PDA

View Full Version : Cat removal

Bigbikeman
05-11-2014, 11:45 AM
:shocked:Cat removal hard I don't thank it is dirty or hard ,but people at spider,fest with 14model bike they could not tell much of a change I it's performance

Chupaca
05-11-2014, 02:55 PM
not sure what the question is, not many have made the change so information is sketchy at best. Most wanting to do the cat elimination is on the 13's with the high heat problem. Again not many have done this but the Lamonster unit is now being installed and reports should be forthcoming....:thumbup:

Bigbikeman
05-11-2014, 03:35 PM
:shocked:Cat removal hard I don't thank it is dirty or hard ,but people at spider,fest with 14model bike they could not tell much of a change I it's performance
:yes: I had mine removed by Pit Bull so I don't know first hand but watched and there was a lot of hammering going on and it took a little more than an hour on my 2013 and boy did it change my bike first 60 percent heat gone then the power has gone up by at least 30 percent I still have my stock exhaust but sounds good. In order for our engines to be able to turn 8 thousand and more they have pretty big and so at idle you can here that to. Mine was $300. With installation .My bike does NOT do well on fuel normal 14 but now 20 .Hope I helped.

samewok
05-11-2014, 05:15 PM
Pitbull put mine on a 2011 RT. The bars a still the same but the heat under the seat is less.
I can how turn the gas cap without worrying how hot it is. Today's temp was 84 in little rock,ar

redhorse
05-12-2014, 09:14 AM

I do believe that my 14 RT limited was the first cat removal that Len at Pitbull installed. he also did my wifes 13 RT limited. it made one hell of a difference on the 13 which already had the 2 brothers racing exhaust installed. picked up about 4 miles to a gallon on fuel , also made a huge difference on my 14 but not as much power increase as the 13. it did hovever move my fuel economy from 29 to mid 30's and I have on 1 tank gotten 41. best ever. can not wait until Len and Lemont get his exhaust ready for the 14.
Thanks Land and Jason at Pitbull Powersports.
lee