PDA

View Full Version : Has any one had the letter E. Show on display then turn off?

Spacetrucker
05-10-2014, 05:45 PM
So when I left springfeild,mo tue to San antonino ,Tx bike was not running right. A 2014 with rts with 7500 miles on it. The E. Came on a lot then the bike shut down? Now had a dealer look at it but they did not know why. No outher codes show. Just E. Now bike dead will not start at all. Ck all fueses and all good, battery good, fuel good , oil good. But no start. Let me know. Call outher dealers no help? Called brp , ? We don't know hook buds up. Did it no codes, just E. Only.. Any help would be nice....thks

sddinnh
05-10-2014, 05:49 PM
Yah, mine's done that a couple of times switching gears, especially R - 1st or 1st - R. The E comes up and I turn it off, turn it back on, and everything is fine.

joebryanjr
05-10-2014, 06:07 PM
I had it happen to me, today. Turn off, then back on and all OK. :dontknow:

Purple Guy
05-10-2014, 06:19 PM
Please keep us updated if the cause is found.

murphybrown
05-10-2014, 07:20 PM
I have to let "warm" up more than I did the '10....wait until rpm's settle down to 800....anything before that if I put in R or 1 it will either out right die or the E hits briefly and then the selected gear. I've got 1500+ and it has done this since the beginning. So I just take a little longer before engaging gear. Since "patience" is NOT my middle name it is good for me (so they tell me) :roflblack::roflblack:

Spacetrucker
05-10-2014, 07:30 PM
Thks for all your in put. But the bike is dead. 3 new ecms ? But still will not kick over or run. But it will go thu the dam start up system , hit starter b. Nothing goes? So now have to wait for brp to get me help here in Tx.. Thks all for your in put...

IdahoMtnSpyder
05-10-2014, 07:40 PM
Thks for all your in put. But the bike is dead. 3 new ecms ? But still will not kick over or run. But it will go thu the dam start up system , hit starter b. Nothing goes? So now have to wait for brp to get me help here in Tx.. Thks all for your in put...
Kill switch shorting out maybe?

sddinnh
05-10-2014, 07:40 PM
wait until rpm's settle down to 800....anything before that if I put in R or 1 it will either out right die or the E hits briefly and then the selected gear. I've got 1500+ and it has done this since the beginning. So I just take a little longer before engaging gear. Since "patience" is NOT my middle name it is good for me (so they tell me) :roflblack::roflblack:

My symptoms exactly - Thanks for the heads up on the warm up - Like you patience is not me either :clap::clap:

Spacetrucker
05-10-2014, 09:26 PM
No kill working ok , some where in the loom they say, will see Monday when a new loom will be here!

Chupaca
05-10-2014, 09:41 PM
has been associated with the gear indicating sensor. In the past it would not shut down the machine or stop it from starting. As repedative as this may seem have they tried switching to a known good battery..? As silly as it may seem we just had a similar case and they always dismissed the battery because it was changed recently. But if you hit the starter and nothing happens you do not have power getting through. Main fuse, kill switch, ignition switch but mainly battery..shift indicator also does not make the machine run badly but lack of voltage will. Hope they get to the culprit soon...:thumbup:

Silvervette05
05-10-2014, 10:10 PM
When I had my 08 , E came on a couple of times, ,but I would shut it down start back up and it ran great good luck

OJ UK
05-11-2014, 07:59 AM
has been associated with the gear indicating sensor. In the past it would not shut down the machine or stop it from starting. As repedative as this may seem have they tried switching to a known good battery..? As silly as it may seem we just had a similar case and they always dismissed the battery because it was changed recently. But if you hit the starter and nothing happens you do not have power getting through. Main fuse, kill switch, ignition switch but mainly battery..shift indicator also does not make the machine run badly but lack of voltage will. Hope they get to the culprit soon...:thumbup:

+1 Totally agree.
Since the engine will not run without the ECU/ECM (whichever you call it), if the battery voltage is low then the electronics will throw multiple
codes and if the battery voltage is very low the engine won't start.

Never had this problem with carbs and magnetos!! /sigh.....

stevedfive
05-11-2014, 10:37 AM
It happened on my '10 when I was riding downhill, applying the brake and giving it throttle at the same time.

Spacetrucker
05-11-2014, 10:33 PM
Well brp pick up bike and being taken to Wi. They say I will have it back by Friday.? Well see.rember this is the new 2014 rts se6. Battry is good but the ecm was not working. Put in 3 of them but no luck. Any it's in their hands as we type. Was told that a few have had this happen , but say they will get it and runing ASAP.....

rock
05-12-2014, 08:42 PM
i was wondering how you checked the kill switch since bike wont do any thing.. τΏτ... it sounds just like what would happen when killswitch is turned off..