PDA

View Full Version : a post was pulled

cuznjohn
05-16-2014, 10:30 PM
ok i came on ant the gentleman that posted about the new side panels being done for other bikes but not the rt wrote back and asked for me to back off of him because he was only relaying a message from BRP. not the exact words he used but it says apox what he said. i did say i was sorry if he felt hat i was jumping on him because i didn't mean to do that and i was talking about BRP. so i left the site and went on to facebook to bother everyone else i know, but the thought of him asking me to back off bothered me and i came back to read exactly what i said to make sure i didn't say something personal to upset him and if i did i would of said i was sorry again.

but now the post has been pulled by someone, i am guessing the BOSS. so if the gentleman reads this i really hope i didn't offend you in any way, all that i said was directed at BRP and the way they handled my heat problem and the money and time i spent on my 13 rt only to have to sell the bike because nothing helped my problem. so now i said sorry again but i really wish i could of read my posts on the matter just to make sure i didn't pick pn him in particular.

Mexican
05-16-2014, 10:55 PM
ok i came on ant the gentleman that posted about the new side panels being done for other bikes but not the rt wrote back and asked for me to back off of him because he was only relaying a message from BRP. not the exact words he used but it says apox what he said. i did say i was sorry if he felt hat i was jumping on him because i didn't mean to do that and i was talking about BRP. so i left the site and went on to facebook to bother everyone else i know, but the thought of him asking me to back off bothered me and i came back to read exactly what i said to make sure i didn't say something personal to upset him and if i did i would of said i was sorry again.

but now the post has been pulled by someone, i am guessing the BOSS. so if the gentleman reads this i really hope i didn't offend you in any way, all that i said was directed at BRP and the way they handled my heat problem and the money and time i spent on my 13 rt only to have to sell the bike because nothing helped my problem. so now i said sorry again but i really wish i could of read my posts on the matter just to make sure i didn't pick pn him in particular.
I wouldn't worry much about it, some people is way too sensitive:D

NZSpyderRyder
05-17-2014, 03:55 AM
I wasn't surprised the thread had been removed, but I don't think what you wrote was targeted at the original poster.
I don't think the information should have been given out in that manner in the first place, we have a BRP representative on here, it would have been better coming from him. Just sayin.

cuznjohn
05-17-2014, 04:44 AM
i agree, why would i attack the so called messenger and not the company, i was positive i didn't bad mouth him

SNOOPY
05-17-2014, 06:22 AM
i agree, why would i attack the so called messenger and not the company, i was positive i didn't bad mouth him

That him you refer to is a she. :thumbup:

I just made a thread before I saw this. :(

ARCTIC
05-17-2014, 06:48 AM
That him you refer to is a she. :thumbup:

I just made a thread before I saw this. :(

I too apologize if I offended her. She might have made the biggest step yet for getting a little relief from the heat issues. Thanks Jaque & Sorry for any wrong on my part :clap:

cuznjohn
05-17-2014, 06:51 AM
wow snoopy now i even feel worse, i didn't know what i thought was a he was really a she. now i am really wondering what i posted for her to say back off.

oldguyinTX
05-17-2014, 07:41 AM
I too am sorry if I offended her. My rants were not directed to the messenger, rather they were directed to BRP. Also, I agree that Steve from BRPcare should have been the one to post the information, as he is a member of this site. For BRP to call a member of this forum and ask her to relay information to other members is just plain wrong. Once again, BRP has shown us that they do not have the guts to do things the right way. To tell the truth, I would be very surprised if there is any sort of fix at all. You can bet that BRP was watching that thread very closely to gauge the reaction to it. My guess is that they did not like what they saw.

Chupaca
05-17-2014, 08:13 AM
I do believe you can still read your post when you go to your profile and look up recent posts. If they removed the thread your post is still there. :dontknow:

cuznjohn
05-17-2014, 08:19 AM
I do believe you can still read your post when you go to your profile and look up recent posts. If they removed the thread your post is still there. :dontknow:

i did that and my posts are gone from there also

SpyderAnn01
05-17-2014, 08:24 AM
I too am sorry if I offended her. My rants were not directed to the messenger, rather they were directed to BRP. Also, I agree that Steve from BRPcare should have been the one to post the information, as he is a member of this site. For BRP to call a member of this forum and ask her to relay information to other members is just plain wrong. Once again, BRP has shown us that they do not have the guts to do things the right way. To tell the truth, I would be very surprised if there is any sort of fix at all. You can bet that BRP was watching that thread very closely to gauge the reaction to it. My guess is that they did not like what they saw.

Just my opinion but I really doubt that that is how it went down. I think it is more likely that when she got the info from BRP she asked if she could pass it on or if it was confidential.

cuznjohn
05-17-2014, 08:31 AM
what i think and i said this in another posting by snoopy, it was a way for BRP to see if they can charge the people with heat problems to fix their own bikes like i tried to do, at the owners expense and not theirs

SteveMac
05-17-2014, 08:46 AM
Just my opinion but I really doubt that that is how it went down. I think it is more likely that when she got the info from BRP she asked if she could pass it on or if it was confidential.

Hate to disagree Ann. But her post specifically said, "BRP Care asked me to pass this information on to you..." Maybe not the exact words, but nearly so. And this was what prompted me to ask the question as to why they would handle it that way. The official spokesperson for BRP here would have been the correct way to handle that. Now, obviously we weren't there, and BRP may not have told her that, but her post definitely indicated that BRP asked her to pass the info along.

BRP has a LOT to learn about communication channels. Maybe someday, maybe. :dontknow:

Bob Denman
05-17-2014, 02:32 PM
Why not just drop her a PM and apologize? :dontknow:
Some folks jumped on her kind of hard for reporting what (I'm sure), she felt would be good news...
As I said; PM her... it couldj't hurt! :thumbup:

Copperman
05-17-2014, 02:59 PM
but also said they'd be available by the end of the month. I wonder where she got hers? She needs to post a picture of them installed. Remember, no pic, didn't happen!

JkRbbt
05-17-2014, 03:25 PM
Is this the internet version of BRP's "blue curtain"? :dontknow: :rolleyes:

DJFaninTN
05-17-2014, 03:38 PM
Is this the internet version of BRP's "blue curtain"? :dontknow: :rolleyes:

http://media.nscdn.com/uploads/cache/images/1249365905-787378-480x360-i-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

Jeriatric
05-17-2014, 03:48 PM
and was only trying to be helpful and informative. As any of us would hoped to have been under similar circumstances.

That said. I watched who was viewing the post and know for a fact BRPcare was staying current with what was being said. BRPcare...not a specific person. That tells me someone at BRP was aware of the post and the comments that followed. It seems a decision was made at some level, to NOT straighten out what had obviously become a mess.

Why? :dontknow:

I care not to speculate.

ARtraveler
05-17-2014, 04:02 PM
Probably a good point to pull the post. It did go a bit south once all was said and done.

IMO: "Official" information should be made by "official" spokespersons.

SpyderAnn01
05-17-2014, 04:31 PM
but also said they'd be available by the end of the month. I wonder where she got hers? She needs to post a picture of them installed. Remember, no pic, didn't happen!

There are a few ST owners who have already received the panels, or as in one case, half of the panels.

SNOOPY
05-17-2014, 04:33 PM

You can buy the parts right now from any dealer, I bought all the pieces for around $700 delivered and installed myself. I have a thread on it you can look up. She was about to order from the same place I did, but confidences BRP and her dealer to step in.

My local dealer wanted $1100 for the parts, so do your research. $700 delivered was a decent price, if BRP is going to step up to the plate on this it should be cheaper yet!

cuznjohn
05-17-2014, 05:19 PM
You can buy the parts right now from any dealer, I bought all the pieces for around $700 delivered and installed myself. I have a thread on it you can look up. She was about to order from the same place I did, but confidences BRP and her dealer to step in.

My local dealer wanted $1100 for the parts, so do your research. $700 delivered was a decent price, if BRP is going to step up to the plate on this it should be cheaper yet!

snoop did you do your change because of heat or looks, i have not read many posts of other bikes having real bad heat other than the rt ones.

now today i was talking to someone that deals with BRP and they told me that BRP is very difficult to deal with. they want it their way or no way at all. when i told them that the post said they were going to discount the parts for owners that wanted to change them they laughed.

i am not really sure who wrote it on here that they talked to a person from BRP and said that BRP was going to try something new to try to fix the heat problems, and than that post showed up and left after all the comments. as you know i put a ton of money into my bike to try to fix it, now i hope the new owner is more tolerant of the heat than i was. but i don't think the the owners of bikes that are hot should have to change panels at their expense for a design floor in the bike. a lot of us had made changes to our bikes either to our liking's or because we wanted to ride our bikes with out smelling boiling gas or having our legs or feet burnt due to heat.

i have to admit that they got the best of me, not only did i write e mails than talk on phone calls and get really mad and spend tons of money to fix something that will most likely never be able to fix, and than order a new bike from them only hoping it will be better than the other one. i am still angry trying to put my tail between my legs ( pun intended ) and giving them more business so they can say lol we beat another sucker. i am going to stop now because if i keep going i could full a few pages about how i feel, so pal did you do it for looks or did you have a problem

Bob Denman
05-17-2014, 05:35 PM
:shocked: Have we jumped the shark yet? http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/26/26_11_10.gif