PDA

View Full Version : 2012 leftover pricing

jmorgan1221
05-21-2014, 04:26 PM
i posted a couple of days ago about used pricing. now i just got back from a dealer and they have a 2012 rs sm5 with 3 year warranty. bike has 1.2 miles on odometer. currently have the price at 12,900 and the dealer will throw in a cover or helmet with the bike. is this a good deal? thanks

Bob Denman
05-21-2014, 04:32 PM
:shocked: Noooo...
It's a GREAT deal on a new bike! :2thumbs:

R&L Limted
05-21-2014, 04:41 PM
you best jump if it is what you want
:yes:

ARtraveler
05-21-2014, 06:17 PM
Approx $4K off of list for new--that sounds pretty good here if the model is right for you. :yes:

Silvervette05
05-21-2014, 06:30 PM
be on it like white on rice :thumbup:

Chupaca
05-21-2014, 06:32 PM
great deal you probably won't find better on a new anywhere else...:2thumbs:

billrob71
05-21-2014, 08:35 PM
Not gonna find a better deal then that, what is your concern ? Think I would of came home with it that minute. Have seen 10s and 11s trying to be sold for just as much if not more.

jmorgan1221
05-21-2014, 08:49 PM
i told him that i would let him know tomorrow. i was just concerned that since it was a 2012 that it may have been a little on the high side. i havnt researched price all that much. thanks for all the replies. it will make my decision easier.

Dudley
05-21-2014, 08:53 PM
i posted a couple of days ago about used pricing. now i just got back from a dealer and they have a 2012 rs sm5 with 3 year warranty. bike has 1.2 miles on odometer. currently have the price at 12,900 and the dealer will throw in a cover or helmet with the bike. is this a good deal? thanks

Tell him $13,000 out the door and write him a check. It's a good price at cost, but you are still looking at a Spyder with a 2 year model age. A helmet or a cover to a dealer is chump change.

msj4848
05-21-2014, 09:09 PM
Yes that's a smoking deal, but its totally worth making some phone calls to other dealers. My dealer has a 12 RS-S SE5 still in the crate. Don't remember the exact number, but 13500 sticks in my mind for some reason. With the increased rebate that started in May, I'll bet with some wheelin and dealin and badgering you could get a slammin deal if youre willing to drive.

jmorgan1221
05-21-2014, 09:14 PM
Tell him $13,000 out the door and write him a check. It's a good price at cost, but you are still looking at a Spyder with a 2 year model age. A helmet or a cover to a dealer is chump change.
12,900 is the price out the door before taxes.

jerpinoy
05-22-2014, 01:40 AM
Good deal take it if you like it.

Bob Denman
05-22-2014, 07:26 AM
For the folks that like the 990 series engines; it's not going to get any better than that one! :thumbup:
You've still got "throttle by cable", and a lower compression engine that'll like regular gas better.

murphybrown
05-22-2014, 07:30 AM

That is a great price if it is what you want. :yes:

DJFaninTN
05-22-2014, 08:14 AM
wow .. that dealer has lost his mind on holding that bike this long. surely that floor plan expired on that bike many moons ago. i know they are not the only ones with some 2012's left. heck i have even seen one dealer that had a 2011 still sitting there just a few months ago :yikes:

i don't understand small business owners who hold on to inventory for years and then when they finally sell it, they think they made all this profit. if they had taken a little less long ago, that profit could have been working for them in other areas :banghead:. plus the dollar is most likely worth less today than it was a couple of years ago.

OP if that is a good price for you on the bike then I say go get it.:thumbup:

murphybrown
05-22-2014, 08:43 AM
wow .. that dealer has lost his mind on holding that bike this long. surely that floor plan expired on that bike many moons ago. i know they are not the only ones with some 2012's left. heck i have even seen one dealer that had a 2011 still sitting there just a few months ago :yikes:

i don't understand small business owners who hold on to inventory for years and then when they finally sell it, they think they made all this profit. if they had taken a little less long ago, that profit could have been working for them in other areas :banghead:. plus the dollar is most likely worth less today than it was a couple of years ago.

OP if that is a good price for you on the bike then I say go get it.:thumbup:

Have heard this from 3 diff Spyder dealer...so I'm taking it as gospel!! BRP does NOT charge any flooring on new machines (yep my response was realllllly). BUT when the dealer takes a trade in...the minute that trade in is signed over the dealer has to pay flooring. So I then understood why a couple dealers were not interested in taking my '10 in trade..wanted me to sell it. Just wanted to pass that info along...sometimes I stand on a "belief" that ain't quite the truth. :opps:

Bob Denman
05-22-2014, 08:52 AM
:shocked: That is VERY interesting... Thanks! :thumbup:

DJFaninTN
05-22-2014, 08:59 AM
Have heard this from 3 diff Spyder dealer...so I'm taking it as gospel!! BRP does NOT charge any flooring on new machines (yep my response was realllllly). BUT when the dealer takes a trade in...the minute that trade in is signed over the dealer has to pay flooring. So I then understood why a couple dealers were not interested in taking my '10 in trade..wanted me to sell it. Just wanted to pass that info along...sometimes I stand on a "belief" that ain't quite the truth. :opps:

now that is a crazy business model!:shocked:

Bob Denman
05-22-2014, 09:07 AM
I suppose that it's a "safer" environment for the dealers to operate in... :thumbup: