PDA

View Full Version : How do I find out about my warranty?

Brogers57
05-17-2014, 06:01 PM
I cannot remember the June 2013 promotion when I bought the bike. I've looked through my paperwork and I cannot find anything... Can it be checked online?

SpyderAnn01
05-17-2014, 06:04 PM
Your dealer could get the info based on your VIN. You should have gotten a card in the mail a month or two after your purchase. Actually the card comes with a letter that gives an explanation of BEST coverage.

Did you look in your Spyder? I carry my card there since it has the phone # to call for towing.

Brogers57
05-17-2014, 06:06 PM
Great thanks. I didn't buy anything extra.. I will have to find a dealer and give them a call tomorrow and see what I have. Any dealer should be able to tell me correct?

SpyderAnn01
05-17-2014, 11:31 PM
Great thanks. I didn't buy anything extra.. I will have to find a dealer and give them a call tomorrow and see what I have. Any dealer should be able to tell me correct?

Yes, just give them your VIN and they can look it up. You may have received a 2 or 3 year extended warranty as part of a promotion, BRP does that from time to time. If you do not have the extended warranty you are eligible to buy one as long as you are still under the original 2 year factory warranty.

NZSpyderRyder
05-18-2014, 01:18 AM
5 months, 7 emails, 4 phone calls and counting :pray:

Chupaca
05-18-2014, 01:40 AM
they are notorious for not letting you know. They are good at registering it so check with your/any dealer with your vin#. If you don't have it you can get it if your manufacturer warranty has not expired...:thumbup:

Jeriatric
05-18-2014, 01:41 AM
5 months, 7 emails, 4 phone calls and counting :pray:

5 months....what's the rush?

7 emails.....who said snail mail is slow?

4 phone calls....very long distance phone calls too.

:joke: :doorag:

Spyder4Tess
05-18-2014, 08:33 AM
When i bought my wife her used Spyder from a private seller,he said there was no extended warranty but there was 4 months left on the factory warranty.
So we went to the dealer to transfer the factory warranty and found out the PO did in fact purchased the B.E.S.T. warranty good til 2016.
After a few weeks the new transfered warranty cards were mailed.

jimcrom
05-18-2014, 05:12 PM
Wasn't that a great day?

When i bought my wife her used Spyder from a private seller,he said there was no extended warranty but there was 4 months left on the factory warranty.
So we went to the dealer to transfer the factory warranty and found out the PO did in fact purchased the B.E.S.T. warranty good til 2016.
After a few weeks the new transfered warranty cards were mailed.

Spyder4Tess
05-18-2014, 07:27 PM
Wasn't that a great day?
Sure was!