PDA

View Full Version : RS622 Hatch Seals

jthornton
05-07-2014, 01:52 PM
Well my hatch seal on the RT-622 was falling apart from day one and did not seal well so I finally sourced a better seal and have them in stock.

Thanks
JT

mastertek2000
05-07-2014, 05:02 PM
Did you mean RT-622. ?????

cbredneck
05-07-2014, 05:10 PM

Good job with the extra length. Mine was replaced under warranty and had to be spliced. it was 8 inches short from the factory

jthornton
05-08-2014, 05:27 AM

Yea, I get them all mixed up RT RS ST GS BS can't keep them straight in my mind :banghead: I guess that is why I have such a hard time remembering names.

JT

mastertek2000
05-08-2014, 06:33 AM
Yea, I get them all mixed up RT RS ST GS BS can't keep them straight in my mind :banghead: I guess that is why I have such a hard time remembering names.

JT

same here i think it old age kicking in LOL

pickelhead
05-08-2014, 05:48 PM
How much for the new and improver seals?

jthornton
05-08-2014, 06:14 PM
How much for the new and improver seals?

Hi pickelhead, I waved when you drove by my shop on the way to SpyderFest! Next time you pass through Poplar Bluff drop on by for a visit if you have time.

The rear seal is $30 with shipping and the front seal is $20 with shipping.

JT

pickelhead
05-08-2014, 06:38 PM
I would have stopped, but I was told you lived way out in the sticks. As to the seals, are these better than the originals ( that leak when it rains hard) and how do I get the money to you for them?

jthornton
05-09-2014, 08:51 AM
I would have stopped, but I was told you lived way out in the sticks. As to the seals, are these better than the originals ( that leak when it rains hard) and how do I get the money to you for them?

Well, I'm 1 1/2 miles off the Hwy 67 and about 1/2 mile of that is chat (crushed limestone). When Doug and his wife came by I came out to the highway and picked them up.

Comparing the OEM seal to the one I have the attachment of the tube part is much stronger on the one I have. If your tube is not loose on the U part then you might just need to pull it up a bit where it is leaking. I understand that the hatches are not very true sometimes.

You can order them from my Spyder Store (http://gnipsel.com/spyderstore/).

JT

jthornton
06-07-2014, 06:42 AM
Just an update on this after riding in the rain several times (will it ever quit raining here) and washing it an unprecedented 2 times in the same month the inside is dry as a bone now. No more leaks!

JT

Chupaca
06-07-2014, 09:27 AM
great..your always finding solutions and treatings us fairly. Thanks..!! :2thumbs::ohyea::ohyea:

pwilbarger
10-13-2014, 03:14 PM
I just got back from Lamonster's BBQ in Springfield and found the carpet about halfway back was damp. It was parked at the motel for about 24 hrs during the torrential downpour and I had rode a day in the rain getting there. I pulled everything out and after a day there was still some damp parts. Pulled the carpet and found the little pockets in the front were almost full of water. I wiped everything out and letting dry some more. Now I'll order the new seals. Hopefully those will cure the problem.

2010 RT-S, Timeless Black and matching RT-622 trailer.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk