PDA

View Full Version : Corbin seats

Oklahoma Spyder
09-07-2008, 10:03 PM
Anyone install corbins with the back rests? How do you like them.

SpyderSpy
09-08-2008, 09:39 AM
Heres an honest opinion: I bought the spyder and discovered Im not at all comfortable and my back started to be a big problem. I ordered the corbin seats and backrests and added a 4'riser from no neon magic.
With the Corbin seat you sit in the seat not on top of it like the stock seat. The backrest is a huge help it actually supports my back even on hard corners and quick accelerations. My back problem has been totally eliminated. Just need to find aftermarket for moving up & lowering the footpegs, brake and shift pedal....

cisaacs
09-08-2008, 01:46 PM
Love my corbin seat. The seat combined with the 4" risers made the spyder complete.

fleet
09-08-2008, 01:58 PM
I just installed the Corbins with small oval backrest on driver and large oval backrest on passenger. I too have the 4" risers and 2 highway peg brackets. So actually have 3 pegs on each side. 1) stock 2) bracket from Billet and 3) the Spyderlegs bracket from Bryan Farber. So actually I have the choice of 9 foot positions. I have a SE5 so I don't have to worry about the left hand side ( no shifter ). My favorite riding position is right foot middle peg ( Bryan's bracket ) and left foot forward peg - Billet bracket. That way I can bring my right foot back to the brake / stock peg very quickly if needed.
Anyway - Back to the seat..... my 1st impression was that the seat & backrest pushed me too far up. Being 6'3 , hip replaced and a 54 year old poot, I want to be farther back - not closer. Also I seemed sliding all over the seat - I did the spray 409 trick from Lamonster and it seemed to help. Also the new seat seemed kinda hard but after I put a couple of hundred miles on it , it started feeling better - just needs to get "pressure form fitted " from my rear I guess.:sour: Backrest adjustment is a trial and error situation - Just a half turn of the ajustment screw can mean either heaven or one of the edges is digging in your back.
The combination of the seat ( fitting in progress ) , risers and multiple highway brackets have made a world of difference to me.
After all the additions and tweaking, I'm a happy camper now:yes:

Oklahoma Spyder
09-08-2008, 02:12 PM
Did you have to buy the luggage rack from BRP to install the corbins or do the seats just bolt on.

fleet
09-08-2008, 02:32 PM
You take the stock seat / seat shock off . Corbin comes in 2 units. The main seat bracket ( built into driver's seat ) attaches to the same bolts that the black passenger handrails do. Also you reinstall the original seat shock ( if you want ) back under the main Corbin seat.

The original metal bracket from the stock seat is reattached and used to mount / latch the passenger seat - Also the ABS sensor unit is removed from the stock seat and reinstalled in the passenger seat. Passenger seat has a key lock. Back rests slide into vertical metal channels built into each of the seats and are tightened / adjusted by a hex bolt / set screw. No rack required.

Lamonster
09-08-2008, 06:58 PM
I have the Corbin seats and I can't see the driver backrest doing any good without the risers. You lean forward with the stock bars so if you plan on keeping the bars stock I wouldn't buy the drivers backrest but it is great for the passenger. :doorag:

effgjamis
09-10-2008, 10:17 PM
Is there anyone who still has their stock seat/pan and would like to find the stock seat a new home?

I am very interested to buy unless you wish to donate to an ole man...:yes:...
call 407-520-1061 or email effgjamis@cfl.rr.com

Thanks