PDA

View Full Version : New 2013 Spyder RT Owner

SPYD1
05-10-2014, 04:55 PM
Well I took the gamble and bought a new 2013 RTS. I was very pleased with my experience as the dealer, Dee's Motorsports in Clinton Twp Michigan, did a fantastic job. :clap: The sales lady, Ashley, was wonderful to deal with. It was worthwhile to travel the two hundred miles this morning to trade in and pickup. The dealer was spot on and their service department and owner were involved in making it a great experience. I wish they were closer. A few notes about the bike are below. Keep in mind I am new to RTs but not Spyders as I have owned a 2009 RS for 4 years.
i traveled home in 75 degree weather and noticed no heat issues. The bike shifts a lot smoother than my prior RS...SE5 on both. I already have a swat bar on order and it needs it. The high winds make it difficult. I don't see any need for additional boards or pegs. Cruise control is awesome.:yes: The RTS corners better than my RS but the RS handled wind and road variations better. The RS had a sway and one is coming for the RTS. The other options on the RTS are sweet. I need a backrest, again had one on the RS and miss the backrest already. One will be ordered.

I had no significant issues with the RS. It was a great bike and will miss it. I hope to have the same with the RTS.

Ride safely...

Bob Denman
05-10-2014, 05:09 PM
:congrats: :nopic: :2thumbs:

Cruzr Joe
05-10-2014, 05:12 PM
Welcome to the "RT" World

Cruzr Joe

PrairieSpyder
05-10-2014, 05:14 PM
:congrats:

sddinnh
05-10-2014, 05:15 PM
:congrats: on the new RT

spyder4335
05-10-2014, 05:16 PM
Congratulations.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stewartj239
05-10-2014, 08:12 PM
Well I took the gamble and bought a new 2013 RTS. I was very pleased with my experience as the dealer, Dee's Motorsports in Clinton Twp Michigan, did a fantastic job. :clap: The sales lady, Ashley, was wonderful to deal with. It was worthwhile to travel the two hundred miles this morning to trade in and pickup. The dealer was spot on and their service department and owner were involved in making it a great experience. I wish they were closer. A few notes about the bike are below. Keep in mind I am new to RTs but not Spyders as I have owned a 2009 RS for 4 years.
i traveled home in 75 degree weather and noticed no heat issues. The bike shifts a lot smoother than my prior RS...SE5 on both. I already have a swat bar on order and it needs it. The high winds make it difficult. I don't see any need for additional boards or pegs. Cruise control is awesome.:yes: The RTS corners better than my RS but the RS handled wind and road variations better. The RS had a sway and one is coming for the RTS. The other options on the RTS are sweet. I need a backrest, again had one on the RS and miss the backrest already. One will be ordered.

I had no significant issues with the RS. It was a great bike and will miss it. I hope to have the same with the RTS.

Ride safely...

Congratulations. Since you're buying new, the latest ECM update should have been applied and it seems to be resolving the heat problems for those who have had them. Have fun with your new Cadillac.

Silvervette05
05-10-2014, 08:37 PM
I did the same thing and after 2 rides you will not miss your rs 1 bit :thumbup: the rt grows on you real fast

Chupaca
05-10-2014, 08:44 PM
On your new ryde. They have made changes and you should not have any problems. Enjoy..!! :thumbup::ohyea:

fisherdude
05-10-2014, 08:54 PM
CONGRATS!!!!! Will have to go for a ride when I get back from Spyderfest we are taking our time getting back I am still in Missouri should be home 5/16 I will give you a call when I am home Tom