PDA

View Full Version : First 2014 in Showroom

den1953
05-17-2014, 07:24 AM
My local dealer finally has a 2014 RT-S sitting on his showroom floor. It's a Timeless Black which surprisingly has metalflake in the paint and looks good. I'm still leaning towards either the Cognac or the Circuit Yellow though. I might see if I can demo this one just to get a taste of what the new 1330 ACE and six speed are like. I still have to pay off my Victory yet before I can make a move.

SpyderAnn01
05-17-2014, 08:02 AM
What took them so long to get one?

Tango
05-17-2014, 08:05 AM
What took them so long to get one?

I agree. Where have they been? :dontknow: Tom :trike:

Chupaca
05-17-2014, 08:05 AM
that seems to be one dealer with little clout or interest...you test it you'll love it..!! :thumbup:

PrairieSpyder
05-17-2014, 08:15 AM
The YELLO ones are faster!nojoke

Frank G
05-17-2014, 08:45 AM
that seems to be one dealer with little clout or interest...you test it you'll love it..!! :thumbup:

Back Off, you know not what you are saying, that dealer is a good one, Great service department.

den1953
05-17-2014, 09:16 AM
He's had 2014 RTs on his website for at least a couple months or so. He's had a couple of 2013s on the floor all winter. He's a multi-brand dealership and doen't have much floor space for each thing considering there are motorcycles, dirt bikes, quads, watercraft etc. occupying the floor. He's been good service-wise on the three motorycles that I have bought from him and have no reason to believe he'd be any less good on his other products he sells. The dealership is American Powersports in Findlay Ohio, right next to I-75 (County Rd. 99 exit).

den1953
05-17-2014, 09:20 AM
I grew up in Risingsun, not far from Pemberville. Thanks for speaking up for American Powersports, they're a good dealership at least in my book anyhow.

Frank G
05-17-2014, 10:03 AM
I grew up in Risingsun, not far from Pemberville. Thanks for speaking up for American Powersports, they're a good dealership at least in my book anyhow.

They do my service work, and a lot of others from the Ohio Spyder Ryders group. Most if not all the dealers in Ohio get good marks. I ride allot with The Ohio Spyder Ryders and have many conversations about service work with owners from all over the state. Yep, occasionally something falls through the crack, but when it is all said and done they attempt to make it right.

BTW, about 14 months ago on a Saturday afternoon they offered to retrieve my spyder if I could not get it back in Limp Home Mode. About 50 miles away and at no charge. This was after a lengthily phone call with the service manager to try and clear the codes. It turned out to be a bad wheel sensor.

Someday we will meet each other.

Happy riding

KX5062
05-17-2014, 10:32 AM
I might see if I can demo this one just to get a taste of what the new 1330 ACE and six speed are like. I still have to pay off my Victory yet before I can make a move.

Don't do it unless you are ready to buy. ;)

That's what happened to me, more or less, and I now have a 2014 ahead of my personal schedule. :opps:

cognaccruiser
05-17-2014, 10:42 AM
My local dealer finally has a 2014 RT-S sitting on his showroom floor. It's a Timeless Black which surprisingly has metalflake in the paint and looks good. I'm still leaning towards either the Cognac or the Circuit Yellow though. I might see if I can demo this one just to get a taste of what the new 1330 ACE and six speed are like. I still have to pay off my Victory yet before I can make a move.

As absolutely beautiful as black is, especially with metalflake in it, when it is clean, it only stays clean for about 5 minutes. After having a black sports car and a Midnight (black) Venture, I just couldn't do it again.

Hope you get a test ryde.

Gary

Bob Denman
05-17-2014, 02:19 PM
:lecturef_smilie: Be careful... :lecturef_smilie:
You fire that baby up, and grab a gear; you're gonna be hooked for sure! :shocked:

den1953
05-17-2014, 03:50 PM
I still have to give that new motor a try sooner or later!! My curiousity is going to win out whether or not if my impulsive side takes over. Trying to keep all loan payments within a manageable limit as I am on a pension, so that will definitely cause me to wait until my Victory is paid-off. The 2015 models will be out before that can happen.

ARtraveler
05-17-2014, 03:56 PM
Mine was shipped 4/9/14 from Valcourt. I drove it away from the dealer on 4/28/14.

spyder-dude
05-18-2014, 08:00 AM
Don't do it unless you are ready to buy. ;)

That's what happened to me, more or less, and I now have a 2014 ahead of my personal schedule. :opps:

I agree 100% :thumbup:

stillriding
05-18-2014, 08:16 AM
I still have to give that new motor a try sooner or later!! My curiousity is going to win out whether or not if my impulsive side takes over. Trying to keep all loan payments within a manageable limit as I am on a pension, so that will definitely cause me to wait until my Victory is paid-off. The 2015 models will be out before that can happen.
​Do you intend to keep your Victory if/when you get a new Spyder? If not, maybe you should inquire about trading it in. Maybe you'd get a fairly good deal.

den1953
05-18-2014, 06:50 PM
He sold me the Victory new back in 2012. I traded in a Triumph Rocket III Touring for it after having warranty troubles with Triumph and another dealer. I think he'll treat me ok, just really have to get the Victory paid-off before I can take another plunge financially. I am also paying on a 2012 Ford F150, so I'm limited on how much I can pay per month. My home & everything else is paid for but I am on a fixed income.