PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Cover "warranty campaign"

ulflyer
05-21-2014, 03:33 PM
Turns out BRP is changing all the screws on the clutch cover. This took less than a half hour.

The RT was in for a new Pirelli P4 tire. At 5750 the Kenda was slick in the middle. :p Speedo is still running 2 miles over, according to the GPS; same as with the Kenda.

Chupaca
05-21-2014, 03:42 PM
Wow tire really not matching the new set up. They seem to go fast on the 2014 RT's.
Guess they don't want to change them one at a time...:roflblack:
Also heard that they are calling the 14 owners to have the ignition switch checked or replaced. (this is new one)..:dontknow:

ulflyer
05-21-2014, 04:11 PM
Wow tire really not matching the new set up. They seem to go fast on the 2014 RT's.
Also heard that they are calling the 14 owners to have the ignition switch checked or replaced. (this is new one)..:dontknow:

Used this size tire on previous '11 with good results and with its longer warranty than the Kumho Esta Ast I'm hoping it will at least last 10K or more.

Svc Mngr explained about the ignition switch, that a lot of folks that should have had them replaced earlier when this was first noted, haven't had it done. Mine wasn't on the original list.

Bob Denman
05-21-2014, 04:29 PM
Would a 215/60-15 size have helped? :dontknow:

acinpcola
05-21-2014, 04:58 PM

I have not gotten a call about the iggy switch as of yet, will probably call my servicing dealership to check on these.

Be Safe

SpyderAnn01
05-21-2014, 05:48 PM
Is the clutch cover campaign only for the SE?

Purple Guy
05-21-2014, 09:30 PM
I've noticed my ignition has been acting up a bit the last week or so, gonna give the service techs a call on it.
Thanks for the heads up on the clutch cover, I'll be asking about this as well.

ulflyer
05-22-2014, 06:07 AM
Is the clutch cover campaign only for the SE?

Ann, don't know if the manual clutch is included or not. but he took right lower panels off to get to the cover, if that helps.

ulflyer
05-22-2014, 06:16 AM
Would a 215/60-15 size have helped? :dontknow:

Bob, I used a "tire calculator" to compare sizes and the 215 comes out considerably larger than the OEM whereas the 205 is closer in overall measurements.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tirecalc.php

In researching for best prices, I found "simpletire.com" still has some Michelin Hydroedge in stock in case anyone wants one. I know there were several users in the past that liked this tire but it has been discontinued for some time now.

Bob Denman
05-22-2014, 07:04 AM
I noticed that also; It may even be a size that's "Out of Bounds"... :shocked:

Chupaca
05-22-2014, 10:49 AM
Used this size tire on previous '11 with good results and with its longer warranty than the Kumho Esta Ast I'm hoping it will at least last 10K or more.

Svc Mngr explained about the ignition switch, that a lot of folks that should have had them replaced earlier when this was first noted, haven't had it done. Mine wasn't on the original list.

The added horsepower with lowend torque added weight and being used to high rpms seems to have an adverse effect on tires on the 14's. We are seeing lower than ever mileages or they have changed the compound on the tire. I ryde hard and have over 18,000 miles on mine. Jmo

KX5062
05-22-2014, 11:12 AM
Turns out BRP is changing all the screws on the clutch cover. This took less than a half hour.

The RT was in for a new Pirelli P4 tire. At 5750 the Kenda was slick in the middle. :p Speedo is still running 2 miles over, according to the GPS; same as with the Kenda.

Did they say what's wrong with the screws?

KX5062
05-22-2014, 11:13 AM

IIRC, the ignition switch is more of a TSB. It delayed the arrival of my 2014 for about 2 weeks because they were supposedly correcting them at the factory before delivery.

ulflyer
05-23-2014, 07:19 AM
Did they say what's wrong with the screws?

I think the tech said the new ones are harder, or something to that effect. Honestly, I didn't pay much attention as this was done while mine was in for a new tire. Just happened to be there at the right time. :)

ruthie
05-23-2014, 05:22 PM
Is there a site to go see the BRP bulletins and recall and print them out to take to the dealer? Like to keep a step ahead of my dealer. ;)

Purple Guy
05-23-2014, 09:44 PM
This apparently does not apply to all 14 RT's. My dealer said he checked my vin, no campaigns, bulletins, or updates for it.

Stopped in today and got the same response. :dontknow: