PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from New England area's riding to Americade?

rworell
05-18-2014, 07:39 AM
I'm heading over from Southern Maine at some point. I'm only 4ish hours away and not concerned about getting a room, I'm sure I can find something somewhere, even in Vermont. But I will be bringing supplies to camp if need be as well. But really just curious if any fellow spyder friends will be heading over as well? Would be cool to hook up and ride in or to just meet up somewhere as well and do our own ride thru the NY mountains while there.

rich

Deanna777
05-18-2014, 08:52 PM
I'm heading over from Southern Maine at some point. I'm only 4ish hours away and not concerned about getting a room, I'm sure I can find something somewhere, even in Vermont. But I will be bringing supplies to camp if need be as well. But really just curious if any fellow spyder friends will be heading over as well? Would be cool to hook up and ride in or to just meet up somewhere as well and do our own ride thru the NY mountains while there.

richsent pm Deanna777

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-18-2014, 11:34 PM

rich

I live about 1/2 way ( from You ) and on the route you will take to get there. For the past few years the local Spyder owners have gotten together on specific days and done their own thing.........It hasn't been announced yet......PM ..Artunfun......( aka Randy ).......................Mike :thumbup:

mastertek2000
05-19-2014, 04:52 AM
when is it ??

sddinnh
05-19-2014, 05:13 AM
June 2nd thru the 7th at Lake George NY

mastertek2000
05-19-2014, 05:46 AM
what no weekend

Vidman
05-19-2014, 06:41 AM
I am planning one day to have an Ultimate Seat installed. Not sure day which yet. Weather has ALWAYS been an Americade problem.

Coming from CT.

sddinnh
05-19-2014, 07:05 AM
what no weekend

They only list events Monday thru Saturday. I guess they figure Sunday is a travel day :dontknow:

mastertek2000
05-19-2014, 07:11 AM
just talked with the Wife we may go up Friday night grab hotel and check it out Saturday

bigsmoke
05-19-2014, 08:50 AM
just talked with the Wife we may go up Friday night grab hotel and check it out Saturday

I hate crowds, this event attracts thousands of bikers, it's a maybe for me, but will be going to Laconia NH the following week for 3 days.

Deanna777
05-19-2014, 10:27 AM
I hate crowds, this event attracts thousands of bikers, it's a maybe for me, but will be going to Laconia NH the following week for 3 days.I have gone to Americade in the past years usually their is 75,000 motorcycles. Deanna777

Bob Denman
05-19-2014, 10:45 AM
I hate crowds, this event attracts thousands of bikers, it's a maybe for me, but will be going to Laconia NH the following week for 3 days.

If you hate crowds; don't waste your time... :shocked:
But it sure is something to see! :D :2thumbs:

I wonder if the TourExpo will be open on the Saturday before the Convention starts again?? :dontknow:

sddinnh
05-19-2014, 11:03 AM

I haven't done Laconia for years, but that's a pretty crowded event also. :dontknow:

I'm doing Americade this year because a buddy of mine is coming up from NJ until Tuesday of that week and I want to spend a day with him on Monday. Then another buddy of mine from Vermont has a meeting with Fred Rau on Thursday and has 2 daughters, so I promised him I'd "backseat" one of his daughters up there so they could both go for a couple of days. So I get to do a lot of traveling back and forth this year. But I don't mind, the Adirondacks are pleasant to ride in :2thumbs:

sddinnh
05-19-2014, 11:06 AM
I wonder if the TourExpo will be open on the Saturday before the Convention starts again?? :dontknow:

Tour Expo = Tuesday June 3rd - Friday June 6th 9am - 6pm & Saturday June 7th 9am-5pm

EnjoyingTheRyde
05-19-2014, 11:55 AM
But we're headed for the Catskills instead. Have Fun!

Vidman
05-19-2014, 04:46 PM
Americade is an awesome rally. You can even bring the kids. Language is tame for the most part and none of the shenanigans of Daytona, Sturgis etc. It was originally a Goldwing event many years ago.

Negative part of Americade.......Always the rain. LOL

Enjoy!!!

arntufun
05-19-2014, 05:09 PM

Bob Denman
05-19-2014, 05:25 PM
So are you going to go defend that honor this year?? :dontknow: :D

Deanna777
05-19-2014, 06:22 PM
Americade is an awesome rally. You can even bring the kids. Language is tame for the most part and none of the shenanigans of Daytona, Sturgis etc. It was originally a Goldwing event many years ago.

Negative part of Americade.......Always the rain. LOL

Enjoy!!!:agree: I use to go to Americade( 8 years ago) yes, it an Awesome Rally. Don't forget the rain Gear, you never know. Deanna777

fyrertuck
05-19-2014, 06:27 PM
going up saturday morning.

non stop for 21 years and yes rain gear. Love going to A&W for lunch

Vidman
05-20-2014, 11:37 AM
Ultimate made me a deal shipped so no need to go. However May go for the ride. Now I don't have to worry about a rain day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk