PDA

View Full Version : ABS Brakes

bluestratos
05-12-2014, 08:19 PM
Well got a chance to test mine yesterday on the highway at 60 to zero in like.... now! A guy had a plastic garbage can jump out of his truck, I never seen it nor did I see the brake lights for the car in front. I had just glanced down at my mirror to check on a tailgater, looked up and oh oh... car ahead is stopped and has no brake lights! I mashed the peddle and the bike did a left, right dance on the front end and came such a fast stop I came up off of the seat. The guy ahead must have thought I actually hit him because he got out to check his back end. I told him he has no brake lights and he shrugged and walked back to his car. I pulled into the slow lane and let him out my sight until I got to town and there he was at the intersection with a pickup buried in his trunk. The guy was screaming at the truck driver but I quietly pulled out my business card and gave it to the poor old guy in the truck and said..."have your insurance call me, he has no brake lights". Not sure if that will help but I am sure it can't hurt lol.

Chupaca
05-12-2014, 11:13 PM
really glad your alright. Brakes do work well when you need them. Things have a way of turning out. He shrugged his shoulder probably cause nothing happened with you only to get nailed by that unfortunate gentleman. Nice of you to offer your help. Having hit him from the rear he will need it...:yikes:

Bob Denman
05-13-2014, 06:48 AM
Glad to hear that an "Oh Crap" moment; didn't get any worse for you! :thumbup:

bluestratos
05-13-2014, 01:31 PM
Yes, the brakes definitely work great! lol..