PDA

View Full Version : Big News soon?

Bionic Pope
09-08-2008, 04:47 PM
BRP big news on 2009 spyder is 9/9/08.

Any one no wher or what it be?

Smylinacha
09-08-2008, 06:57 PM
I heard no changes - cept for more money.

hotbot
09-08-2008, 07:06 PM
If they raise the price too much then they won't have much of a demand. I wouldn't pay too much more and I LOVE my spyder.

Zerocool
09-08-2008, 07:35 PM

I hear there'll be many more accessories, as BRP wants more of that action.

Bersquack
09-08-2008, 07:36 PM
I have a friend who works for BRP and he told me there will be no change for 2009 except that both model will sell for $500 more than the current price.

Bionic Pope
09-08-2008, 09:28 PM
I hear BRP will have 1200 CC tour spyder soon. I think soon is they show it.

Roaddog2
09-08-2008, 09:38 PM

Any one no wher or what it be?:yikes:Rumer from the show 700.00 increase no color changes

8LEGS
09-08-2008, 10:29 PM
:yikes:Rumer from the show 700.00 increase no color changes

I don't want to jump to conclusions....but .... That sucks. I'll have all my bills paid off by January and then was going to order my spyder. I will still order one, but dang, I hope for the $$$ increase they make a few changes. Otherwise I might be looking for a used SE5. Guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see the BIG news.

Dwight
09-09-2008, 06:55 AM
I got an email survey about BRP's website. They wanted to know how to make it better. In the comments section I told them I would be in the market for a Spyder set up for serious long range touring. I also commented on the number of miles we ride on our conventional trike. Several weeks later I got a reply thanking me for taking the survey and a comment that the Spyder I was looking for would be available in late 09. They said that's all they could say now. Sounds like they are going to build a "real" touring trike. The time frame works for me, I sure hope they weren't kidding me.

Dwight

Bersquack
09-09-2008, 07:50 AM
That would suck for me as I would like a more touring spyder, but plan on buying mine for an April delivery. I cannot spend another summer without a spyder. I hope it is some sort of accessory kit rather than a new model. I'll make a call to my source and see what he is allowed to say on the topic and get back to all of you.

Let's keep the rumor mill going!

bjt
09-09-2008, 08:01 AM
I would also like a better touring Spyder but, unless I come into a lot of money, I will have to stay with my Premier Edition and do my own touring mods. Actually, I'll borrow a phrase from lamonster and say that my Spyder is pretty much dialed in. :D At least it will be once I get the new windshield, seat and comm system. The only thing that I would really want that I probably won't be able to get is a six (forward) speed tranny with an electric reverse. If that option is on a new Spyder, I might have to consider selling mine and upgrading.

ataDude
09-09-2008, 11:27 AM
I don't want to jump to conclusions....but .... That sucks. I'll have all my bills paid off by January and then was going to order my spyder. I will still order one, but dang, I hope for the $$$ increase they make a few changes. Otherwise I might be looking for a used SE5. Guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see the BIG news.

You'll probably get the rear axle caps for free. :D

NancysToy
09-09-2008, 11:31 AM
I prefer the sport touring types, so the current Spyder isn't that far off the mark except for the windshield. I would like to see them add a few things.
First, a decent rack that is a real luggage rack, open, with places to attach straps and bungees anywhere, and maybe a lip on the back like my Beemer.
Second, removeable hard bags with integral mounting points. I can remove the bags on my BMW and you have to look closely to see that you can even fit bags on there. No visible racks or supports.
Third, the windshield of my dreams.
Fourth, heated grips.
Finally, better mileage or a bigger tank. Need about a 200 mile range.
With these additions I might even buy one for myself and quit stealing my wife's.
-Scotty

BeRight
09-09-2008, 11:33 AM
Where on BRP website will they post 2009 models announcement?

Bersquack
09-09-2008, 12:04 PM
Scotty, what kind of gas mileage are you getting. I read in a few places that the Spyder had an aotonomy of about 230 miles, so I'm curious.

Thanks.

NancysToy
09-09-2008, 02:24 PM
Scotty, what kind of gas mileage are you getting. I read in a few places that the Spyder had an aotonomy of about 230 miles, so I'm curious.

Thanks.
28-32, but sometimes as little as 24 or as much as 36. Don't want to be sucking fumes (it makes me nervous) so with a real capacity of 6.3 gallons, filling at two bars uses about 5 gallons worth. That leaves an average safe range of about 140-160 miles, but it could be as poor as 120 (and has!) or as much as 180. I'd love a little more for a true touring bike. This thing is certainly comfortable enough (to me) to ride 200 miles at a stretch.
-Scotty

Way2Fast
09-09-2008, 04:23 PM
Big price increase for 2009, but many dealers will be forced into discounting the MSRP so the price paid will be basicly the same as 2008.

Richard

Spyderman62
09-09-2008, 05:51 PM

WELL:dontknow:..............I am sitting here patiently waiting - What is the big news huh?:hun::hun::hun::hun::hun::hun::hun::hun::hun:: hun::hun::hun::hun::hun::popcorn:

Bionic Pope
09-09-2008, 06:11 PM
I hear nothing yet. One bad will be if spyder has 1200cc the mpg is less an many are mad all reddy a bout MPG.

Many post say today was big BRP info day on new item - but I no see it.

Arachnid
09-09-2008, 08:22 PM
Word I just got from the Spyder Talk site is that there will be no 1200 for 09 just a bunch of new extras. Touring windshield, etc.
Maybe further on down the road. :pray:

http://www.spydertalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7452

Mike

BRPjunkie
09-09-2008, 09:21 PM
Follow BRPs history in the PWC market. Year two model had refinements to improve year one model. They did not even change the color. Year three and after they rolled out different models, different engines, different colors, etc. As long as they are the only player in the market, they can continue to use existing model with tweaks to meet demand. Dealers need to catch up on working on this model before they get thrown a whole fleet of models. Progress in PWC market came as a result of competition from Kawasaki, Yamaha, Polaris and others. I'm sure BRP has great plans in the works, but before they expand, they have to be sure this segment of the market is big enough to handle multiple models.

bjt
09-09-2008, 09:46 PM
Follow BRPs history in the PWC market. Year two model had refinements to improve year one model. They did not even change the color. Year three and after they rolled out different models, different engines, different colors, etc. As long as they are the only player in the market, they can continue to use existing model with tweaks to meet demand. Dealers need to catch up on working on this model before they get thrown a whole fleet of models. Progress in PWC market came as a result of competition from Kawasaki, Yamaha, Polaris and others. I'm sure BRP has great plans in the works, but before they expand, they have to be sure this segment of the market is big enough to handle multiple models.

That makes great sense.

rockstar
09-09-2008, 10:51 PM
i think they are waiting untill they get all of the orders filled so you dont back out of the one you ordered.just a thought:hun::banghead: