PDA

View Full Version : Turn Signal Problem on my '08 GS/RS - Need Some Expertise Please.

Bruise01
05-06-2014, 05:15 PM
My turn signals on the right side of my bike both front and back stopped working while I was on a benefit ride Sunday. The brake lights and all other lights are working fine. It's just my right side turn signals. Left side turn signals are fine. When I hit the Hazards they flash except for the turn signals. Checked the fuses and they are all okay. Reseated them just to make sure they were fitting snugly. The one anomaly is that when you hit the switch for the right turn signal if you listen very closely (no other outside noise) you can hear a high pitched almost chirping noise that you don't hear when hit the switch to the left. Pulled the Tupperware and it sounds like the noise may be coming from around the gas cap area but can't be sure.

Has anyone else run into a similar problem? Any thoughts? Where is the Turn Signal Modulator located? Thanks in advance for any assistance that you can provide me. I'm not real mechanically inclined but I have an excellent mechanic whom I hoping can save me a trip to the dealership.

Bob Denman
05-06-2014, 05:18 PM
I'm assuming that you've already checked the wiring connections...
Beyond them; it's pretty much got to be the switch... :shocked:

But i'm far less of a mechanic than you are! :shocked:
Does anybody else have a place to look?? :dontknow:

Chupaca
05-06-2014, 05:40 PM
:agree: must be in the switch. The flasher unit is in the cluster but if the left is working that is ok. You could check the turnsignal bulbs but not likely they would blow at the same time. Hazard on you should have all turnsignals flashing. Not familiar with the flasher in the cluster but know if it gies bad...you need to change the whole cluster (instrument panel). Need to run it by the dealer fir that...:gaah:

Bruise01
05-07-2014, 08:57 AM
:agree: must be in the switch. The flasher unit is in the cluster but if the left is working that is ok. You could check the turnsignal bulbs but not likely they would blow at the same time. Hazard on you should have all turnsignals flashing. Not familiar with the flasher in the cluster but know if it gies bad...you need to change the whole cluster (instrument panel). Need to run it by the dealer fir that...:gaah:

Yeah....we checked wiring and the bulbs are fine. Are you saying that the turn signal modulator is in the cluster? That seems odd but anything is possible I guess.