PDA

View Full Version : Indy Spyder Riders

mcatell69
05-21-2014, 07:14 PM
I have been talking with some folks here in the Indiana forum to see if anyone would be interested in forming as Spyder Club here in Indy. There seems to be some interest. So if you're interested, we will be meeting this Sat (May 24th) at the Blueberry Hill Pancake House at Franklin Rd and Washington St. here in Indianapolis at 11am. I know some of you said you can't make it but are interested. I can't wait to meet you at the next meeting! My name is Mike. My wife and I own a 2014 Spyder RT Ltd. We live on Indy's southeast side. We went to Spyderfest in Springfield, Mo. and saw all the clubs there and thought "Why doesn't Indy have a club?" You could see the friendships, common interest (Spyder owners, sharing info, new ideas), and all the fun they were all having. We would like to meet other Spyder owners, ride with them, and make new friendships, and share in the fun of owning a Can Am Spyder. Although I have never done anything like this, I am willing to put time in learning and doing to help get a club together. So if you can't make it this weekend, and think you might be interested, reply here so we can see who's interested. Thanks for reading. Looking forward to meeting you! Mike and Gigi :rolleyes:

funon3
05-22-2014, 05:10 PM
Mike, I am definitely interested but can't make it this Saturday either. I head out of state for the summer for 4 months but would be glad to meet up if you get this organized in the spring and fall after I get back in town. I have a 2012 RT-S.

Tom

gmcgarrity
05-23-2014, 06:14 PM
can't do it this weekend
very interested

ride safe
geo

mcatell69
05-23-2014, 07:16 PM
I know this is a bad weekend to try to set up a meeting. It was the first time I had available. I will still be at Blueberry Hill Pancake House at Franklin Rd. and Washington St. at 11am Sat 5-24 in case anyone wants to go. I appreciate everyone's response and interest. Does anyone have a suggestion when and where we can meet in the future?

retread
05-23-2014, 07:45 PM
I have one thing to take care of Saturday morning, but I will try to be there by 11.

john

DaDrkmysta
05-24-2014, 10:48 AM
I know this is a bad weekend to try to set up a meeting. It was the first time I had available. I will still be at Blueberry Hill Pancake House at Franklin Rd. and Washington St. at 11am Sat 5-24 in case anyone wants to go. I appreciate everyone's response and interest. Does anyone have a suggestion when and where we can meet in the future?

Once a month CycleGear at Castleton Mall has a bike night. Usually has lot of bikes out there and I've heard two spyders are usually in attendance. I believe the first thursday of every month. Not sure if we can all make it on a weekday but it's a start

mcatell69
05-25-2014, 10:46 AM
Met with John (Retread) yesterday at Blueberry Pancake House. We talked about getting an owners group together, ate breakfast, then went on a short ride. Enjoyed talking to John. We are looking forward to meet other Spyder Riders! I work all week long and weekends are best for me too. However, I am willing to meet on a weekday evening. I am willing to meet anywhere it's convenient for everyone else. If we want to meet at the Castleton Bike Night, let's do it. FYI, I've heard of a vintage bike night across the street from Greens Pub on 10th St. just east of Emerson Ave on the 1st Thursday of the month starting around 6pm. The next one will be on June 5th. Everyone enjoy and have a safe holiday weekend! Mike and Gigi

mcatell69
05-28-2014, 06:04 PM
Is anyone interested in a ride this weekend? Mike

retread
05-28-2014, 08:30 PM
Can't make it this weekend mike, sorry.

john

Barbie
06-02-2014, 11:42 AM
I belong to IMG in which members have all types of bikes. There are 3 of us ladies who have spyders now plus a few others. We might be interested in getting together for a ride. We just got back from visiting one of our spyder systers in Ohio and had talked to Sue Hopper about possibly coming to Indy to do some painting if anyone would be interested.

mcatell69
06-05-2014, 08:23 PM
Went to the Vintage Bike Night tonight, it was pretty cool. We saw a old Harley with a sidecar and several other vintage bikes. I will be riding to Peru to get my break-in oil change and laser alignment this Sat the 7th of June. Can't wait to feel the difference after the alignment. Ride safe everyone! Keep the rubber side down and the sunny side up!

mcatell69
06-08-2014, 11:03 AM
Got my 3000 mile break in oil change and front end alignment at Maximum Power Sports in Peru, In yesterday. Excellent people there! Excellent pricing! The best $267 I've spent so far on my new 2014 Can Am RT Limited. The front was out of toe by 1 1/8". I watched the tech work for every bit of an hour plus doing the break in check list, oil change and cleaning all the assembly oil off the frame and parts. The bike rides straight and true, no vibrations, even corners better. I highly recommend Maximum Power Sports to anyone in the central Indiana area!

mcatell69
06-18-2014, 08:09 PM
July 3rd is vintage bike night at the Steer Inn 5130 E. 10th St. There are really nice old bikes there and I'm told the food is good. I'll be there around 7pm. Anyone interested?

retread
06-20-2014, 01:48 PM
Interested, but won't be able to commit for a while.

john

mcatell69
08-07-2014, 06:38 PM
It's been awhile and thought I'd check in to see if anyone wants to meet to see if there is interest in a spyder owners group here in Indy. I'm open for suggestions. Mike

