PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Spyder 2014 RTS

Cajunborn
05-19-2014, 09:24 PM
Had problem with Spyder this afternoon, went to start it up after driving it to work, went to start it up and everything came on but the motor would not turn over like battery was dead, tried jumping it and no luck, no codes no nothing. Will have to call the BRP roadside assistance. Unless somebody has an idea of what I am not doing. ???

DLewis
05-19-2014, 09:28 PM
It's not in gear is it? Did you try starting it while applying the brake? Just a thought.:dontknow:

NZSpyderRyder
05-19-2014, 09:30 PM
As above :agree: or the kill switch

Tango
05-19-2014, 09:32 PM
:agree: Foot on brake first? Kill switch? :thumbup: Tom :trike:

Cajunborn
05-19-2014, 09:44 PM
Haven't thought about the kill switch, but yes press the brake and it is an SE6, I hope that is what it is, Fixing to go over there and find out.

Purple Guy
05-19-2014, 09:48 PM
Check the kill switch, may sound funny but I was out for a ride this weekend and stopped for a bite and when I went to leave I had a "dead" bike on my hands... Kill switch engaged! :roflblack:

Highwayman2013
05-19-2014, 10:32 PM
I did the same thing, stopped for lunch and must have bumped the kill switch when I got off. Duh!

Chupaca
05-19-2014, 10:37 PM
hope thats all it was and you are on your way..:pray: Otherwise something else is cutting the power to the starter..ignition switch, kill switch, bad key or battery. You jumped it so battery is good...:popcorn:ing to hear...:thumbup:

Cajunborn
05-19-2014, 10:50 PM
Embarrased to say but I must have been so frustrated that I could not start the bike and went through everything but the KILL switch, Lesson learned is calm down and go through the check list before going off the deep end. Thanks guys I had to read it and I should know better had a 2009 Spyder for 5 years before I upgraded and should have known better Thanks again

Cruzr Joe
05-19-2014, 10:53 PM
Glad to hear it was just operator error.

Cruzr Joe

JacCh
05-19-2014, 10:56 PM
Don't feel bad about not checking the kill switch. I have been riding for a long time and heard of this quite a lot. Also some people walk by a bike and turn the kill switch off just to mess with the owner.

Big Arm
05-19-2014, 11:03 PM
I use the kill sw. every time to shut the bike down. Good habit to get into.

Bob Denman
05-20-2014, 06:55 AM
The Kill switch seems to be the one that non-riders like to play with the most... :shocked:
I've seen these :cus: walk past a bike, and hit it; probably thinking how clever they are! :gaah:

murphybrown
05-20-2014, 07:35 AM
Embarrased to say but I must have been so frustrated that I could not start the bike and went through everything but the KILL switch, Lesson learned is calm down and go through the check list before going off the deep end. Thanks guys I had to read it and I should know better had a 2009 Spyder for 5 years before I upgraded and should have known better Thanks again

Just did the same thing a couple days ago...these are times that I learn to laugh at myself....:yes:

SpyderAnn01
05-20-2014, 07:39 AM
I use the kill sw. every time to shut the bike down. Good habit to get into.

:agree:

MMcc
05-20-2014, 07:44 AM
Did a 650 mile ryde last weekend to pick up a RT622 trailer I purchased from a friend. Two different times after a meal and potty break I found the bike was "dead". Yes, it seems someone had messed with the kill switch. After that I tried to find a seat in the restaurant where I can keep an eye on the spyder. Always draws lots of looks from the lunch crowd and a few walk around and make animated gestures pointing at the bike and trailer combination. Never did catch anyone touching the spyder so maybe it was me accidentally hitting the kill switch. I generally do not use it on this bike. On other bikes I have owned where the ignition key is located in a less than convenient spot the kill switch use was standard. Maybe old habits die hard.