PDA

View Full Version : CanAm Full Cover for RT problem

Indyron
05-22-2014, 07:41 AM
I purchased the Can Am full cover for my 2013 RT, twice. Says online great for trailering. Both times I used it, it ripped apart at the throttle grip. Anybody else have this experience?

jcthorne
05-22-2014, 07:45 AM
Never use a cover when trailing on a open trailer. Even if the cover holds up, the bike will suffer damage from the wind whipping the fabric.

The covers are great for cover a bike on a trailer at night when the trailer is not moving.

Bob Denman
05-22-2014, 07:56 AM
:agree: Sorry... :shocked:
What the advertisements say; and what the truth is...
...not always the same thing. :banghead:

bullant12
05-22-2014, 08:09 AM
It might say trailering... but it doesn't specify open or closed!;)
Common sense tells me closed... but that is just my common sense!:rolleyes:

Bob Denman
05-22-2014, 08:15 AM
:agree: :opps:

Chupaca
05-22-2014, 10:40 AM
if you want protection on an open trailer build a wind breaker up front. There are no covers that hold up or protect the roadster traveling down the road at highway speeds. You ryde it at those speeds difference is your not on it when trailering...:ohyea:

Indyron
05-22-2014, 12:12 PM
It might say trailering... but it doesn't specify open or closed!;)
Common sense tells me closed... but that is just my common sense!:rolleyes:
So why would you want a full cover in an enclosed trailer? Just sayin'

Bob Denman
05-22-2014, 12:15 PM
Prying eyes? :shocked:
It also provides a way to get the cover to a location where the trailer itself might be a bit of "overkill"... :thumbup:

Dan_Ashley
05-22-2014, 12:15 PM
'cuz I don't wanna my spyder friend to catch cold...

Indyron
05-22-2014, 12:18 PM
Sounds like the belt and suspenders solution!;)

garb55
05-22-2014, 12:23 PM
'cuz I don't wanna my spyder friend to catch cold...

Get a climate controlled trailer :roflblack:

Woodsrider
05-23-2014, 10:10 AM

Dust, and a bit of protection if something else in the trailer falls over. Even with racks and tie downs it's amazing what shifts inside an enclosed hauler, and mine is always dusty inside from hauling dirt bikes.

I haven't figured out if I can get the :spyder2: in yet, the published width is exactly one inch less than my trailer hatch. I may try backing it in and then hand rolling the front fenders past so I don't scratch it.

Dan_Ashley
05-23-2014, 12:23 PM
Dust, and a bit of protection if something else in the trailer falls over. Even with racks and tie downs it's amazing what shifts inside an enclosed hauler, and mine is always dusty inside from hauling dirt bikes.

I haven't figured out if I can get the :spyder2: in yet, the published width is exactly one inch less than my trailer hatch. I may try backing it in and then hand rolling the front fenders past so I don't scratch it.Kinda narrow, IMHO. Ever think of putting in guides? I bolted some 4X4s to the bottom of my trailer so I would not be able to scuff the fenders. Maybe you could use a couple of 2X4s? Measure the distance from the tire to the fender, multiply that by two (two wheels), then add the 1". Then take that number and divide by two. This will let you know how wide a guide you could use on each side. This will prevent you from scuffing the fenders. It worked for me.