PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance Records to BRP

Dannette Larson
05-14-2014, 09:50 AM
I just took my bike to have something done about the heat issue with my 2013 RTS. They said they wrapped the exhaust but the bike is even hotter now. (And looking at the bike, the complete exhaust wasn't wrapped). Going to the shop again tomorrow. Has anyone had this issue taken care of at a dealer and does BRP consider this a defect in the bike? Also, when maintenance is done, is the dealer suppose to send notification to BRP of the work done? Thanks for your help.

iSpyder
05-14-2014, 10:11 AM
Are you talking about the heat on the right foot issue? If so, I think that is fairly typically of the previous models. I know for my 2012 RTS, my right foot would get pretty warm. In fact, on a trip to DC one weekend, the constant heat melted the glue on my right boot. Granted my riding boots where old and a fairly cheap pair but it did none-the-less. If you are talking about a different heat issue...ignore this post :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Chupaca
05-14-2014, 11:54 AM
The updates recalls etc are recorded and can be checked by vin #...if they wrapped the pipe it would have been in the area of the brake master cylinder. They did have a recall and added heat shielding around as well. As for other heat issues like the right foot most have gone to spyderpopos (sponsor on home page) and added his cures...:thumbup: