I will say everyone keeps telling me that people will sit on your bike, scratch it on accident, drop bikes on yours, run you off the road, steal your bike.. Etc etc..
None of that has happened, I've been having a great time and never had to worry about anything.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Where are you parked?

:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Chupaca
05-25-2014, 06:53 PM
but agree that this should not be a reason not to go. The fact they mention bikefest does not mean they are connected related or caused by the event. I don't go to these things because I am not fond of crowds..things can go horribly wrong fast with them...if this is the reason not to go most would never leave home...!!

bruiser
05-25-2014, 09:40 PM
I would comment on this, but can't do to restrictions. I will say we will be in Myrtle Beach/Georgetown this weekend. Wife and I have been there several times and never had a problem. My brother and his family vacation there every July. And my wife's uncle lives there. Nope, I'm not going to not go just because some idiots can't control themselves.

StanProff
05-25-2014, 10:00 PM
I would comment on this, but can't do to restrictions. I will say we will be in Myrtle Beach/Georgetown this weekend. Wife and I have been there several times and never had a problem. My brother and his family vacation there every July. And my wife's uncle lives there. Nope, I'm not going to not go just because some idiots can't control themselves.

I will go there and other places but not during a bike rally. I'm not into that kind of gathering nor do I care for the crowds. Many bikers just use a rally like this to party. I care nothing about it.

Yemaya
05-29-2014, 08:57 PM
I was at Myrtle Beach last week, from last Wednesday until last Sunday, and we had a blast. The shootings were in no way connected with bike week, it was knuckleheads making trouble. A horrible incident. We hit the strip a few times, and had a blast showing off our bikes all lit up with Joe Florida lights. I didn't stay where all the young people were congregated. I did the Atlantic Beach Female Takeover for lupus awareness, and had such a blast riding with about 300 other women bikers. I didn't experience any issues with folks sitting on my bike without permission, or messing with it. I saw a ton of sharp bikes down there, and a great deal of Spyders represented. My Spyder was the star of the show everywhere I went and everybody wanted to take pics of it and ask questions about it. Especially at night when I hit the remote and turned my pink LEDs and Gloryders on. It's all what you make of it. It's a HUGE rally with a lot of bikers, scantily clad ladies, and young guys with tricked out cars. But of that's. It your scene, just come for the ride and don't hang out late at night. We enjoyed the vendors at Atlantic Beach and Hooter's and met a lot of cool bikers that live to ride like we do. I would go again in a heartbeat.

dadof4
05-29-2014, 10:24 PM
Yikes! :(

bandwagon
05-30-2014, 12:01 AM
I did not buy my Spyder to be afraid to ride it somewhere just because something bad happened in the area. Myrtle Beach is not a war zone, so do not make it seem like one. I attended the Spyder Rally there and will try to make it my annual event. Be smart and alert to your surroundings regardless of the location. If you think a situation is about to get out of hand. First action; leave the scene and notify law enforcement.