PDA

View Full Version : Side Panels

RUOUTHERE
05-11-2014, 05:47 AM
Has anyone else experienced loosing a side panel, in particular the left side panel? Mine flew off yesterday on the highway. Thinking once I replace it I'll try using a zip tie not only to hold the grommet in place but possibly it will provide more resistance on the panel push pin in the grommet.

IGETAROUND
05-11-2014, 06:44 AM
Sorry to hear this. If you do a search there have been numerous posts about side panels blowing off and different ways to avoid this. Just a thought, most likely cable ties will not provide the strength need for prevention of a panel not blowing off @ speed. Enjoy your ride and the process of prevention.:yes::ohyea::clap:

Texas
05-11-2014, 12:05 PM
Has anyone else experienced loosing a side panel, in particular the left side panel? Mine flew off yesterday on the highway. Thinking once I replace it I'll try using a zip tie not only to hold the grommet in place but possibly it will provide more resistance on the panel push pin in the grommet.

I noticed one of mine felt very loose one time. Upon inspection, I noticed that there is a small hook at the top of the panel that is made to hook to the back of the adjacent panel, and it wasn't hooked. I removed the panel and made sure this piece was first hooked to the adjacent panel. I haven't seen an issue since. It was most likely my fault to begin with as it wasn't something I originally noticed when I did my oil change, and most likely just pushed the panel back in.

Bob Denman
05-11-2014, 02:23 PM
:agree: Make sure that everything is hooking together, the way that they should... :thumbup: