PDA

View Full Version : Broke my Antenna 2013 RTS L

SFC
05-11-2014, 08:08 PM
Can U unscrew the end to replace with Wal mart Shorty? I can hardly get hold of the broken piece and having problems turning it any suggestions I took the side speaker panel loose but it does't help getting it lose:banghead::yikes:I looked for pictures but did not find any:shocked: I'm sure others have had the same problems do you have to remove the block and replace it to install the Shorty?:spyder2:
Any help would be great with instructions :lecturef_smilie:

garb55
05-11-2014, 08:32 PM
Can U unscrew the end to replace with Wal mart Shorty? I can hardly get hold of the broken piece and having problems turning it any suggestions I took the side speaker panel loose but it does't help getting it lose:banghead::yikes:I looked for pictures but did not find any:shocked: I'm sure others have had the same problems do you have to remove the block and replace it to install the Shorty?:spyder2:
Any help would be great with instructions :lecturef_smilie:

The piece will unscrew
I did mine and it was very tight
Be carful to protect the surrounding area as it will scratch very easy
I used tape to protect it and a rag
The Walmart shorty comes with an adapter that will fit you just need to cut the rubber boot a little bigger

Don

Cruzr Joe
05-11-2014, 08:50 PM
The piece will unscrew
I did mine and it was very tight
Be carful to protect the surrounding area as it will scratch very easy
I used tape to protect it and a rag
The Walmart shorty comes with an adapter that will fit you just need to cut the rubber boot a little bigger

Don

:agree:.

Cruzr Joe

LJspydee
05-11-2014, 09:25 PM
On my 2012 RTS I slipped a socket over the antenna and turned it with vise grips. The Wal-Mart short flexible antenna comes with an assortment of adapter that will fit. I was also able to re-use the rubber boot. Good luck!

Gray Ghost
05-12-2014, 05:40 AM
I was able to get mine off with a 7mm combination wrench.

Bob Denman
05-12-2014, 09:55 AM
I've got a Shortee sitting here on my bench; do you need it?

SFC
05-12-2014, 08:15 PM
Bob thanks for the offer but I bought one today. I took the plastic all apart to get the antenna out of the base. Thanks for all the suggestion and help by everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SFC
05-12-2014, 08:17 PM
I take pictures As I put it together and post tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Myoutdoors
05-12-2014, 08:45 PM
Where did it break? My 1st mishap happened when I put a cover on my 14' RTS and came back out to find the antenna lying on the ground. Mine snapped at the base so I took off the connector with a 7mm , drilled out the broken antenna then cleaned it up and 2 part epoxy it back together.

StanProff
05-12-2014, 08:49 PM
Mine never broke but I like the looks of the rubber ducky and picked one up at advance auto for about 13 bucks. It had an assortment of adapters. I put a little lube on the rubber boot and it slid over the ducky.