PDA

View Full Version : toto is in Kansas!!!

murphybrown
05-18-2014, 03:33 PM
Yep, toto has mastered a good portion of getting through Kansas. Last night stayed in St Joseph, MO and got to checking out the Pony Express history of area...that got me deciding to travel west on 36...so my active imagination had a great time ryding my white charger on the route...amazing history...gorgeous towns...88559..even posted the pic!!!! Now I'm here to tell you that I have not found Dorothy or the red shoes..pretty sure they are blown somewhere up north...like Canada...yep, if anyone wants to know the wind still blows in Kansas..got a chuckle from hiway signs asking us to keep Kansas clean...good heavens with the wind nothing will stay in Kansas very long!!! Tonight will get out the Atlas and see what direction to go tomorrow...pretty much just whatever looks interesting that is the way I will go. :thumbup:

SpyderAnn01
05-18-2014, 03:52 PM
It sure is windy in Kansas, and Oklahoma, and Texas, and New Mexico, and Arizona and Nevada. But I'd rather have wind than rain.

Have fun and ride safe.

Chupaca
05-18-2014, 03:57 PM
Love the way you travel the sign of a true adventurer..enjoy wherever the road my take you and be safe..!! :2thumbs::ohyea::ohyea:

PrairieSpyder
05-18-2014, 04:08 PM
I cudda told you about the wind! Too bad you're on Hwy 36. The town of Wamego has a Wizard of Oz museum, and much of that town has Oz-theme businesses.

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-19-2014, 12:03 AM
I know you are LOVING TOTO, How about the trailer ..........Mike :thumbup:

murphybrown
05-19-2014, 07:08 AM
I know you are LOVING TOTO, How about the trailer ..........Mike :thumbup:

Mike & Dee (Max & Kiki, too)....the trailer is awesome...no issues other than it sure does attract dirt!!! Even with a great mudflap install by Reggy/TricLEDS....can't imagine what it would look like without...but hey lots of water around if I need to clean it off...right now I just say hmmm, dirty oh well...here we go "team". The '14 is still amazing me....over 4k and still sooooo impressed and so glad my practical side did not win out when I was debating whether to wait for the '15's...
R u guys coming to Owner's Event?
OK gotta pack up...got my route for at least the first couple hours of ryding...then it is coffee time and decide where next!!!

Hugs around...

Bob Denman
05-19-2014, 07:09 AM
Love the reports! :2thumbs:
Please keep them coming! :clap:

webweaver
05-19-2014, 07:35 AM
Wish I had known you where so close, I would have bought you lunch. The Pony Express museum and stop over are great places to visit. John and I both have similar pictures but mine is on the red '11 RT. Have a safe journey. Penny :ani29:

SteveMac
05-19-2014, 07:40 AM
Ride on Karyl. You ARE da'woman!! :bowdown:

P.s. Those posted pics are working like a champ!

sddinnh
05-19-2014, 07:47 AM
What a neet way to travel, pick a direction and go. You see so much more of the good ol USA that way. Best on your travels and keep the reports coming :clap:

Major spyder
05-19-2014, 08:25 AM
We got some of that wind here In Montana too.....

Prairie Wind
05-19-2014, 09:07 AM
Enjoying the messages, hope to see more. This year has been really windy with guts to 50 and 60 mph. This is not the norm. This morning in central Kansas we have guts to 36 mph so hang on tight today.

Craniac
05-19-2014, 10:24 AM
You have to go to Liberal KS to find Dorothy and the red slippers. At least that is where the museum is located. Maybe she is not there any more?

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-19-2014, 01:15 PM
Mike & Dee (Max & Kiki, too)....the trailer is awesome...no issues other than it sure does attract dirt!!! Even with a great mudflap install by Reggy/TricLEDS....can't imagine what it would look like without...but hey lots of water around if I need to clean it off...right now I just say hmmm, dirty oh well...here we go "team". The '14 is still amazing me....over 4k and still sooooo impressed and so glad my practical side did not win out when I was debating whether to wait for the '15's...
R u guys coming to Owner's Event?.....:yikes:.....No, it's 2000 + miles each way and we are hoping La Mont will stillbe able to have His :bbq:....Cause this may be His last one ( if He moves to Springfield Mo. ? ? ? ) :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
OK gotta pack up...got my route for at least the first couple hours of ryding...then it is coffee time and decide where next!!!

Hugs around...:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

ARtraveler
05-19-2014, 01:31 PM
Way to go. Keep those trip posts coming our way. :yes::yes:

Elembytes
05-19-2014, 02:10 PM
If you are in Kansas, WELCOME! Home of a lot of neat things--good food-BBQ- etc., You should go to Hutchinson and tour the underground Salt Mueseum--totally worth the trip. 650 below the earths surface and is still a salt mine in buiness too-just not where you will tour. Then while there go check out the Kansas Cosmosphere and Planetarium! You will enjoy your ryde west on 36----you'll like the Flint Hills and the differnce in contours of the land from Eastern KS to Western.

Continued good luck and happy and safe travels!

;)

Yep, toto has mastered a good portion of getting through Kansas. Last night stayed in St Joseph, MO and got to checking out the Pony Express history of area...that got me deciding to travel west on 36...so my active imagination had a great time ryding my white charger on the route...amazing history...gorgeous towns...88559..even posted the pic!!!! Now I'm here to tell you that I have not found Dorothy or the red shoes..pretty sure they are blown somewhere up north...like Canada...yep, if anyone wants to know the wind still blows in Kansas..got a chuckle from hiway signs asking us to keep Kansas clean...good heavens with the wind nothing will stay in Kansas very long!!! Tonight will get out the Atlas and see what direction to go tomorrow...pretty much just whatever looks interesting that is the way I will go. :thumbup: