PDA

View Full Version : first thoughts on what this is

cuznjohn
05-13-2014, 02:48 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1.0-9/1524844_10152110137919007_6086557353581068989_n.jp g

Bob Denman
05-13-2014, 02:57 PM
Puppies: Extra-Crispy?? :shocked: :dontknow:

sddinnh
05-13-2014, 03:02 PM
A dozen hot dogs on the grill :dontknow::bowdown:

Dan_Ashley
05-13-2014, 03:29 PM
My wife breeds champion show dogs. To give you an idea check out www.houseofwags.com (http://www.houseofwags.com) That's my wife's web site.
ALL of her breeding dogs are champions. All of the puppies are raised in the home. All of them are played with every day, sometimes to the detriment of other things!

This looks like a potentially very bad thing for the puppies in the photo. No way on God's green planet would my wife, or any of her associates allow puppies to be in a cage on a grate. The grating is used to allow the poop and the urine to fall through, so the "keeper" doesn't have to clean up, after the puppies. Puppies that age should be in an exercise pen, not in a cage. A puppy who has lived in a cage like that for six to nine months may never learn to walk correctly, will have both social development problems and will have health problems with their hips later in life.

Let me put it this way: To me the photo looks suspiciously like a puppy mill.

this is very sad for the puppies--and it makes all dog breeders look bad.

ValCruzSpyder
05-13-2014, 03:41 PM
My wife breeds champion show dogs. To give you an idea check out www.houseofwags.com (http://www.houseofwags.com) That's my wife's web site.
ALL of her breeding dogs are champions. All of the puppies are raised in the home. All of them are played with every day, sometimes to the detriment of other things!

This looks like a potentially very bad thing for the puppies in the photo. No way on God's green planet would my wife, or any of her associates allow puppies to be in a cage on a grate. The grating is used to allow the poop and the urine to fall through, so the "keeper" doesn't have to clean up, after the puppies. Puppies that age should be in an exercise pen, not in a cage. A puppy who has lived in a cage like that for six to nine months may never learn to walk correctly, will have both social development problems and will have health problems with their hips later in life.

Let me put it this way: To me the photo looks suspiciously like a puppy mill.

this is very sad for the puppies--and it makes all dog breeders look bad.

I was going to say this looked like a nice batch of fried chicken strips...BUT.....NEVER MIND :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

bruiser
05-13-2014, 03:41 PM
Look at the pup in the lower left corner. His hind leg is through the grate.

I do like the "extra crispy puppies".

wyliec
05-13-2014, 03:46 PM
Dan,

I went to your site; very nice. I have a question. The Biewer's, are they a class of Yorkie? I looked it up and am not sure. I ask because we have a Yorkie which has the typical blue to steel gray body and tan face.

bruiser
05-13-2014, 03:52 PM
They look like labradoodles.

sddinnh
05-13-2014, 03:54 PM
They look like labradoodles.

Not Labradoodles, they would be black, but maybe Goldendoodles (golden retriever and poodle cross)

cuznjohn
05-13-2014, 03:55 PM
every who i know say fried chicken

Dan_Ashley
05-13-2014, 04:00 PM
Dan,

I went to your site; very nice. I have a question. The Biewer's, are they a class of Yorkie? I looked it up and am not sure. I ask because we have a Yorkie which has the typical blue to steel gray body and tan face.The Biewers (pronounced like "BEAVER"--the little rodent that makes dams in streams)...The Biewers are descended from German Yorkies. They were created by Werner and Gertrude Biewer in Germany in the latter part of the last century. They came to the US sometime between 2000 and 2004--my wife knows for sure. Since then they are shown in rare breed dog shows (International All Breed Canine Association, America Rare Breed Association, International Kennel Club). We are now working on our 3rd and 4th generation of American Biewers...and the dogs are starting to "breed true." This means that the pups look like mom and dad--usually.

They are hypoallergenic--minimum amount of dander. They don't yap all the time like the Yorkies, they are small (3 to 8 pounds usually), and require very little outside exercise. They have long coats which is just beautiful, but they do not shed. We keep most of our dog's coats cut short otherwise we have to groom them every day. Of course the ones we are currently taking to dog shows keep the long coat. They are very loyal little pups. I think their two favorite things are chicken treats and sitting in your lap.

Jeriatric
05-13-2014, 04:02 PM
APK -all promises kept, and there will not be another until I'm once again ready to make and keep the promise of lasting and total commitment.

Dan_Ashley
05-13-2014, 04:04 PM
APK -all promises kept, and there will not be another until I'm once again ready to make and keep the promise of lasting and total commitment.
check out my wife's web site. There is a tab about "before you take me home."

It is nice to think that our dog friends, who pass into eternity, go to the rainbow bridge. Google that: rainbow bridge

Bob Denman
05-13-2014, 04:55 PM
Love her site!! :thumbup: :clap:

Chupaca
05-13-2014, 05:00 PM
looks KFC's fryer bin....:roflblack::roflblack:

kyspyder
05-13-2014, 08:31 PM
They look a lot like "Hush Puppies"

KYSPYDER

SDM
05-13-2014, 10:02 PM
Dan_Ashley, those puppies are GORGEOUS!!!

Bob Denman
05-14-2014, 07:00 AM
:agree: :clap: