PDA

View Full Version : JUST BOUGHT A 2014 SPYDER AND MAY NEED A RIDE TO THE DEALER

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-24-2014, 01:32 PM
....:2excited:...:agree:.....I'm going to pick it up on June 14,......I expect to arrive at St Louis Airport @ 10:15 am ( this is the scheduled time as of now )......The dealer is approx. 40 miles from the Airport..........I"d be happy to let you ride it for awhile :thumbup: ..........or pay for your time ;) :roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack:........Mike :2excited:...................................PS... IT'S AN RT SE-6 :2excited:

ARtraveler
05-24-2014, 02:03 PM
:congrats: on your new ryde. I am sure someone will make arrangements with you.

SteveMac
05-24-2014, 02:22 PM
Which dealer? Surely they will pick you up?? Ask em. They may just take care of you!!

Unfortunately, I live about 2 hours South of STL. But I am sure there are some members living in STL that can help if the dealer won't pick you up.

BikerDoc
05-24-2014, 02:32 PM
The closest dealer I know to lambert field is 70 miles away

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-24-2014, 02:41 PM

Wrong guess ........but warm :2excited: :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack: Mike :thumbup:

SteveMac
05-24-2014, 02:49 PM

Hmm. I don't know about that. St Louis Powersports is only 23 miles away. Teds MC World in Alton IL, is about 30 miles or so.

Now, both Cowtown in Cuba and Midwest in Farmington are both 70-80 miles away.

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-24-2014, 02:59 PM
Hmm. I don't know about that. St Louis Powersports is only 23 miles away. Teds MC World in Alton IL, is about 30 miles or so.

Now, both Cowtown in Cuba and Midwest in Farmington are both 70-80 miles away.

Maybe I should start a contest............whoever offers me a ride gets to find out who the DEALER is and EXACTLY what I PAID for it :yikes::yikes::yikes:......Then after they WAKE-UP we'll travel on to the Dealership and get it and they can take it for a TEST drive :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:........:bowdown:.Mike

SteveMac
05-24-2014, 03:11 PM
Maybe I should start a contest............whoever offers me a ride gets to find out who the DEALER is and EXACTLY what I PAID for it :yikes::yikes::yikes:......Then after they WAKE-UP we'll travel on to the Dealership and get it and they can take it for a TEST drive :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:........:bowdown:.Mike

Good luck with that!! :thumbup:

spyder3
05-24-2014, 03:23 PM
You mean Len doesn't send out Limos anymore? :roflblack:

Chupaca
05-24-2014, 04:37 PM
is there anyone from "spyders to the rescue " out that way..?? congrats on the new ryde..!! :2thumbs::yes::yes::ohyea:

SteveMac
05-24-2014, 05:15 PM
is there anyone from "spyders to the rescue " out that way..?? congrats on the new ryde..!! :2thumbs::yes::yes::ohyea:

Great idea.

Brogers57
05-24-2014, 05:49 PM
What did you buy!?! :yes:

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-24-2014, 06:13 PM
What did you buy!?! :yes:

2014...RT SE-6....Pearl White :2excited: :yes: :yes::yes::yes:

Brogers57
05-24-2014, 06:32 PM
:ohyea::spyder2::congrats:

spyder3
05-24-2014, 06:45 PM
The best color of course. :thumbup:

bertmc
05-24-2014, 07:57 PM
It would make a pleasant day trip, and I have no plans yet. I have not done a test ride on the 2014s yet. I'll watch this post and see if you get any other offers. Are you planning to head east as soon as you pick it up, or maybe put on some break-in miles in the area?

Rayelljay
05-24-2014, 08:17 PM
The Omens are very good....June 14 is my birthday.

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-24-2014, 08:35 PM
It would make a pleasant day trip, and I have no plans yet. I have not done a test ride on the 2014s yet. I'll watch this post and see if you get any other offers. Are you planning to head east as soon as you pick it up, or maybe put on some break-in miles in the area?

So far things are looking like ..................I better have have a very good pair of walking shoes :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:........My plans are......................To get it ........Everything else is up in the air ...........But if you even remotely considering buying one ........What I know will save you enough to buy that *%&$%^#*&@$#% you've always wanted....................I'm not kidding :yikes::yikes::yikes::thumbup::roflblack::roflblac k::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:.......Mike .................PS thanks for the offer

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-24-2014, 08:38 PM
The Omens are very good....June 14 is my birthday.

Congratulations.......But I'm not sure how this relates to my issue ? ? ?

MikeinGA
05-24-2014, 09:08 PM
Congratulations.......But I'm not sure how this relates to my issue ? ? ?

Is this your 3rd or 4th new Spyder?

Mike

Tango
05-24-2014, 09:38 PM
:congrats: Mike. You are going to love it! :thumbup: Tom :trike:

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-24-2014, 09:44 PM
Is this your 3rd or 4th new Spyder?

Mike

1 st. :2excited:.....Mike:thumbup:

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-24-2014, 09:48 PM
:congrats: Mike. You are going to love it! :thumbup: Tom :trike:

At Spyderfest I did the test drive thing and was totally floored by what BRP has done with the Spyder........Not in my wildest imagination did I imagine they would produce such a change in the Spyder ........The grips have to go tho.....and I'm bringing a pair to St.Lou........Thanks Mike :thumbup:

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-25-2014, 08:29 AM
:agree:.....STILL HOPING ..........Mike :thumbup:

spyder3
05-25-2014, 08:33 AM
Why not just grab a cab? Rent a car? :dontknow:

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-25-2014, 09:33 AM
Why not just grab a cab? Rent a car? :dontknow:

A cab ? ? ? 40 miles ................Why not send me the fare for it :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::roflblack: Mike :thumbup:

napper39
05-25-2014, 11:28 AM
u haul trucks 19.95 a day that should be the best deal.:chat:

oldgoat
05-25-2014, 07:31 PM
Surely a cab fare on top of the purchase price of a new Spyder & the airfare will not break the bank.

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-25-2014, 07:45 PM
Surely a cab fare on top of the purchase price of a new Spyder & the airfare will not break the bank.

Am I to understand correctly .....your philosophy with Money is to waste as much as possible for as little gain as possible ......Just because you have too much., ? ? ? :hun:.......................IMHO that goes against everything I ever learned getting to be 67.:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::ro flblack:.........Mike :thumbup:

Yazz
05-25-2014, 08:20 PM
Not to hi-jack this thread about rides and finances, but there is something much more important going on here.

Mike, is this true???

You've gone to the Dark Side???? :shocked:

NetJunkie
05-25-2014, 09:07 PM
Am I to understand correctly .....your philosophy with Money is to waste as much as possible for as little gain as possible ......Just because you have too much., ? ? ? :hun:.......................IMHO that goes against everything I ever learned getting to be 67.:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::ro flblack:.........Mike :thumbup:

A 40 mile one way cab ride isn't that much. Beats begging people for something for free, right? ;)

flaggerphil
05-25-2014, 10:23 PM
I can think of at least four Spyder dealers within that mileage...at least as of two years ago. Maybe it would be easier for someone to step forward if you let us know which dealer it is.

cyclelover63
05-25-2014, 10:25 PM
I would but am going to be riding to Minnesota on the 13th..Sorry!

garb55
05-25-2014, 11:43 PM
Come on guys
Don't give a new Spyder rider a bad time
He just came to this family of Spyder riders to ask for some help
Is this how we treat our fellow Spyder lovers
If I lived there Or even near there I would give him a ride
I'm ashamed at some of the comments on here
Don

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-26-2014, 07:25 AM
Not to hi-jack this thread about rides and finances, but there is something much more important going on here.

Mike, is this true???

You've gone to the Dark Side???? :shocked:

:gaah:....Absolutely not .........I just needed something for my LEFT FOOT :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:: roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflbl ack: and I can't wait to test the " TREE " with the 1330 Ace engine :2excited: :thumbup: :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:........ mike

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-26-2014, 08:10 AM
A 40 mile one way cab ride isn't that much. Beats begging people for something for free, right? ;)

Dear Sir: You don't know me from a hole in the wall and you have the " GAUL " to say something like this ! ! !......Because this is a " Family Friendly " site and I abide by LaMont's rules I am not going to tell you " here " what I think of you..........However I am planning on visiting a good friend in SC on my way home.

Tango
05-26-2014, 08:14 AM

:hun: Your kidding me right? :popcorn: Tom :trike:

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-26-2014, 08:17 AM
Come on guys
Don't give a new Spyder rider a bad time
He just came to this family of Spyder riders to ask for some help
Is this how we treat our fellow Spyder lovers
If I lived there Or even near there I would give him a ride
I'm ashamed at some of the comments on here
Don

Thankyou for saying this Don , it almost takes away the hurt I felt from what "NET JUNKIE " said in an earlier post...(see above )...,,,Mike :thumbup:

DrewNJ
05-26-2014, 08:27 AM
We use a car pickup service from the Philly airport from time to time when we have relatives flying in. They use one of those luxury oversized towncars. Its $60 an hour plus tip with a minimum of 2 hours. Usually we just figure $150 total for a 45min ride from the airport all said and done.
That's super cheap for door to door service in style.....

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

Bob Denman
05-26-2014, 09:43 AM
Tell you what Mike...
I think that I saw somewhere, that this all takes place out near St Lous...
That's only 1,000 miles; a nice stretch of the legs!
If you can clear a couple of days off for me; I'll save you the airfaire, and take you out there on mine! :D
You don't mind riding bitch; do you? :D
Once the pickup is made; we've got a built-in caravan back to the Northeast! :2thumbs:
But you've got to clear it with my Missus first... :yikes:

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-26-2014, 09:53 AM
Tell you what Mike...
I think that I saw somewhere, that this all takes place out near St Lous...
That's only 1,000 miles; a nice stretch of the legs!
If you can clear a couple of days off for me; I'll save you the airfaire, and take you out there on mine! :D
You don't mind riding bitch; do you? :D
Once the pickup is made; we've got a built-in caravan back to the Northeast! :2thumbs:
But you've got to clear it with my Missus first... :yikes:

:b2b:OMG, without a doubt this is the most generous offer ever given on Spyderlovers to anyone ever, and I'll even wear a......wait for it ........................................." DRESS " :yikes: :roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack:..Mike :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thum bup::2excited:...Bob, this would be a Road trip of EPIC proportions ...it would be " LEGEND ", songs would be created and sung throughout the land , I'll bet SPYDER TV would be lusting to film it .....maybe we could get " FARAN " to do a cameo appearance to add some BEAUTY to this thing........????.......I'm ALL in for this ......and to show that I'm not a cheapskate I'll even pay for the gas ....even PREMIUM :clap: :roflblack::roflblack:

cyclelover63
05-26-2014, 01:10 PM
Wild Hogs all over again!!

Bob Denman
05-26-2014, 06:31 PM
:shocked: YOu can leave the dress-wearin' for Dee to handle... :shocked:
Give me some details, and I'll start mentioning the subject to the Missus...
I DO have a selfish motive... :opps: The trip would get my bike up to the 3,000 mile break-in service threshold... :D

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-26-2014, 07:21 PM
:shocked: YOu can leave the dress-wearin' for Dee to handle... :shocked:
Give me some details, and I'll start mentioning the subject to the Missus...
I DO have a selfish motive... :opps: The trip would get my bike up to the 3,000 mile break-in service threshold... :D

Bob if I didn't already have a NON-REFUNDABLE ticket I'd be all over this , believe me , even if Faran & Spyder TV took a pass on it.:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:.....Oh well I may stop in when I swing north from SC ......Mike :thumbup:..........and Thanks very,very,very much for the offer :clap::firstplace:

Bob Denman
05-26-2014, 08:31 PM
I'll be aggravated if you don't... :D
:2thumbs:

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-27-2014, 10:57 AM
...:banghead:...Well to say I'm surprised is an understatement ......I posted this " need a ride request " about 86 hours ago.......and except for Bob Denman and a few vague maybe's the common feeling seems to be " take a cab " it's only 40 miles , you should be able to afford it .....& " hire a limo " for the same reason,.....and it was also suggested I rent a U-Haul ? ? ? ....I haven't figuered that one out yet............Actually surprised isn't the right word .......... " DISAPPOINTED " is more like it ....I really thought Spyderlovers were a like a Family.....people that you could count on to step up and assist if possible........I guess this request was asking to much.........S0 as of this moment I'm canceling my plans :opps:......Mike :thumbup:

SpyderDuck
05-27-2014, 01:00 PM
...:banghead:...Well to say I'm surprised is an understatement ......I posted this " need a ride request " about 86 hours ago.......and except for Bob Denman and a few vague maybe's the common feeling seems to be " take a cab " it's only 40 miles , you should be able to afford it .....& " hire a limo " for the same reason,.....and it was also suggested I rent a U-Haul ? ? ? ....I haven't figuered that one out yet............Actually surprised isn't the right word .......... " DISAPPOINTED " is more like it ....I really thought Spyderlovers were a like a Family.....people that you could count on to step up and assist if possible........I guess this request was asking to much.........S0 as of this moment I'm canceling my plans :opps:......Mike :thumbup:

But, Sir Knight, I am confused... didn't Bertmc make you a tentative offer in post #16?

joebryanjr
05-27-2014, 02:27 PM
Which dealer? Within 40 mi are Ted's in Alton, IL and St. Louis Power Sports in Fenton. Holzhauer in Nashville, IL is a little further.

The Spyderlovers family is a friendly group, but that does not make them obligated to provide your transportation.

i agree, if you ask the dealer they will likely pick you up. Mine delivered the Spyder 90 miles for me. You could tip the driver and still be ahead.

NetJunkie
05-27-2014, 04:28 PM
:hun: Your kidding me right? :popcorn: Tom :trike:

Why would I be kidding? I've taken plenty of 40 mile cab rides. My two Uber rides last week were 30 to 35 miles each.

If he is "canceling his plans" due to this he was never a real buyer to begin with.

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-27-2014, 06:53 PM
Oye vey:shocked:

Do you remember it, along with his antagonist Oscar Madison :roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack: ........................Too bad they don't make like that anymore ..........and I think they are both deceased.....Mike

SteveMac
05-27-2014, 06:55 PM

Hey Mike
I think you have to keep a couple of points in mind:

While you did post this 86 hours ago, you need to remember that there are some of us,,, myself included,,, that are on Spyderlovers daily. But there are many many others for whom 86 hours of not logging into Spyderlovers is not uncommon. Some people may not login for a week at a time, and even if they do, many only look at the posts on the home page. So it is highly likely that the narrow segment of St Louis area Ryder's that you want to communicate with haven't even seen your post. Not everyone is like Bob, with a Spyderlovers IV connected to his veins! :shocked:
I would have been more than happy to contact some members I personally know in St Louis,,, but, when I asked what dealer you were going to, you didn't want to give out the info.:dontknow: Knowing which dealer would likely be the first question they would ask. St Louis Powersports is somewhat southeast of Lambert. While Teds MC World is very much northeast. So while I know you wanted to make some sort of contest out of it,,, not sharing that info limits what those of us who wanted to help could do. So don't be making us feel like it's our fault. :lecturef_smilie:

I'm shocked that a lack of response really made you cancel your plans for the trip and purchase. Seriously dude, you must not have been very serious about the trip!!

Netminder
05-27-2014, 07:41 PM
Wow this thread has gone weird, which I am sure was not the intention! Last post I will make on it! Once again good luck Mike!

spydaman60
05-27-2014, 07:54 PM
my buddy mike on an rt!! :yikes: never thought i'd see the day!!! nojoke congrats bro!!! :2thumbs: looking forward to seeing it at spyderquest!!!:yes::yes::yes: