PDA

View Full Version : Can-Am is covering the bases with the most popular sports fans

ARCTIC
05-19-2014, 01:34 PM
So they have Drew Brees, Mark Messinger (sp?), and Danica Patrick

FOOTBALL, HOCKEY and NASCAR (or all racing)

They got good bargain celebrities covering some really popular sports. Even though the Celebrity rescue vehicle was bad they might actually have a good plan of attack!! ;)

ARtraveler
05-19-2014, 01:41 PM
So they have Drew Brees, Mark Messinger (sp?), and Danica Patrick

FOOTBALL, HOCKEY and NASCAR (or all racing)

They got good bargain celebrities covering some really popular sports. Even though the Celebrity rescue vehicle was bad they might actually have a good plan of attack!! ;)

I don't recall seeing the Drew Brees one yet. IMO: the celebrity route is not hitting the target quite yet.

cuznjohn
05-19-2014, 01:48 PM
hey you need to spent the money to get the message out, i don't have a problem with that. it's advertising and most likely a write off

MouthPiece
05-19-2014, 01:55 PM
Although you may not consider it a sport, you forgot HBK (The Heart Break Kid).

Chris

Bob Denman
05-19-2014, 01:55 PM
I'm also not convinced that these Sports Celebrities are the way to go...
But I sell insurance; not cool reverse trikes! :opps:

ARCTIC
05-19-2014, 02:00 PM
I don't recall seeing the Drew Brees one yet. IMO: the celebrity route is not hitting the target quite yet.

You guys are already buying spyders. They don't need to convince you anymore :roflblack:

ARtraveler
05-19-2014, 02:00 PM

I am still liking the more generic commercials that were run pre-Danica.

People rydeing the various :ani29: models through beautiful country, etc., etc., etc.

Popular people from our site would not work either, since they are also not well known, except for in our ranks.

MouthPiece
05-19-2014, 03:30 PM
I get my advertisement by "word of mouth". How many spyderlovers are there now???

Chris

PatGund
05-19-2014, 03:53 PM
Well, they could use some top-notch players from my sport, but I doubt many people (particularly in the US) would recognize that many Curlers....... :)

Saluda
05-19-2014, 08:34 PM
Opinions of any of these people mean little or nothing to me.

Lamonster
05-20-2014, 10:35 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5Jb547r1cA

Bob Denman
05-20-2014, 10:40 AM
As much as I like watching it; I'm just not getting it... :shocked:

wyliec
05-20-2014, 10:45 AM
As much as I like watching it; I'm just not getting it... :shocked:

Bob,

Don't try to read too much into the BRP ads. They're just trying to hit the various demographics. I think it's funny to read the various opinions on these ads, and how they could be better. And that's JMO and I'm sticking to it.

MouthPiece
05-20-2014, 01:52 PM
But are they cost effective???

Chris

Bob Denman
05-20-2014, 01:57 PM
Advertising needs to be effective; cost shold be a secondary consideration...
I guess that I feel as if the "Ordinary" couple enjoying some beautiful scenery and roads on their Spyder; is more effective...

Rayelljay
05-20-2014, 03:28 PM
Need to get some top line musicians....How about an Eric Clapton model. If I could find a way of carrying my 6-string bass on my RS I'd happily drive it to my gigs.

wyliec
05-20-2014, 03:32 PM
Advertising needs to be effective; cost shold be a secondary consideration...
I guess that I feel as if the "Ordinary" couple enjoying some beautiful scenery and roads on their Spyder; is more effective...

What was effective for me was CSI Miami. So, in that case, it would have been your ordinary criminal type.

oldguyinTX
05-26-2014, 08:34 AM
I wonder if their Spyders run hot, smell like gasoline, vibrate, or if they were pulled off of the line and especially set up for them by the factory wizards. Just thinking out loud. :lecturef_smilie: