PDA

View Full Version : Back In The Saddle, Again

gnirtsnod
05-17-2014, 09:41 PM
Well, I rode my Spyder today for the first time since mid-January and I'm excited. The long saga is over. In the last 17 weeks I stripped the roadster down, sent the pieces to be chromed, waited 2 1/2 months longer than expected to get the pieces back, and finally, spent two evenings and all day today refitting the pieces to get it back to road ready. In the mean time, I had outfitted the Spyder with J. T.'s breather, added a Flash to Pass module, and did an assortment of small things to prepare for my re-entry to the riding masses.

I could not have done this without the tireless efforts of my son-in-law and the availability of my south Georgia friend, Doc Riverside, who answered the many questions that I had along the way.

88488 Before 88489 After

See you out on the road after I figure out what to do with all of the extra screws, washers, and other assorted fasteners! ...Don

Chupaca
05-18-2014, 02:27 AM
remember the chroming saga hope you didn't miss out on too many good ryding days. The ryde looks sharp and ready to go. Congrats...:2thumbs:

Tango
05-18-2014, 08:53 AM
Looks great. happy riding. :thumbup: Tom :trike:

Bob Denman
05-18-2014, 10:04 AM
:congrats: It's looking like a real Beauty!! :2thumbs: :firstplace:
And while the wait stank :shocked:; it'll prove to have been worth it!