PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to know what the general concensus would be...

joet82
05-24-2014, 07:01 AM
Wanting to know how the Ryders in western WA feel about maybe getting an official club/chapter together. I know people have varying opinions on this subject, and I'd like to hear them all. I am apart of the SRA-Columbia River Chapter, as well as helped start up the SRA-San Diego Chapter. I'm interested in also maybe starting up a possible SRA-Puget Sound Chapter (name pending, just geographical location) or something of the like for western WA. I completely understand that we have our little riding groups and I would never shun them, just wanting to see about maybe starting the Chapter up and making something official.

lwrydr
05-24-2014, 07:52 AM
I think I would be interested in joining. I have a few folks that I ride with sometimes but nothing "official". Would like to know some more about the group expectations.

Chupaca
05-24-2014, 09:48 AM
I am a member of the SRA national chapter #34 the San Diego chapter and the LA chapter. If I were in your area I would join for sure...good luck with this..:thumbup:

joet82
05-24-2014, 09:10 PM
I think I would be interested in joining. I have a few folks that I ride with sometimes but nothing "official". Would like to know some more about the group expectations.

The great thing about SRA is that the National Director lets the chapters choose how to run themselves, so it will be up to us once we get going, if we do. We'd just need to abide by the Charter, which is a really short list of rules. As a chapter of SRA, it's essentially like HOG, in that it's an owners group. but we aren't stuck to ONE dealer. we are able to choose who we go to individually, essentially no change to how it is now with who you go to. Will be able to find out more once things get going.

I may set up an event this summer to see how many people would be wanting to go. It'd be easiest at Heart of Washington, but as of right now, I'm not going.

spyderman051
05-27-2014, 01:49 PM
Count me in as long as others will help. It can be a fun thing to do and spread our sport around the area.More is fun. Steve:yes::clap::ohyea::spyder:

PatGund
05-27-2014, 09:26 PM
Would be interested

joet82
06-05-2014, 09:12 AM
seems like there's enough interest for me to kickstart the next chapter. :) after I get most of the info I think I would need and the future membership would like to know, I will see what time and say this summer would be the best to meet up and hash things out and make this thing real. :)

SPYDERKIDZ
06-10-2014, 05:59 PM
HI,
Yes, count us in. We would be very interested!
SPYDERKIDZ

spyderman051
06-13-2014, 08:52 AM
I mentioned I would help you out with this event so just give me a shout and we can help get it done.360-481-0446 Steve
seems like there's enough interest for me to kickstart the next chapter. :) after I get most of the info I think I would need and the future membership would like to know, I will see what time and say this summer would be the best to meet up and hash things out and make this thing real. :)

joet82
06-17-2014, 02:45 AM
sent an email to all who posted a reply. have only heard back from one. would like to get this ball rolling.

bluestratos
06-17-2014, 09:24 AM
Washington is a big state so it would depend how far the meetings would be away. I would like to see a club start up if for no other reason than to meet more of our fellow Spyder Riders. I will not wear patches and try to distance myself from the typical "Outlaw look", I am bit more mature than that. Given the chapter(s) location(s) are within reasonable travel distance and it is kept simple and fun count me in :-)