PDA

View Full Version : Hooking up Sena SM10 to a 2013 Can Am RTS

Questions
05-22-2014, 03:03 PM
Hello All, I have a Sena SMH10 and just recently purchased the SM10. I got the 7 pin cable from Revzilla to connect and make the on board radio of the Can Am blue tooth ready. I cannot get the SM10 to pick up the on Board radio from the Can Am. Can any one help?

AbNormy
05-22-2014, 03:12 PM
Run the harness to the dongle? After that just a matter of pairing it...

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

sddinnh
05-22-2014, 03:13 PM
It was my understanding that you need either the cable from CanAm or the one designed here to hook up the Sena to the CanAm radio.

mastertek2000
05-22-2014, 03:24 PM
he must have this cable it works but you loose your Ipod and if that the case why cant you use the cable the came with the can-am
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/sena-sm10-din-cable-for-kawasaki-can-am-victory-vision

sddinnh
05-22-2014, 03:28 PM
If he has that cable and is plugging it into the DIN outlet in the trunk, it will not work. The trunk DIN outlet is for INPUT to the radio only (like from an IPOD). The SMH 10 needs a line that outputs from the radio so it can send it via bluetooth to the headsets.

billybovine
05-22-2014, 03:29 PM
Hello All, I have a Sena SMH10 and just recently purchased the SM10. I got the 7 pin cable from Revzilla to connect and make the on board radio of the Can Am blue tooth ready. I cannot get the SM10 to pick up the on Board radio from the Can Am. Can any one help?

I am assuming you are plugging the 7 pin DIN connector into the ipod connector. Sorry that won't work. No outputs on that jack. The Sena cable is designed to plug into the jack for wired helmets. Not many Spyder come with that jack. You either should have bought the kit from BRP or you need to build a cable. There are several big threads on the topic.