I have been talking with some folks here in the Indiana forum to see if anyone would be interested in forming as Spyder Club here in Indy. There seems to be some interest. So if you're interested, we will be meeting this Sat (May 24th) at the Blueberry Hill Pancake House at Franklin Rd and Washington St. here in Indianapolis at 11am. I know some of you said you can't make it but are interested. I can't wait to meet you at the next meeting! My name is Mike. My wife and I own a 2014 Spyder RT Ltd. We live on Indy's southeast side. We went to Spyderfest in Springfield, Mo. and saw all the clubs there and thought "Why doesn't Indy have a club?" You could see the friendships, common interest (Spyder owners, sharing info, new ideas), and all the fun they were all having. We would like to meet other Spyder owners, ride with them, and make new friendships, and share in the fun of owning a Can Am Spyder. Although I have never done anything like this, I am willing to put time in learning and doing to help get a club together. So if you can't make it this weekend, and think you might be interested, reply here so we can see who's interested. Thanks for reading. Looking forward to meeting you! Mike and Gigi :rolleyes:

Kay55
08-07-2014, 07:08 PM
It's been awhile and thought I'd check in to see if anyone wants to meet to see if there is interest in a spyder owners group here in Indy. I'm open for suggestions. Mike

We would be interested in joining a riding group. Has there been others interested?

Indyron
08-07-2014, 07:23 PM
Would be interested, thanks for the leadership

mcatell69
08-15-2014, 06:20 AM
If anyone is an early riser, I'm riding up to Maximum Power Sports in Peru, In Sat morning for some warranty work. Then test driving a spyder to ride around the area. If your interested riding call me at 317-714-8104 or email me at: mcatell69@yahoo.com. Mike and Gigi

recordingguy
08-15-2014, 09:27 AM
Any Spyder's going on the Legacy Run starting in Indy to Kings Mountain, NC. this weekend. The run is for 5 days. The start is at the American Legion Hall. I will be making the run with a bunch of bikers. Bob

mcatell69
08-15-2014, 08:05 PM
Hello all! I'm going to keep trying. Anyone interested in a Labor Day ride? Let's do this! I'll check back to see if anyone is interested. My contact info is on this thread. Be free! Ride on three!

Copperman
08-16-2014, 05:00 AM
Hello all! I'm going to keep trying. Anyone interested in a Labor Day ride? Let's do this! I'll check back to see if anyone is interested. My contact info is on this thread. Be free! Ride on three!

We're leaving the 31st for Destin, Florida with stops in Atlanta and Orlando to visit family and friends before headling to Destin. Will have to make another ride. Thanks for putting this together.

Roadster Renovations
08-20-2014, 09:19 AM
Johnson County Sheriff's Charity Ride - Saturday 8/23/14 @ 10AM. Registration starts at 8:00AM. We are 99% sure of being there. Forming up at Franklin Walmart. Registraction is $30 single rider and $40 with passenger. First 300 registered will get a T-shirt. Proceeds go to: Riley Children's Hospital, COTA (Children's Organ Transplant Assn), Johnson County Community Foundation, Johnson County Special Olympics, and other local charitable organizations. Hope to see you there.

mcatell69
08-25-2014, 09:03 PM
There is a group of spyders riding Labor Day. We are meeting at the Speedway Gas Station in Plainfield, In. at I-70 & 267 at 10 am Labor Day Morning. Message me for more info. Mike

MikeT
08-26-2014, 06:58 AM
Mike,
Hope you're group is blessed with blue skies and sunny weather. Ride safe.

Duece2
08-29-2014, 10:39 PM
Mike, I am planning on trying to be there.

mcatell69
09-25-2014, 07:48 PM
Hello all! Trying to get this out to as many Indy spyders I can. There is a ride this Sunday (Sept 28th) meeting at the Speedway gas station on Rockville Rd and High School Rd at 9:30am. We will riding to Parke Co. to visit covered bridges and communities. We welcome all spyders who want to ride and 2 wheelers too. If you live closer to Danville, In we are meeting a few at the Casey's at 10am. My name is Mike and I ride a 2014 Black Currant RT Limited. Looking forward to see you!

Questions
10-25-2014, 08:55 PM
Hello,

Is there an Indiana Spyders group? If so, how do you get involved?

Slagiatt
10-25-2014, 09:16 PM
A few of us have from time to time gotten together for unorganized (almost spur-of-the-moment) rides, but there really is no "organized" group. However, the Indianapolis Motorcycle Group (IMG) is very active and has a couple of spyder-owning members. If you are anywhere near Indy (especially the south side) this may be for you. These are fun people who are welcoming and upbeat and meat every Tuesday evening for a ride to some restaurant. Here's the link: http://www.meetup.com/indymotorcyclist/members/
:2thumbs:

Indyron
10-25-2014, 10:52 PM
Hello,

Is there an Indiana Spyders group? If so, how do you get involved?
Yes there is an Indiana group. To join and communicate with others go to "Community" and then "Group" you'll find the Indiana group you can join there.

Slagiatt
10-26-2014, 10:44 AM
:hun:Of course there's a group...(I actually belong to it) :opps: ..but is has been so inactive that I forgot about it (or, I forgot about it because I forget most things at my age.)

Sorry for the misinformation.

Hopefully we can get more active in the Spring (if I can remember where I parked my Spyder.)
:thumbup: