PDA

View Full Version : A FEW LED'S TO BRIGHTEN and be SEEN A LITTLE MORE!

Mooseman
05-20-2014, 10:43 AM
Had a little spare time and some LED's.....Here they are!

bullant12
05-20-2014, 10:49 AM
Unless you are LEO, did you check with your local/state laws about having blue lights? Especially in the front, that might give you a reason to get ticketed in a lot of places for impersonating an LEO!:lecturef_smilie:

Other than that... Looks good!:thumbup:

Phil
05-20-2014, 12:38 PM
I agree with Erick (bullant12). You'll see lots of posts about the sometimes fickleness of the law on blue and red lights brightly facing forward. I've done purple in the past and will be RGB on DarthII with an easy way to kill them if ever there is a complaint.

BUT.... very nice work. I love seeing the reflection of LEDs rather than the direct light from them whenever possible. Keep up the good work!!

cuznjohn
05-20-2014, 12:44 PM
here in ny blue is illegal but it does look nice

SpyderMonkei
05-20-2014, 12:46 PM
here in ny blue is illegal but it does look nice

I thought it was illegal everywhere. Replaced with white or amber would look great.

Bob Denman
05-20-2014, 05:13 PM
GREAT job! :clap: Do you have them on a separate switch, so that you can turn them off out on the highway? As you've already heard; Blue lighting might give you some trouble...
But for the "Parking Lot Light Battles": AWESOME! :2thumbs:

Mooseman
05-20-2014, 05:24 PM
Well, I've had the 4 bottom ones on for a while and I have passed or been passed by locals, Staties, Park Rangers (where I ride some) and only one comment from a troopper which was Hey they look cool!. Yes Bob Denman I do have a switch installed on the console to operate them on/off It too has a blue LED light hahahaha

Chupaca
05-20-2014, 05:31 PM
thats more than a few but look great legal or ilegal...great job....congrats..!! :2thumbs:

Bob Denman
05-20-2014, 06:14 PM
Well, I've had the 4 bottom ones on for a while and I have passed or been passed by locals, Staties, Park Rangers (where I ride some) and only one comment from a troopper which was Hey they look cool!. Yes Bob Denman I do have a switch installed on the console to operate them on/off It too has a blue LED light hahahaha
:thumbup: Cool! :clap:

Cruzr Joe
05-20-2014, 06:29 PM
It just takes one LEO to enforce the Blue Light Law and you are in trouble, depending on which state it may be a violation, a misdemeanor or as it is in Arkansas, A Felony to have active Blue Lights on your Vehicle. Just a word to the wise.

Cruzr Joe

ARtraveler
05-20-2014, 06:30 PM
The lights look great. :yes::yes:

You can't have too many lights. Recommend checking about the blue ones though.

samewok
05-20-2014, 06:34 PM
Talk to them here in Arkansas and they will leave you alone if they are not Red or Blue while driving.

spyder-dude
05-20-2014, 07:25 PM
I am pretty sure that it is illegal to have blue lights on while driving in PA as it is the same in NY and VA also.

pslawing
05-21-2014, 07:31 AM
Where did you get the LED's????

Mooseman
05-22-2014, 10:13 AM
It just takes one LEO to enforce the Blue Light Law and you are in trouble, depending on which state it may be a violation, a misdemeanor or as it is in Arkansas, A Felony to have active Blue Lights on your Vehicle. Just a word to the wise.

Cruzr Joe Wow Cruzr Joe Arkansas is tough! As I said I even had a State Trooper tell me He liked them.. I am sure I might one or two that won't down the line. They are switch controlled and are either on or off. No flashing like our Fire guys use here.:doorag: