PDA

View Full Version : TRED WEAR CHANGING NAME NEED HELP PLEASE

scooterexpress
05-19-2014, 07:25 AM
ok my fellow spyder friends i need help in changing my company name as this current name just doesn't seem to grasp what it is we do,alot of people think we sell tires i need a name thats says we help you customize your tires. know after a year of being on here and selling them at the last 2 spyderfest i still get people asking what kind of tires i sell or what is this. what i would like from you'all is name suggestion that tells people what it is we do and if we use your suggestion we will give you a set of lettering of your choice for your bike or your vehicle.please be creative but keep it short. looking for a name not only for the spyder but for all types vehicles. thanks for all your help.i had one suggestion for a new name but my wife didn't think it was good enough

TIRE APPEARAL---does this say custom tire wear??

well as you can see i need some help and good suggestions.

jim

arntufun
05-19-2014, 07:34 AM
Sneaker Doodles !!!! :firstplace:

SPYD3R
05-19-2014, 07:38 AM
JB FARKLE TIRE MODS

SteveMac
05-19-2014, 07:45 AM
TireText
or
TextTire

warp10
05-19-2014, 07:58 AM
Tire expressions

tire letters

MarkLawson
05-19-2014, 08:10 AM
The word 'Wear' in your current name is confusing as tire or tread wear is a normal topic of discussion on this board and (unfortunately) it's normally not discussions about your products and services.

'Sidewall Appeal'
'Sidewall Apparel'
'Classic Sidewalls'

jwulf74
05-19-2014, 08:28 AM
Tire Dressing.

A couple others above are good too.

SpyRyd
05-19-2014, 08:39 AM
How 'bout "Tire Tatts" as in tattoos?

Ex-Rocket
05-19-2014, 08:40 AM
Tire Dresser-upper

my3gs
05-19-2014, 08:44 AM
White Letter Tire Expressions. It is what it is.

MarkLawson
05-19-2014, 08:51 AM

I vote for this one!

Eagle1
05-19-2014, 08:55 AM
How about Custom Tires, .:yes:or. Customized Sidewalls

PrairieSpyder
05-19-2014, 08:59 AM
"Farkle My Tires"

or "Tire Farkles"

ARCTIC
05-19-2014, 09:20 AM
Text2tires

WHATEVER you do DON'T use the word "farkle" in the business name. I have never heard that word until I joined this site and it'll just cause confusion for anyone who isn't a SL member

Grandpa Pete
05-19-2014, 09:38 AM
Sidewall Bling

Sidewall Skrypt

sddinnh
05-19-2014, 09:41 AM
Text2tires

WHATEVER you do DON'T use the word "farkle" in the business name. I have never heard that word until I joined this site and it'll just cause confusion for anyone who isn't a SL member

It's a common term throughout the biker forum community. I've seen it used on several other sites.

cognaccruiser
05-19-2014, 09:45 AM
Text2tires

Actually it is used a lot on GL1800riders (Goldwing) forum and some other car and bike forums I'm familiar with.

Gary

SpyderAnn01
05-19-2014, 10:09 AM
TireText
or
TextTire

I like Tire Text

I like

Sidewall Bling

Sidewall Skrypt

I like Sidewall Script

and your idea is okay but only if you spell it Tire Apparel. And one more thought, maybe you need to change your logo - keep the name - move Tred Wear off the tire and have something on the tire like "Personalized sidewall lettering" in larger letters so it is easily readable. I can't read what is currently on the tire in your logo. Good luck!

scooterexpress
05-19-2014, 12:10 PM
i like alot of these:yes: keep those suggestions coming i know theres only so many saying but i would like to hear more. and i really thank you all for your input.

jim

BikerDoc
05-19-2014, 12:20 PM
TIRE DECOR

Eagle1
05-19-2014, 12:59 PM
How about sidewall designs or screamin sidewalls. Sidewall Graphics----Sidewall Art.:cheers:

Spyder601
05-19-2014, 01:02 PM
How about "writings on the WALL"

SteveMac
05-19-2014, 01:05 PM
One more...

