PDA

View Full Version : Laser Alignment Questions....

rworell
05-22-2014, 08:42 AM
Mine is scheduled for tomorrow, its a reputalbe(SP) DEALER, but they are telling me 3hrs. Is this correct? I'm only asking cause I did some reserch here and see some threads talking about an hour or a little over that... I question 3hrs in the event they realy don't know exactly what to do... I was also very surprised that other dealers I called around to did not know about this need or do it at all... hmmmm

So I'm on board with getting it done, I just want it done right! I kind of wish I could hook with someone on here that does it instead. Hell I would drive a state or two away to get it done... always a great excuse for a road trip:rolleyes: :yes:

I'm curious of your thoughts??

Rich

bullant12
05-22-2014, 08:45 AM
Run! Seriously... RUN!:yikes:

3 hours is too much. They must not be using the Rolo System that we use, so they are just using the obsolete BRP way.

Our alignments are usually done in an hour.

Find out who is near you: http://www.spydercomfort.com/dealers.htm

murphybrown
05-22-2014, 08:47 AM
Mine is scheduled for tomorrow, its a reputalbe(SP) DEALER, but they are telling me 3hrs. Is this correct? I'm only asking cause I did some reserch here and see some threads talking about an hour or a little over that... I question 3hrs in the event they realy don't know exactly what to do... I was also very surprised that other dealers I called around to did not know about this need or do it at all... hmmmm

So I'm on board with getting it done, I just want it done right! I kind of wish I could hook with someone on here that does it instead. Hell I would drive a state or two away to get it done... always a great excuse for a road trip:rolleyes: :yes:

Rich
Hi Rich.
What I know for sure about laser alignment. IT is a definite benefit, but that is only if they are using the ROLO system. Average cost for ROLO alignment is around $130 (that can vary by a few $). Nope, watched many alignments (Rolo system independent dealers) at Spyderfest. Takes them a smidge over an hour (well, discount time for talking :roflblack:). Hopefully SpyderAnne or Erick, bullant ??, will jump in here. They are certified ROLO System dealers...so they will give you facts.

sddinnh
05-22-2014, 08:48 AM
Took them a little less than an hour to do mine.

arntufun
05-22-2014, 08:53 AM

Rich

SpyderQuest will be offering laser alignments and the CO-inventor will be on location !!!!! :thumbup:
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?67615-****SpyderQuest-2014****-Registration-Itinerary-and-Website-now-open/page2

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-22-2014, 08:56 AM

Rich :hun: :lecturef_smilie:....If they are claiming they are doing " LAZER " alignments ? ? ?.......ROLO / OUTLAW the people who invented it have NO DEALERS in Maine with their machine........check out the Home page (here) , their ad for listed dealers! ! !........Anyone can buy a lazer at Home Depot ,Lowe's, etc and tape it to the front wheels............?????/, but I agree RUN from these people..........I had mine done at Spyderfest approx. 55 minutes........3 hrs.....BS

KX5062
05-22-2014, 09:26 AM
I agree with all of the above. Before you give them your bike make doubly sure it's the ROLO method, otherwise.................:lecturef_smilie:

Chupaca
05-22-2014, 10:13 AM
many laser alignments may require a buds system adjustment as well. Make sure they have this ability. Aligning to an adjustable point also means they should first check and adjust the rear wheel, belt tension and tracking. This also raises a question in my mind...do belt adjustments and rear tire changes knock you out of alignment....:dontknow:

Big Arm
05-22-2014, 10:19 AM
I'd cancel the appointment, and get-er done at SpyderQuest. Just saying

SpyderAnn01
05-22-2014, 10:29 AM
Your dealer may be using the Rolo system but how many alignments have they done? Not many, or any if they take 3 hours to do it. I think you would be much better served to wait and have Mike Loescher, the inventor of the system, do your Spyder at Spyderquest. Mike has done hundreds of Spyders and thousands of alignments on cars.

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-22-2014, 10:30 AM
I agree with all of the above. Before you give them your bike make doubly sure it's the ROLO method, otherwise.................:lecturef_smilie:

" IT'S NOT ",....just look at the list ! ! !................................. mike :thumbup:

sddinnh
05-22-2014, 10:39 AM
" IT'S NOT ",....just look at the list ! ! !................................. mike :thumbup:

It is possible that they are a new dealer and just haven't been added to the list yet :dontknow:

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-22-2014, 11:43 AM
It is possible that they are a new dealer and just haven't been added to the list yet :dontknow:

They also told him it will take 3 hours the rolo / outlaw system is approx. 1 hour ! ! ! ! !........:gaah:

Deanna777
05-22-2014, 12:09 PM

RichRich: I had my spyder laser aligned @ SF, it took them about 55 minutes to do it. It is like night/day what a difference it makes. Deanna777

rworell
05-22-2014, 12:14 PM
Just canceled the appointment I had made for tomorrow.... and found another dealer in NH (Freedom Cycyle) They are a certified Rolo user and said that there is nothing out there they would ever use other than the Rolo Product! I felt very comfortable talking to the tech and service manager.... So glad I posted my question...
Thanks so much:clap::clap::clap:

flaggerphil
05-22-2014, 03:07 PM
Had mine done at Destination Spyder at Daytona and it took them less than an hour.

sddinnh
05-22-2014, 03:10 PM
Just canceled the appointment I had made for tomorrow.... and found another dealer in NH (Freedom Cycyle) They are a certified Rolo user and said that there is nothing out there they would ever use other than the Rolo Product! I felt very comfortable talking to the tech and service manager.... So glad I posted my question...
Thanks so much:clap::clap::clap:

That's where I bought my RT and they are who services it. Pretty good guys.