Jeriatric
05-16-2014, 03:51 PM
Palm Springs, CA33.84°N, 116.54°W at 502ft108.3°4.2mph at 180°S
Updated 12m 30s ago

:doorag:

Update

ARtraveler
05-16-2014, 04:14 PM
That is getting pretty warm. Hope we are not in for unseasonably hot and dry summer--but it's kind of looking that way.

Jeriatric
05-16-2014, 04:25 PM
That is getting pretty warm. Hope we are not in for unseasonably hot and dry summer--but it's kind of looking that way.

Really feel for the folks down San Diego way. Talk about an early fire season. Seasonal fire fighters generally aren't called in until June or July. May not be the case this year?

under normal conditions

Jim&Teresa
05-16-2014, 05:47 PM
Hope you are OK with all the fires I see on TV in regard to southern Cal. :thumbup:

I wish you could send some of that heat this way -- we were exactly HALF of your temp for a HIGH today in Minnesota -- that's right 55 stinkin degrees overcast with threat of rain....ugh. :wrong:

We have been consistently running 15 degrees below normal or greater. :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

Normal for us is 70 degrees this time of year. We hit 70 only 3 times this year so far and it's already mid-May -- I just gotta move outta this state!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Bob Denman
05-16-2014, 05:59 PM
:shocked: That's just too hot! :shocked:
Seriously Too hot!

ARtraveler
05-16-2014, 06:01 PM
Hope you are OK with all the fires I see on TV in regard to southern Cal. :thumbup:

I wish you could send some of that heat this way -- we were exactly HALF of your temp for a HIGH today in Minnesota -- that's right 55 stinkin degrees overcast with threat of rain....ugh. :wrong:

We have been consistently running 15 degrees below normal or greater. :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

Normal for us is 70 degrees this time of year. We hit 70 only 3 times this year so far and it's already mid-May -- I just gotta move outta this state!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Three plus weeks of high 60's and low 70's with sunshine. Unseasonably warm for us here--but I am not complaining. Want some real estate listings? :roflblack:

Jeriatric
05-16-2014, 06:03 PM

Fingers are crossed for you folks. You've been through a tuff winter and deserve a break. nojoke

Fortunately, where we live and since sand doesn't burn we are in good shape. :roflblack: Other than private landscaping, sand is the predominant ground cover here.

Bob Denman
05-16-2014, 06:05 PM
If you happen to see it starting to melt into glass... RUN!! :yikes:

jwulf74
05-16-2014, 08:27 PM

Meanwhile in SD we set record lows yesterday...

Chupaca
05-16-2014, 09:14 PM
we had 101 here in Mt. Helix/Rancho San Diego/El Cajon today. Problem being working in the dry dirt the heat is 135* and you only have till the sun rises to get things done. The driveway gets to 170* so when you turn the wheels on the car it wrinkles the asphalt...humidity is like 2...if our coastline wasn't a blaze we could head there to cool off....

Jeriatric
05-17-2014, 06:48 PM
High of 111 ​today