TireGrafixx

the second "x" dropped kinda like Exxon.

cptjam
05-19-2014, 01:24 PM
Back in the day, performance tires were marked with raised white lettering. It was even an option on new cars, just like whitewalls, or striped tires. The abbreviation is RWL, and has been for more than 50 years. I think if you tie that in, as it is explained on your website, you will have a stronger brand awareness. RAISED WHITE LETTERING. Tredwear is catchy, but, is a problem, not a mod. Think about that, and the name/slogan will jump out at you. Ours did! Joe

danlnc
05-19-2014, 04:24 PM
TIRE GRAPHXS

TexasSpyder
05-19-2014, 06:54 PM
Jim's Sidewall Graphics.

J. D.

NZSpyderRyder
05-19-2014, 06:59 PM
TireTattsRUs

Tireology

TireTart

Chupaca
05-19-2014, 09:09 PM
"Say it on a sidewall"... "Sidewall Grafitti" ...."Sidewall writer" ..."Sidewall Art" ..." Raised white Letters"

Good luck with the search...!! :thumbup:

shoes8
05-19-2014, 10:05 PM
Wheel Xpressions?

Wheel Expressions?

Wheel Talk?

Tire Talk?

Tire Chatter?

Tire Dressings?

Wheel Décor?

Wheel Words?

Wordy Wheels?

hogrider46
05-19-2014, 11:57 PM
Tire Appeal - Custom Lettering

IdahoMtnSpyder
05-20-2014, 12:10 AM
Text2tires

I take it you've never heard of the farkleberry bush!! :D:D

That was a gimmick Jack Bogut, morning DJ at KDKA in Pittsburgh in the seventies, used to raise money for Children's Hospital every Christmas. One year he sold farkleberry tarts, another year for a fee you could reach into a box and feel a farkleberry bush, and all sorts of other oddball variations. Even though he long ago left KDKA, Children's Hospital still keeps the farkleberry tradition somewhat alive. I have a Farklebeary Bear, pic below, I bought several years ago, and a bakery in Pittsburgh sells farkleberry cookies with part of the proceeds being donated to CH. So farkle really is a good word, although I agree not for a tire business!

IdahoMtnSpyder
05-20-2014, 12:11 AM
How about "Tire Attire"?

BigLegMac
05-20-2014, 08:02 AM
How about TIRE EXPRESSIONS?

NorthStar
05-20-2014, 11:04 AM
If you are thinking about re branding, especially in this age of internet searches, I suggest that you think about what people might "Google" if they are looking for the the type of product you produce.

The company name TredWear does not automatically make one think of custom lettering for tire sidewalls, but if you do an internet search on tread lettering ..... there you are on the first page.

I would not be too hasty to throw away something that works, but if you are looking for a name change you might want to think about just adding "Tire Letters" to your company name. "Tredwear Tire Letters" sounds good to me. Existing customers will still identify with your company and new customers will be able to find it online when they do searches for tire lettering. The goodwill of your company name will not be diminished and there will no longer be any confusion as to what product you sell.

Just my two cents.

scooterexpress
05-20-2014, 12:21 PM
If you are thinking about re branding, especially in this age of internet searches, I suggest that you think about what people might "Google" if they are looking for the the type of product you produce.

The company name TredWear does not automatically make one think of custom lettering for tire sidewalls, but if you do an internet search on tread lettering ..... there you are on the first page.

I would not be too hasty to throw away something that works, but if you are looking for a name change you might want to think about just adding "Tire Letters" to your company name. "Tredwear Tire Letters" sounds good to me. Existing customers will still identify with your company and new customers will be able to find it online when they do searches for tire lettering. The goodwill of your company name will not be diminished and there will no longer be any confusion as to what product you sell.

Just my two cents.

thanks for the advice but the website that you saw come up is my manufacturers website not me,i don't have web page yet still using this site as my advertising so this is one of the reasons for changing name. plus like i was sayin tredwear really doesnt say customize tires.

NorthStar
05-20-2014, 01:20 PM
thanks for the advice but the website that you saw come up is my manufacturers website not me,i don't have web page yet still using this site as my advertising so this is one of the reasons for changing name. plus like i was sayin tredwear really doesnt say customize tires.

Sorry, my mistake. On the plus side you really do have a clean slate to pick an appropriate name for your company. I still think incorporating "tire lettering" into the name makes sense, since that is what people will gravitate to when performing a search for your product.

All the best.