PDA

View Full Version : front dust covers

docat5056
05-21-2014, 05:34 PM
On one of the forums someone was talking about loose dust covers on 2014 rts of which i have 1500 mi on now checked them today an all four were barely on two in front an two in back so i put a small amount of silicone on to hold in place. So far i dont know why i didnt get this bike sooner great bike ,going to mammoth mountain for a rally in june with the southern cruisers riding club a bike club i rode with on two wheels so far bike has been great added a rack to carry extra bags waiting on utopia back rest when i get back will add other things like sway bar skid plate so far only problem was a bad gas cap they replaced ride when i went back to them left speakers went out on ride sunday got back plugged ipod reconnected speakers went back on put short antenna on so as not to interfere with bag on rag. someone on forum pointed out to me i need to puctuate my comments i am not a english major as long as i get my point across is all i care about.

Bob Denman
05-21-2014, 05:43 PM
Punctuation can make it easier to figure out what you're saying... :shocked:
Do you have any pictures of those dust covers?? :dontknow:
Thanks! :thumbup:

docat5056
05-21-2014, 05:53 PM
I am not real good with posting pics, they are on the inside of front wheels round about two inchs right in center of the hub in the back one on each side round right in center of the axles.

Bob Denman
05-21-2014, 06:14 PM
Ah... I've finally got it now! :thumbup:
I think that I always referred to them as "Hub Caps", "dust cover", is probably more accurate! :clap:

sddinnh
05-21-2014, 06:30 PM
Yup, I just checked mine and they are loose also.:banghead: I have a 3000 mile service next Friday, so I'll just let them take care of it then. Thanks for pointing that out.

Dan_Ashley
05-21-2014, 06:37 PM
Yup, I just checked mine and they are loose also.:banghead: I have a 3000 mile service next Friday, so I'll just let them take care of it then. Thanks for pointing that out.Mine were loose on my 2012 RT. I hit them with a rubber mallet. They went back in. No longer loose.

ElgynSpyder
05-21-2014, 07:55 PM
Wolphspyder purchased his spyder at Spyderfest, he lost his left inside dust cover on the trip back to Texas....ordered a new one for $7.00

docat5056
05-21-2014, 08:01 PM
Hope this helped.887938879488795

sddinnh
05-21-2014, 08:10 PM
Wolphspyder purchased his spyder at Spyderfest, he lost his left inside dust cover on the trip back to Texas....ordered a new one for $7.00

I would expect the dealer to replace one under warranty if I loose it :dontknow: They shouldn't just fall off. But, even though they feel loose, I've been over some pretty rough roads and haven't lost one yet.