PDA

View Full Version : New owner of a 2014 RT limited!

dadof4
05-15-2014, 01:47 PM
Wife and I picked up the new 2014 RT Limited today. Drove her to the grocery store and home, beating the rain. Total was only about 25 miles. It doesn't take long to appreciate the differences from our traded in 2010. The most noticeable are the lack of vibration, heat, and engine noise. It is a lot smoother. Love it so far! Please weather...cooperate. Will we be happy with the stock seat or will we be riding on a Ultimate Seat in the future?

ARtraveler
05-15-2014, 01:51 PM
:congrats: on the purchase. Same here on the 2010 to 2014 switch. Big differences, and I also like them.

I have always been a seat changer, but I think I am going to stick with the OEM this go around. So far, 1000 miles field testing. I am adding a Utopia back rest. Have it on the shelf but have not installed it yet.

I have been using Bob's suggested shift points of 2000-2500. Plenty of torque and it keeps the engine in that "quiet zone"--which I like a lot.

warp10
05-15-2014, 01:53 PM
Stock seat seems to be much better also. done 500 mile days so far and no seat problems. 2014's are great aren't they. :firstplace: Enjoy.

Bob Denman
05-15-2014, 02:42 PM
:shocked: I almost hate having to suggest to folks that they might not need a seat, or a swaybar...
The suppliers of those items have been so great to ALL of us over the years! :clap:

These bikes are just... :dontknow:
What has anybody found; that really needs an upgrade???

BikerDoc
05-15-2014, 03:39 PM
I rode the stock seat over 3000 miles before adding the driver backrest. Previous seats would only allow me to go 100 miles a day without a back rest or major backache . I ride as much as 850 miles per day otherwise I might have skipped the backrest.. THE SEAT IS A MAJOR IMPROVEMENT OVER MY 2010 AND 2012 SEATS.

sddinnh
05-15-2014, 05:04 PM
:shocked: I almost hate having to suggest to folks that they might not need a seat, or a swaybar...
The suppliers of those items have been so great to ALL of us over the years! :clap:

Well, I rode it for 1700 miles before deciding it needed both a seat and a swaybar - but I'm new to this so that's just a decision based on how I feel riding the bike not one based on how it compares to previous versions. Anyway, nice looking bike and cograts on the purchase.

Jim&Teresa
05-15-2014, 05:11 PM
:congrats: on your new 2014 RT Limited -- thanks for the pics - it's a great looking bike! :thumbup: Enjoy! :yes::yes::yes: The 2014 RT is an AWESOME machine!! :D

Chupaca
05-15-2014, 05:15 PM
one sweet looking ryde. Sorry the weather is not holding up...send it over here we could really use it....enjoy the new machine..!! :ohyea::ohyea:

PW2013STL
05-15-2014, 05:30 PM
:congrats: On your new :spyder2:. :agree: The new RT's are great. I think CanAm made a winner. Not many things I would change except for adding turn indacaters in the mirrors.

:cheers: To your new adventures.

SPYD1
05-15-2014, 05:39 PM
:congrats::thumbup:

samewok
05-15-2014, 06:18 PM
Congrats.

Purple Guy
05-15-2014, 06:29 PM
Wife and I picked up the new 2014 RT Limited today. Drove her to the grocery store and home, beating the rain. Total was only about 25 miles. It doesn't take long to appreciate the differences from our traded in 2010. The most noticeable are the lack of vibration, heat, and engine noise. It is a lot smoother. Love it so far! Please weather...cooperate. Will we be happy with the stock seat or will we be riding on a Ultimate Seat in the future?

:congrats: that's a sweet lookin' machine!

As for the seat, after 500 miles on my 2014 RT-Ltd with the the BRP backrest I placed my order yesterday for an Ultimate Seat.
I just found the stock seat to soft for me and had a sore butt in as little as an hour...

Tango
05-15-2014, 09:33 PM
:congrats::2thumbs::clap:

den1953
05-16-2014, 08:31 AM
It's tough for me to tell in the pictures, but I am thinking it's Black Currant. Anyhow it's a beauty!!

cuznjohn
05-16-2014, 09:38 AM
when i order the 14, praying i love it, i am only adding the comfort seat for now, trying to save a few bucks for the loss i am taking on the 13

Bob Denman
05-16-2014, 10:01 AM
It's tough for me to tell in the pictures, but I am thinking it's Black Currant. Anyhow it's a beauty!!
It should be Black Currant... that's the tone that they use on the Limiteds only. :2thumbs:

dadof4
05-16-2014, 10:01 AM
when i order the 14, praying i love it, i am only adding the comfort seat for now, trying to save a few bucks for the loss i am taking on the 13

Given the issues you have had, I hope they give you a decent amount for a trade in.

dadof4
05-16-2014, 10:06 AM

Yes, it's Black Currant. I could see the "Currant" in it in the showroom. Perhaps someday we will actually have some sun and it will show up better.

Bob Denman
05-16-2014, 10:47 AM
Even in the WORST possible conditions; they look gorgeous in your garage!! :D :2thumbs:

ARtraveler
05-16-2014, 03:27 PM

I think I have only one suggestion so far. A new iteration should have a CVT tranny. No manual paddle shifting at all. I had that on my 1976 Hondamatic 750. It was pretty much different to drive. I believe it had a low range and a drive range. Sounded like a turbine winding out. I really got a lot of looks and comments back then. One man yelled out from a car--"Hey, no clutch!"

Tango
05-16-2014, 03:51 PM

John you will love the 14 for sure! :thumbup: Re think the seat. The Ultimate or Corbin, isn't all that much more than the Comfort seat. And they are a much better seat. I will be buying one of them for sure myself. Looking for a dealer that will discount the seats. I refuse to pay retail! :banghead: So far Corbin can be had for 10% off and free shipping. So far Ultimate is full retail. :banghead: I'm shopping.shopping,shopping. :roflblack: Tom :trike:

Deanna777
05-17-2014, 01:56 PM
:congrats: on your new 14'RT Limited. Deanna777

scooterexpress
05-17-2014, 02:26 PM
I think I have only one suggestion so far. A new iteration should have a CVT tranny. No manual paddle shifting at all. I had that on my 1976 Hondamatic 750. It was pretty much different to drive. I believe it had a low range and a drive range. Sound like a turbine winding out. I really got a lot of looks and comments back then. One man yelled out from a car--"Hey, no clutch!"

With a cvt tranny you might as well call the spyder a moped then, no crackin the throttle to hear the exhaust noise if you mod the exhaust that is, no nuetral on a cvt tranny I had a honda silver wing all the time riding with my buds there twisting the throttle and sounded great all I could do is make noise from my mouth:roflblack:nojokeThen they all laughed when i would do it..i think brp needs a even bigger engine, better stereo system, more color choices, also they should put out the option to have custom build-up from the factory like you can on cars build your own spyder from the frame up so to speak..j.m.o.