PDA

View Full Version : New Blade Wheels - Caution

Barbwire
05-18-2014, 09:25 AM
Fencepost bought me the new Blade Wheels for my 2010 RT at Spyderfest. I needed new tires so we bought the tires and left the new wheels to be mounted and balanced with one of our local dealers. A few hours later we got a call saying they had scratched one of my new wheels during the balancing process. The blades stick out further than a normal rim and it hung up and came off their machine.... long story short they are replacing the wheel and they were very sorry. Not sure if this is an ongoing problem but just use caution if having something done. I love the look of these wheels! Happy early Birthday to me!!!

Bob Denman
05-18-2014, 10:06 AM
They DO look nice! :D :2thumbs:
And the Caliper Covers are also a very nice touch! :clap:

Chupaca
05-18-2014, 12:06 PM
although just a delay it's good to know. Many service writers don't know the process so a warning can help avoid this from happening...thanks...:thumbup:

bruiser
05-18-2014, 02:42 PM
I do believe those blades are removable. NOTE: If a blade gets broken you'll have to buy a whole new wheel.

jcthorne
05-22-2014, 07:21 AM
I do believe those blades are removable. NOTE: If a blade gets broken you'll have to buy a whole new wheel.

You have to buy a pair. They are only sold in pairs and they are left and right hand.

fencepost
05-22-2014, 08:47 AM
The dealer, Mountain Motorsports, has ordered a set of wheels and will replace both if I want. They are also checking to see if BRP will sale just the blades. This is a good dealer to do business they will take responsibility for any damage caused by them.

sddinnh
05-22-2014, 08:49 AM
That is a good dealer !!!!