PDA

View Full Version : Just thought you should know

sabunim5
05-16-2014, 03:11 PM
This is not an endorsement of this particular helmet. Review the information about what part of a helmet receives the most impacts in motorcycle accidents. Then make your own personal decision about whether it is too hot to wear a full face helmet is the summer. nojoke :thumbup:
http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-helmets/icon-airframe-statistic/

ARtraveler
05-16-2014, 03:12 PM
Good information. Thanks for posting it. :yes:

Tango
05-16-2014, 04:00 PM
Thanks for the link. :thumbup: Tom :trike:

Bob Denman
05-16-2014, 05:10 PM
BajaRon posted this one a couple of years' ago... 88437
They appear to match up pretty darn close...
884388843988440 And it certainly does point to the importance of the chinbar! :thumbup:

Jeriatric
05-16-2014, 05:16 PM
It has long been my experience that a full face with the shield closed is actually far more comfortable in very hot weather than an open face helmet.

Bob Denman
05-16-2014, 05:23 PM
:agree: heat reflected off of the road surface can be miserable! :opps:

cognaccruiser
05-16-2014, 05:44 PM
This is not an endorsement of this particular helmet. Review the information about what part of a helmet receives the most impacts in motorcycle accidents. Then make your own personal decision about whether it is too hot to wear a full face helmet is the summer. nojoke :thumbup:
http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-helmets/icon-airframe-statistic/

Yes, That is why we wear full face modulars. And we really don't find them that hot to wear even in 100 degree heat. Have opted for white helmets to perhaps not absorb quite as much sun but mostly for visibility to cages.

Bob Denman
05-16-2014, 06:02 PM
I would prefer a white helmet... (Could you talk to the Missus for me?) :D

BajaRon
05-16-2014, 06:09 PM
It has long been my experience that a full face with the shield closed is actually far more comfortable in very hot weather than an open face helmet.

You are absolutely correct except for POSSIBLY stop and go traffic.

It is also true that at speed, you are cooler with mesh jacket and pants than you are with T-Shirt and shorts. But just try convincing people of this!

Here is a great little test. Wear a GOOD fitting full face helmet on a very hot day. Run down the road for awhile and then open the shield. It will feel like you're in a blast furnace. After a few minutes, close the face shield and you'll fell like the AC has been turned on.

The difference is dramatic.

It is also much easier to stay hydrated when you're wearing proper clothing.

Being safe means more than looking around and knowing your machine.

MRH
05-16-2014, 06:11 PM
Thanks for validating my investment in a new full face helmet.

cognaccruiser
05-16-2014, 06:43 PM
I would prefer a white helmet... (Could you talk to the Missus for me?) :D

Absolutely, but how about your missus talk to my missus. They seem to understand things differently when talking amongst themselves than when we speak. :banghead:

cognaccruiser
05-16-2014, 06:46 PM
It is also true that at speed, you are cooler with mesh jacket and pants than you are with T-Shirt and shorts. But just try convincing people of this!

It is also much easier to stay hydrated when you're wearing proper clothing.

Being safe means more than looking around and knowing your machine.[/QUOTE]

Truer words were never spoken.

Gary

Chupaca
05-16-2014, 10:40 PM
We love our modulars which are cooler closed on the open road and regardless of outer wear we love our Heat Away from Cycle Gear. How it does it may be a mystery but it does keep me cool...:thumbup::ohyea:

Highwayman2013
05-16-2014, 10:55 PM
I just got a Scorpion Full face last season and it has great ventilation.