PDA

View Full Version : So Long Spyder........Sort Of

hut1
05-13-2014, 12:08 AM
Last July, after waiting patiently on the sidelines for a long time, I finally pulled the trigger on a '12 RS SM5, with my daughter's encouragement. She had recently purchased her own bike, an '01 Suzuki Marauder 800. She was new to biking but took to it like a fish to water.
Since I got the :spyder2:, her 2-wheeler hasn't seen much road time, and I haven't seen much seat time on the RS. She loves the Spyder life and although she took the MSF course and is an excellent rider, I feel much more comfortable with her on it than her Suzy.

Therefore, as a graduation present this weekend, I officially turned the keys over to her. She worked real hard and graduated with top honors from Delaware State University with her degree in Pre-Veterinary Medicine, and debt free! :joke: In August she enters Vet School at the University of Pennsylvania. I figure this is an appropriate reward and investment for a job well done.
Oh well, I guess it's time to start looking for my own :spyder2:..............again!

SpyderAnn01
05-13-2014, 12:13 AM
That is fantastic! Congratulations to your daughter and to you.

Chupaca
05-13-2014, 01:20 AM
to you both. Amazing accomplishments graduating and debt free..!! :2thumbs: so it looks like you will be a two roadster family soon..:clap::ohyea::ohyea:

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-13-2014, 04:02 AM
That is fantastic! Congratulations to your daughter and to you.

:congrats: :agree::dg1:..........................Mike & Dee :thumbup: :ohyea:

GloryRyders
05-13-2014, 04:21 AM
:agree:..............:congrats: to your daughter!:yes:

Silvervette05
05-13-2014, 05:21 AM
Good job :thumbup:

jerpinoy
05-13-2014, 06:49 AM
That's great and:congrats::congrats: to your girl. Soon to a Doctor.

PrairieSpyder
05-13-2014, 07:43 AM
Good job :thumbup:

:agree: to you both! Your daughter completing pre-vet without debt; and you for doing such a good job raising her!

Bob Denman
05-13-2014, 07:47 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_75.gif

Tango
05-13-2014, 08:12 AM
Nice! :thumbup: Tom :trike:

Major spyder
05-13-2014, 09:10 AM
Last July, after waiting patiently on the sidelines for a long time, I finally pulled the trigger on a '12 RS SM5, with my daughter's encouragement. She had recently purchased her own bike, an '01 Suzuki Marauder 800. She was new to biking but took to it like a fish to water.
Since I got the :spyder2:, her 2-wheeler hasn't seen much road time, and I haven't seen much seat time on the RS. She loves the Spyder life and although she took the MSF course and is an excellent rider, I feel much more comfortable with her on it than her Suzy.

Therefore, as a graduation present this weekend, I officially turned the keys over to her. She worked real hard and graduated with top honors from Delaware State University with her degree in Pre-Veterinary Medicine, and debt free! :joke: In August she enters Vet School at the University of Pennsylvania. I figure this is an appropriate reward and investment for a job well done.
Oh well, I guess it's time to start looking for my own :spyder2:..............again!

Being a Dad is more important...I know how you feel....so don't delay..go get that Spyder waiting for you....:clap:

billrob71
05-13-2014, 11:24 AM
Congrats
my daughter starts school at Deltech this fall for Nursing, she's not getting my spyder :-) but still very proud of her, so know just how you feel

spyder3
05-13-2014, 12:08 PM
Well done Dad!!! I'm not sure there is a better feeling in life when you have done something good for your kids. :thumbup:

ARtraveler
05-13-2014, 01:03 PM
:congrats: on both accounts.