PDA

View Full Version : Not the greatest dealer

Myoutdoors
05-20-2014, 08:14 PM
Unfortunately I was at my dealership to get the parts to do the first oil change. The tried to sell me the BRP kit for the 13' & earlier. I explained it was a new motor and tranny and got the I don't know what to tell ya look. I looked up the individual part #'s listed in the diy section and they told me those #'s didn't come up on the computer? Great! I then showed them how my drive belt was all the way to the right against the sprocket ...this is how it was delivered...and they said they like to adjust them in the middle but do not have any alignment tools to do in the future ? Great!

So I guess I need to see if someone here has all the parts for a proper oil change and should I just do the alignment myself per the diy video offered here? Does the belt need to be adjusted so it rides in the middle of the sprocket on the 14's?

Dan_Ashley
05-20-2014, 09:58 PM
You need a different dealer. How far to the next one?

RUOUTHERE
05-21-2014, 02:30 PM
Unfortunately I was at my dealership to get the parts to do the first oil change. The tried to sell me the BRP kit for the 13' & earlier. I explained it was a new motor and tranny and got the I don't know what to tell ya look. I looked up the individual part #'s listed in the diy section and they told me those #'s didn't come up on the computer? Great! I then showed them how my drive belt was all the way to the right against the sprocket ...this is how it was delivered...and they said they like to adjust them in the middle but do not have any alignment tools to do in the future ? Great!

So I guess I need to see if someone here has all the parts for a proper oil change and should I just do the alignment myself per the diy video offered here? Does the belt need to be adjusted so it rides in the middle of the sprocket on the 14's?

Not it clear which dealer you visited but I use Rt 3a Motorsports in Chelmsford, MA. It's not all that far from you, ask for Nate in Service or Gary the Service Manager.

Mspiv
05-21-2014, 04:57 PM
I use Bobs Skidoo in Easton, Ma.

Myoutdoors
05-21-2014, 06:29 PM
They came through today and I should have the parts to do it myself by tomorrow or Friday. I'll only bring it in for a serious warranty issue. I do all my own wrenching on all my sleds , wheelers and bikes so I'll do the same for the Spyder. As I get older and start to think I'll just pay someone to work on things to save me time...I realize I can't let some maroon do it. I just need to get used to how this thing ticks.

thank God for great forums such as this...every vehicle I've ever owned, I have found these types of forums to be the most valuable tool in the box!

sddinnh
05-21-2014, 06:33 PM
:agree: :thumbup:

PW2013STL
05-26-2014, 08:05 AM
They came through today and I should have the parts to do it myself by tomorrow or Friday. I'll only bring it in for a serious warranty issue. I do all my own wrenching on all my sleds , wheelers and bikes so I'll do the same for the Spyder. As I get older and start to think I'll just pay someone to work on things to save me time...I realize I can't let some maroon do it. I just need to get used to how this thing ticks.

thank God for great forums such as this...every vehicle I've ever owned, I have found these types of forums to be the most valuable tool in the box!

+1 on this. I do have the very first service done by the dealer on all new bikes, but after that I do it all unless it is a warranty issue.

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-26-2014, 02:35 PM

:gaah:....Amen Brother..............Mike :thumbup:

Myoutdoors
05-26-2014, 09:47 PM
They got the parts and gave me a discount so that helped. I still don't know what I'll do when a laser alignment is needed?

SpyderAnn01
05-26-2014, 11:56 PM
They got the parts and gave me a discount so that helped. I still don't know what I'll do when a laser alignment is needed?

Go to www.spydercomfort.com and look for a dealer near you for laser alignment. Or you could ride to Las Vegas and I'll get you Squared Away.