PDA

View Full Version : Custom Engraving

Bob Denman
05-18-2014, 08:30 AM
If you're going to have your favorite firearm engraved; it might as well be something meaningful... :thumbup:

PrairieSpyder
05-18-2014, 08:48 AM
I can just see the scene: Homeowner and perp standing face-to-face with gun pointed at perp. Perp is surprised, then distracted when he sees that something is engraved on the end of the barrel. He leans in, squints trying to read it. Homeowner's wife hits perp over the head and calls the cops! ;)

Dan McNally
05-18-2014, 09:02 AM
If the :cus: needs to see it in writing, while staring down the barrel of a gun, in order to realize he is in the wrong house, chances are, he's too stupid to read! :roflblack:

wyliec
05-18-2014, 09:04 AM
If you're going to have your favorite firearm engraved; it might as well be something meaningful... :thumbup:
I'd put that right up there with vanity plates.

Bob Denman
05-18-2014, 10:18 AM
I like them too... :2thumbs:

Chupaca
05-18-2014, 12:02 PM
not enough space for those "if you can read this..." quotes....:roflblack:

Cruzr Joe
05-18-2014, 01:31 PM
I would just engrave

BYE BYE

Cruzr Joe

Dan_Ashley
05-18-2014, 01:59 PM
I would just engrave

BYE BYE

Cruzr Joe
NO NO NO NO
That shows intent. You don't want to show legal pre-meditated intent when defending your life. You just want the life threatening attacker to stop threatening your life. So I think it would be better to say, "Bite Me"

Bob Denman
05-18-2014, 05:28 PM
Gee... :shocked:
I sort of thought that "Go To Hell"; might be appropriate... :D

Cruzr Joe
05-18-2014, 05:37 PM
Gee... :shocked:
I sort of thought that "Go To Hell"; might be appropriate... :D

Only if you say it nicely.

Cruzr Joe

Bob Denman
05-18-2014, 05:43 PM
:D Get Thee; Straight Into Perdition's Flames?

ValCruzSpyder
05-18-2014, 05:47 PM
And those choices will be... OPEN or CLOSED Casket. Do the math!!!!! No intent...just simple truth! :thumbup:

Dan_Ashley
05-18-2014, 06:27 PM
And those choices will be... OPEN or CLOSED Casket. Do the math!!!!! No intent...just simple truth! :thumbup:
Intent is OK...just don't let anyone know.

ARtraveler
05-18-2014, 06:39 PM
Saw a Dateline NBC program yesterday. Man shot and killed two teenage intruders in his house. Intent, put him in jail for the rest of his life. Very sobering and scary. Happened in Little Falls, Minnesota.

jwulf74
05-18-2014, 10:00 PM
Yeah, I saw that Minnesota one. According to Castle law, he was fully within his rights, but, he did take it too far morally as once they were down he needed to stop. Minnesota does not have strong Castle law. In a state with strong Castle law he would have walked no matter his intent.

Dan_Ashley
05-18-2014, 10:04 PM
Yeah, I saw that Minnesota one. According to Castle law, he was fully within his rights, but, he did take it too far morally as once they were down he needed to stop. Minnesota does not have strong Castle law. In a state with strong Castle law he would have walked no matter his intent.don't bet on it...intent to kill is a very serious legal issue.

Bob Denman
05-19-2014, 06:53 AM
"Intent to Kill", is very different from, "Intent to end a dangerous situation"...
But the situational dynamics are always changing... :shocked:
Let's say that you put down an intruder in your home.
He's wounded and seems to submit to your newfound authority.
You relax, and take a deep breath
...And he changes his mind... :yikes:

Once the imminent threat to life has ceased; as a private citizen... you're supposed to stop shooting...
The trick is in knowing when it's safe to do so.
Personally; I'd rather err on the side of my personal safety, and let legal issues fall where they may... But that's just me!

ARtraveler
05-19-2014, 01:20 PM
The person in question did the following after previous break in's:

:ani29:: Parked his car blocks away to appear he was not home.

:ani29:: Had a recorder going to make a record. Several statements made by him took him down.

:ani29:: He lay in wait for the intruders.

:ani29:: Shot the male teenager and killed him.

:ani29:: Shot the female teenager and when he determined she was not yet dead, issued a final coupe de grais.

:ani29:: Did not call authorities for over 24 hours.

Everyone said he was a nice person just defending his home space, but the above did him in.

Bob Denman
05-19-2014, 01:23 PM
:lecturef_smilie: You just can't set traps like that for the scumbags... No matter HOW much they deserve it! :gaah:

cptjam
05-19-2014, 01:38 PM
There is a famous one that says "wait for the flash" on the end!

mowin
05-19-2014, 05:09 PM
Im gonna need a bigger barrel. There too much I want to put on the end of it. I'd tell you what it is, but id be banned for lifenojoke:roflblack:...

Bob Denman
05-19-2014, 05:18 PM
You don't really need to put all that much out there for the :cus: to read; they're gonna run out of time anyway! :shocked:

mowin
05-19-2014, 05:25 PM
You don't really need to put all that much out there for the :cus: to read; they're gonna run out of time anyway! :shocked:

Ya but seeing there expression change as they continue to read would be great.

Bob Denman
05-19-2014, 05:29 PM
But most of them can't read anyway!! :D :roflblack:
But you're right; the ones that can, make it all worthwhile! :thumbup: