PDA

View Full Version : Arachnid Tires

SpyRyd
05-13-2014, 12:14 PM
Anyone found any specs on the new Arachnid tires? Clicked on the pic of the Spyder on the Vee Rubber website and was shown typical motorcycle tires. Searched their website for the VTR-350 tire and got "nothing found". The Canadian dealer website doesn't provide and specs on this tire, nor does the ROLO/Outlaw (SpyderComfort) site. I do understand it is a 3 ply tire vs. 2 ply on the OEM Kenda, but that's all I know about it other than it's manufactured in Thailand "especially" for the Spyder.

Also so would like to hear from any/all Spyder owners running the Arachnid rear tire, especially if you have more than a few thousand miles on it. Just wondering if it will wear any better than the Kenda.

Got 6146 miles on my 14 RT-L and will be needing a new rear tire soon. Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

Highwayman2013
05-13-2014, 12:53 PM
Rolo is selling them. Give them a call.

SpyRyd
05-13-2014, 01:01 PM
Rolo is selling them. Give them a call.

I sent them a note a day or so ago...no answer yet.

Magdave
05-13-2014, 01:14 PM
I talked with Mike and saw the tires a couple of days ago. It has an aggressive tread and harder rubber as well as beefed up sidewalls BUT they are 2 ply tires. His wife has been running them for a while and says they are great and better than Kenda. I actually saw a car with Kenda tires on it recently too.

Tango
05-13-2014, 03:20 PM
No one selling these tires will post any specs on them! :banghead: Wonder why? :hun: Tom :trike:

Xcarman
05-13-2014, 03:39 PM
Put one on last Friday just 100 miles on it but the ride seems to be smoother. Hope it lasts longer than 8500 miles.

Highwayman2013
05-13-2014, 03:45 PM
I would have tried one but they didn't have them for sale when I needed a tire. A picture of the tread would be nice.:)

Xcarman
05-13-2014, 04:08 PM
Tried but to dumb to know how. Told to drag and drop but this d--m thing won't let me.

Chupaca
05-13-2014, 06:42 PM
http://www.veerubber.co.th/2013/?p=2693&cur-cat=motorcycle.. VTR-350-R (rear) VTR-350-F (front)....:thumbup:

SpyRyd
05-13-2014, 06:49 PM
http://www.veerubber.co.th/2013/?p=2693&cur-cat=motorcycle.. VTR-350-R (rear) VTR-350-F (front)....:thumbup:

I'm not seeing any specs or even the pics when I click on the link provided. Maybe it's because I'm using my iPad...might have to go to my desktop. Thanks

Guzzi
05-13-2014, 06:55 PM
Have over 2000 miles on my rear Arachnjd, on the 2014 RTL. Doing just fine. Seems good in the rain and last week did great in all the twisties around Johnson City, Tn. To soon to tell about wear, but its better than the Kenda, IMHO.
:2thumbs:

spyder-dude
05-13-2014, 07:01 PM
Just had my local dealer put this tire on that I got from Mike at Spyder Comfort. Yesterday on the way home it was a very bad down poor rain and it handled very well. Today I may another 30 mile trip to get new front tires warrantied by BRP. I am having a problem with major vibrations but the new tires didn't fix the problem :(

Here is the picture of the Arachnid rear tire from my 2014 RTS.

Rear View:

Side View:

cbredneck
05-14-2014, 06:11 AM
Anyone found any specs on the new Arachnid tires? Clicked on the pic of the Spyder on the Vee Rubber website and was shown typical motorcycle tires. Searched their website for the VTR-350 tire and got "nothing found". The Canadian dealer website doesn't provide and specs on this tire, nor does the ROLO/Outlaw (SpyderComfort) site. I do understand it is a 3 ply tire vs. 2 ply on the OEM Kenda, but that's all I know about it other than it's manufactured in Thailand "especially" for the Spyder.

Also so would like to hear from any/all Spyder owners running the Arachnid rear tire, especially if you have more than a few thousand miles on it. Just wondering if it will wear any better than the Kenda.

Got 6146 miles on my 14 RT-L and will be needing a new rear tire soon. Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

Over 3K on mine to date. Very happy. in all conditions. Will have more info in a couple of months. two long trips planned soon

Bob Denman
05-14-2014, 07:32 AM
Have over 2000 miles on my rear Arachnjd, on the 2014 RTL. Doing just fine. Seems good in the rain and last week did great in all the twisties around Johnson City, Tn. To soon to tell about wear, but its better than the Kenda, IMHO.
:2thumbs:
Are you running Federals up front? :dontknow:

cbredneck
05-15-2014, 03:40 AM
Are you running Federals up front? :dontknow:
no arachnids all the way around

Tango
05-15-2014, 10:00 AM

This is a very secret tire. Only information released so far is, they are round, and black. :thumbup: :yikes::dontknow:

Magdave
05-15-2014, 10:24 AM
I suggest you call Spydercomfort and talk to Mike. He was instrumental in developing the tire and has the specs.

tigerdr
05-15-2014, 11:14 AM
Did someone know what is the tradewear grade of that new tire from Thailand? For the Khumo 225-50/R15 this grade is 440 and for the Falken, it's 400.

Lower the treadwear is, softer is the compound and less millage.

k_teven
08-08-2017, 06:57 PM
Is this the tire you folks were talking about? I was contemplating putting them on my 2010RT. My front Kendas are at about 25.6K and really need replacement!

Steven

oldguyinTX
08-08-2017, 07:47 PM
I have an Arachnid rear tire with about 1800 miles on it; one side (Right vs Left) is wearing much faster then the other. Not an alignment problem. Just me trying to save a few bucks on a tire that is just as crappy as the Kenda. Lesson learned. Called Rolo, no response. Oh well, new tire next season.

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-08-2017, 08:26 PM
Is this the tire you folks were talking about? I was contemplating putting them on my 2010RT. My front Kendas are at about 25.6K and really need replacement!

Steven
This company produces the same CRAP*Y tire as Kenda ( not just my opinion ) see the post below yours ( one of many many folks here ) .... There are a few really good CAR tires that will work 110% better at less cost .... Mike :thumbup:

Buckeye Chuck 54
08-08-2017, 10:40 PM
Sorry, round and black isn't good enough. It looks too much like a crapenda. Thanks, but no thanks, I'll stick with my General.
Chuck

This is a very secret tire. Only information released so far is, they are round, and black. :thumbup: :yikes::dontknow:

SpyderAnn01
08-08-2017, 11:03 PM

Steven

Stay away from the Vee Rubber tires. They are junk. If you got 25,000 miles out of your Kendas you're doing good. I'd rather see you go with Kendas on the front than with the Vee Rubber

trikermutha
08-08-2017, 11:36 PM
They wear on the outside than even across the tire. I had 8500 miles before I removed the tire, figure I could have gotten another 4 k out of them??

oldguyinTX
08-09-2017, 07:59 AM
Guess I can't do basic math. My Arachnid rear tire has about 8,000 miles on it, not 1,800 as stated. I did notice that last Wednesday 8/2 when we had to ride a long didtsnce in the pouring rain, I felt no slippage or hydroplaning. Still gonna buy a new tire though. Really not happy with the uneven wear, and the lack of a response from Rolo about this.

Machinegunner
08-09-2017, 10:52 AM
The price for the Arachned tire at my dealer is about $175. Compared to $75 for my General Altimax.

MurrayBrown
08-09-2017, 01:31 PM
Anyone found any specs on the new Arachnid tires? Clicked on the pic of the Spyder on the Vee Rubber website and was shown typical motorcycle tires. Searched their website for the VTR-350 tire and got "nothing found". The Canadian dealer website doesn't provide and specs on this tire, nor does the ROLO/Outlaw (SpyderComfort) site. I do understand it is a 3 ply tire vs. 2 ply on the OEM Kenda, but that's all I know about it other than it's manufactured in Thailand "especially" for the Spyder. Also so would like to hear from any/all Spyder owners running the Arachnid rear tire, especially if you have more than a few thousand miles on it. Just wondering if it will wear any better than the Kenda.

Here is the link to the primary distributor's website: http://www.spydercomfort.com/tires.htm

The specifications are shown on this page. ALSO .... read the fine print v-e-r-y carefully. There are sellers on eBay and elsewhere who are trying to sell the OLD tires. The OLD tires were not very good. The NEW tires ... #V35003 is the new front 165/55 R15 the new front is rated 55H and are $75 EACH and #V35004 is new "touring" rear for the 1330 225/50 R15 the new rear is rated 80 H and are $148 EACH .... are much, much better.

When I was purchasing my REAR tire I spoke personally to Norm Robinson. Very personable, and shipping was a breeze.

I'm currently running a REAR Arachnid on my 2014 ST Limited and it is holding up very well.

PapaHotel
09-25-2017, 05:39 PM
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B018Y0W8KM/ref=pd

I guess there is a new 4th series of this tire as noted by the Amazon listing showing 004 on the end. I think it has a stiffer sidewall than the earlier series. I have a friend mounting them, so I will know more about the riding and wear characteristics next season.

DesertRider
01-29-2018, 03:34 PM
Coming up on 8K miles on original Kendra's. Still have plenty of tread for 1500 miles or so. Looking to go with the Arachnid's. Anyone put them on yet and how do you like them.

DesertRider
01-29-2018, 03:51 PM
[QUOTE=MurrayBrown;1289092]Here is the link to the primary distributor's website: http://www.spydercomfort.com/tires.htm

The specifications are shown on this page. ALSO .... read the fine print v-e-r-y carefully. There are sellers on eBay and elsewhere who are trying to sell the OLD tires. The OLD tires were not very good. The NEW tires ... #V35003 is the new front 165/55 R15 the new front is rated 55H and are $75 EACH and #V35004 is new "touring" rear for the 1330 225/50 R15 the new rear is rated 80 H and are $148 EACH .... are much, much better.

When I was purchasing my REAR tire I spoke personally to Norm Robinson. Very personable, and shipping was a breeze.

