PDA

View Full Version : Where is Spyder while you're sleeping?

StSpyder09
09-07-2008, 10:50 PM
I'm new to this so excuse my ignorance. But where are you all keeping your :spyder: when you have to stay overnight at a hotel:dontknow:? Do you use a cover to conceal it:dontknow:? I would be so paranoid:spyder:, I wouldn't be able to sleep.

hevnbound
09-07-2008, 11:07 PM
I'm new to this so excuse my ignorance. But where are you all keeping your :spyder: when you have to stay overnight at a hotel:dontknow:? Do you use a cover to conceal it:dontknow:? I would be so paranoid:spyder:, I wouldn't be able to sleep.

Right next to me in my reinforced super-duper king bed. It's quite a hassle getting her through the door and in the bed but, it's well worth the peaceful secure sleep I get.

The wife's not all too happy about it - especially now that she has to sleep in the basement with BRP's Spyder cover for her bedding!! Occassionally she hooks herself up to the trickle charger to get rid of her headache. She's a real trooper!! ;)

lightman02
09-08-2008, 08:08 AM
Thats why I got the Scorpio alarm system. It has a keyfob that has a 1/2 mile range. So I can park my bike in the hotel parking lot and have a good night sleep with my keyfob next to me. If someone messes with the bike I'll get alerted on the keyfob. If no one messes with the bike I get a good nights sleep with no worries.

Lamonster
09-08-2008, 08:56 AM
Having returned from a 7,000 mile trip I can say I never took the key out of my Spyder nor did I remove my GPS or XM. I have a cover I throw over the top of it and that worked fine for me. :doorag:

tatt2r
09-08-2008, 09:32 AM
being so different i cant see a spyder as being a high theft vehicle .... with comuter chip in key ... and just the size of the bike how would you steal it? it's not going to fit in a pickup .... nothing short of a flat bed or trailer could you fit it on ...

AMTJIM
09-08-2008, 09:58 AM
I'd only worry about unfamiliar butts testing out the seat, a cover has worked for me.

StSpyder09
09-08-2008, 07:15 PM
Thanks Spyder Ryders,

So I guess its a Scorpio, an outdoor cover, and an extra large blanket.

Oh, Lamonster, no one would recognize your key anyway;)...hmmmmm?
Add to that a cloaking device for the key.:2thumbs::b2b:

NancysToy
09-08-2008, 09:41 PM
I do worry that unattended someone could easily roll it away. They may not be bright enough to understand the key thing. Steering lock and cover make it harder for them, with a cable lock through the front wheels if I really get worried.
-Scotty

Greg H.
09-09-2008, 04:55 AM
Canada. :popcorn: