PDA

View Full Version : Cure for scruffy bottom

Tulefog
05-11-2014, 11:37 PM
We rode our 2013RT a few weeks ago on a country road and I got off the side a little. I am including the picture of the original skid plate, I am pretty sure it will not take much more of that abuse. I bought and installed one of Spyderpops skid plates. Being as thick and much more extensive coverage, I should not have any serious damage to the underside of the frunk, it has a pretty good scrape on the underside which the new plate covers.
There are probably others that are worse or have been replaced, but it didn't take much to do this.

Chupaca
05-11-2014, 11:42 PM
mine was that way and thing is I didn't think I hit anything. The shock reloctors also raised the front end a bit so ground ckearance is better...but many don't realize how much damage there is to that area..good move going with the bumpskid...:2thumbs:

cuznjohn
05-11-2014, 11:45 PM
sorry i thought you meant your butt and i was going to say powder

daltmeyer
05-12-2014, 04:39 AM
Those scuffs are normal I think and that's what the plates are for. Spyderpops plate is a super upgrade I highly recomend. Out of all my upgrades I consider it one of the must-haves.

I've got just about everything Spyderpops sells for an rs. I love his work.

PrairieSpyder
05-12-2014, 07:31 AM
sorry i thought you meant your butt and i was going to say powder

:agree: It sounded like a personal problem to me! Surely there's a cream for that.

Bob Denman
05-12-2014, 07:39 AM
:shocked: I'm not reading any of this, and I dare not intervene! :yikes:
Powders...Creams... :banghead:

NetJunkie
05-12-2014, 07:52 AM
Looks like it was doing its job as expected. What makes you think it wouldn't have lasted much longer?