I'm currently running a REAR Arachnid on my 2014 ST Limited and it is holding up very well.[I went to this link and all I saw was a biography for each guy. I want to order these 3 tires, what is the site to order them./QUOTE]

jcthorne
01-29-2018, 03:57 PM
The Arachnid is possibly the only tire in existence WORSE than the Kenda. Just utter crap quality.

We have removed a large number of them and replaced with quality tires and fixed all sorts of ailments. Just say no to crap copies of bad chinese tires.

spydernatic
01-29-2018, 05:08 PM
Just had my local dealer put this tire on that I got from Mike at Spyder Comfort. Yesterday on the way home it was a very bad down poor rain and it handled very well. Today I may another 30 mile trip to get new front tires warrantied by BRP. I am having a problem with major vibrations but the new tires didn't fix the problem :(

Here is the picture of the Arachnid rear tire from my 2014 RTS.

Rear View:

Side View:

Take the front tires to a car tire place like Goodyear and get them balanced I went through the same problem on my 2012 and even after tires were replaced could not get the vibrations to stop, took the tires off the Spyder(you have to do that) went to Goodyear ....no more vibrations as smooth as glass.

BLUEKNIGHT911
01-29-2018, 06:15 PM
Coming up on 8K miles on original Kendra's. Still have plenty of tread for 1500 miles or so. Looking to go with the Arachnid's. Anyone put them on yet and how do you like them. To answer your question #1., maybe , just maybe you should start reading at the beginning of this Thread ......#2., my Michelin has over 35,000 miles on it and it's not worn out yet ............ Mike:thumbup:

DesertRider
01-30-2018, 07:08 PM
I just ordered new Archnid tires for the front and rear. I have about 2500 more miles left on the stock Kendra's, before I will have them put on at 1o,500 miles (if needed). About $46 for the fronts and $104 for the rear. Ordered from Cedar Rapids Tire Co......Vee Rubber, VTR35003 (fronts) and VTR 35004 (rear). I think I will be very happy with them.

FlyBoy2121
08-11-2018, 08:12 AM
I SpyderMen all :ani29:

Here in Canada there are some who install Toyo tires they are great and give a good mileage and good handling.

When my Kenda will be worn I will install Toyo proxes4

FlyBoy2121 :clap:

jlc41
08-11-2018, 08:40 AM
I am supprised that some folks are mixing tire brands. I was under the impression that mixing brands wil give you handleing problems due to different tread patterns, at least on cars that is the case, or am I wrong. Great site last of good information. Hoping the own a spyder some day.

Joe

FlyBoy2121
08-11-2018, 09:09 AM
I jlc

I checked the tread pattern Kenda and the Arachnid to copy the same treading, my Kenda of origin 10000k. I have to replace it, I buy an Arachnid that is similar to the Kenda.
When I go to change the three pulls I will install Toyo tire
FlyBoy2121

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-11-2018, 10:30 AM
I am supprised that some folks are mixing tire brands. I was under the impression that mixing brands wil give you handleing problems due to different tread patterns, at least on cars that is the case, or am I wrong. Great site last of good information. Hoping the own a spyder some day.

Joe
WRONG ...as long as they are on the same AXEL, unless you are Racing professionally it won't matter ..... Mike :thumbup:

SpyderAnn01
08-11-2018, 11:28 AM
Arachnids are junk, don’t waste your money on one.

jlc41
08-12-2018, 01:26 PM
Mike, So you are saying that as long as the tires on the front match it don't matter whats on the rear??

Joe

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-12-2018, 02:25 PM
Mike, So you are saying that as long as the tires on the front match it don't matter whats on the rear??

Joe
As this applies to Spyders ( and all other vehicles ) this is correct....cars have two axels with tires on each side, the computer systems will make adjustments based on what's on each axel ..... To ask / expect them to adjust side to side is a lot. I'm sure their are vehicles in the plus $200,00 range that are much more sophisticated, but this is the exception rather than the rule. Computer controlled stability today is mind boggling at what they have achieved..... imho .......hope this helps ...... Mike :thumbup:

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-12-2018, 02:30 PM
Arachnids are junk, don’t waste your money on one.
:agree::agree::agree: ......... Considering what's available in the Auto tire market, why buy something that's so inferior ( at possibly higher cost ? ) UNLESS you have no choice !!!! :yikes: ..... But then I would buy the Kenda's , they are slightly better than the Arachnids ( but not by much :roflblack: ) .............. Mike :thumbup:

Ramrover
08-12-2018, 07:46 PM
Replaced my Kenda with
Arachnjd and found them to be just as bad..... Had to replace it in a little of 6000 miles..... Changed to car tires and I am much happier, plus auto tires are less expensive...… The tires in the picture are Kendas, that was before I switched to auto tires...

Baron14y
07-04-2019, 12:20 PM

Looked up the website and on the description of the tires it said...

* Specially designed for wet and dry environment

Is there any other kind?:dontknow:

Baron14y
07-04-2019, 12:26 PM
Checked their website and on it it said...

* Specially designed for wet and dry environment

Is there any other kind?:dontknow: