PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum

MNBenny
05-17-2014, 07:09 PM
Hi everyone?

Hows everyone weekend going for them....sitting watching the twins game, and watching a very beautiful evening outside. I just joined up here because I am wanting to buy a used Spyder. The year I'm looking at is 2009. My other question is what has everyone's experience been with this machine? I have to admit it really does look most groovy looking. I'm looking at one that's a phantom black color.

take care,

MNBenny

Silvervette05
05-17-2014, 07:19 PM
Welcome, my first Spyder was an 08gs , I had it about 2 yrs and put about 6000 miles on it then I traded it
(no problems) for a 2012 RT S with about 3100 miles on it. I can say you will enjoy the Spyder and probably
Go on to newer and bigger Spyders :thumbup:

MNBenny
05-17-2014, 07:30 PM
Thnak you Silverette05,

are all the spyder pretty much they same or are they different? i got a chance to sit on one and start it up, and this perticular spyder had a two borthers muffler on it. Have to say it sounds nice. The color was phantom black limited edition.

PrairieSpyder
05-17-2014, 07:40 PM
:welcome:

MNBenny
05-17-2014, 07:46 PM
Hi PrairieSpyder.....Thank you..boy that's a nice looking machine you have there!

murphybrown
05-17-2014, 08:20 PM
Glad you found Spyderlovers....the best folks here....glad you joined us....happy shopping....you will find the :spyder2: that is perfect for you....:thumbup:

Silvervette05
05-17-2014, 08:31 PM
Thnak you Silverette05,

are all the spyder pretty much they same or are they different? i got a chance to sit on one and start it up, and this perticular spyder had a two borthers muffler on it. Have to say it sounds nice. The color was phantom black limited edition.
There are different models, you have the RS and the Touring touring is a Cadillac where the RS is a Camaro
Both have manual trans or a semi auto trans both are a wonder of engineering b and of fun , I hope I have
Given you info that is useful for you. Good luck. :thumbup:

Purple Guy
05-17-2014, 11:49 PM
:welcome:

NZSpyderRyder
05-17-2014, 11:50 PM
Welcome.....a great place to be.

Chupaca
05-18-2014, 01:15 AM
The fist models made were the GS's which later became the RS's. These are the base models and I think the greatest machines. They later came out with the RT's which are touring models with all the side bags and trunk etc. In 2013 they introduced the ST which you can call a mix of both. As for the 09 you are looking at they are good machines. You just need to have the vin# checked at a dealer to see if all the updates have been made. Hope you get a good deal and get out there. Your going to love it...:thumbup::ohyea:

03hdjill
05-18-2014, 06:42 AM
Welcome ....... I hope you find what you are looking for and that you will enjoy your Spyder as much as we do.

MNBenny
05-18-2014, 07:57 AM
Boy what a morning it is...The sun is out, and I do think its fixing to be another fine day. Thank you 03hdjhill...I sure hope so! Thank you chupaca for the info. and the welcome. Thank you NZspyderryder for the welcome, it looks like this will be a nice place to hang out. Thank you Silverette05 for the information...

Let me share a link to the dealer who has this spyder.....

http://showroom.auction123.com/luther_honda_stcloud/inventory/9038/2009/2BXJALA179V000324.html

Also, I should mention I tried to talk to Wells Fargo but they said no to me.

Paula(Butch2025)
05-19-2014, 07:15 AM
Hi everyone?

Hows everyone weekend going for them....sitting watching the twins game, and watching a very beautiful evening outside. I just joined up here because I am wanting to buy a used Spyder. The year I'm looking at is 2009. My other question is what has everyone's experience been with this machine? I have to admit it really does look most groovy looking. I'm looking at one that's a phantom black color.

take care,

MNBenny

Welcome to the group! My husband had an '08 GS with 51,000+ miles on it and just needed to change his riding postion so he bought an STs, I have a '12 RS with 21,000+ miles. We love our spyders and I would encourage to go ahead and purchase one the '09s have a really good reputation a friend of our had one that he rode very hard (3 engines worth) took to the BIR drag strip every summer and even went out to the salt flats...it was very reliable for him.
When you get your spyder check out our ride dates posted here on the Minnesota forum and join us up at Caswell Cycle in Mora, MN for our monthly rides, we would love to have you join us.

MNBenny
05-19-2014, 09:46 AM
Thank you everyone for your time,

Well I think I may have hit a brick wall without anywhere to turn. I have visited with all the banks to see if I can get a loan, and with my crappy 520 credit score or worse I just don't see it happening. To make things worse I'm just a puny bus driver! :(

take care Everyone & Happy riding! :(

MNBenny