PDA

View Full Version : 2010 rt not running right

regor
05-06-2014, 05:14 PM
I stopped for fuel, shut engine off. Fueled up, turned key on waited for the safety screen. All I got was the speedo, showing zero miles per hour of course. Hit the start button, engine revved up to 17-1800 rpm and died. Tried a few more times with the same result. Turned the key off, waited a few minutes, turned the key on got the safety screen, hit the clear button, bike started right up. I headed for home, which was about 100 miles, bike ran fine. Hit the garage, turned bike off, waited about 20 seconds, turned key back on got the speedo display, bike revved up and died. Got up the next morning bike started right up no problems, took it to the dealer. Not throwing a code and they can't get it to repeat the same behavior?
They seem to be stumped, anybody?

Chupaca
05-06-2014, 05:51 PM
seems to be a running condition. Only does it when you come off a ride stop and restart shortly after. Could be in the fuel tank breather/purge valve. Gas cap not venting. Or electrical computer not shutting down fast enough or starting fast enough. Check using both mode buttons. Had someone who had one of them not operating but the other did. Good luck lets us know what you find....for our files..:roflblack:

regor
05-06-2014, 06:09 PM
I would think that it would throw some kind of code? I talked to them a couple of hours ago, and they were going to keep starting it to see if they could recreate the problem. they were also going to contact can am and see if they had any ideas. I will let you know what they find.

bruiser
05-06-2014, 06:39 PM
Would not necessarily throw a code. Sounds like more of an electrical issue. Worst thing to try and duplicate. Especially if it happens after an extended ride.

Bob Denman
05-06-2014, 06:55 PM
Is your bike still using it's original battery? :dontknow:

AZCowboy
05-06-2014, 07:36 PM
I stopped for fuel, shut engine off. Fueled up, turned key on waited for the safety screen. All I got was the speedo, showing zero miles per hour of course. Hit the start button, engine revved up to 17-1800 rpm and died. Tried a few more times with the same result. Turned the key off, waited a few minutes, turned the key on got the safety screen, hit the clear button, bike started right up. I headed for home, which was about 100 miles, bike ran fine. Hit the garage, turned bike off, waited about 20 seconds, turned key back on got the speedo display, bike revved up and died. Got up the next morning bike started right up no problems, took it to the dealer. Not throwing a code and they can't get it to repeat the same behavior?
They seem to be stumped, anybody?

I have a friend that had that problem on his RT 2010 and it was the throttle body. I have a RT Limited 2012 and am having the same problem plus it is messing up my codes as well. They are waiting now on BRP about it. When they order it that may take a couple of weeks before they get it from BRP. It is a problem that BRP seems to be well aware of but like everything else no recalls. Good luck with it. RJ :f_spider:

mastertek2000
05-06-2014, 08:14 PM
sounds like a bad connection some where

mastertek2000
05-06-2014, 08:15 PM
also TB they do run fly by wire

regor
05-07-2014, 03:07 PM
it is the original battery, can am just put a new throttle body on in jan. The mechanic thought it was an air leak. They checked all the hoses, and everything else. The biggest problem is that they can't get it to exhibit the same symptoms. We are leaving on a week long trip this sunday, we hope. thanks everybody for all the help, i'll fill you in when I find out anything.

regor
05-10-2014, 03:43 PM
well just picked it up from the shop. they never could get it to duplicate the starting then stalling. They checked everything, the mechanic said he must have started and stopped it 50 times plus, after taking it for a ride to get it up to temp. No codes nothing, they are just a puzzled as me. I'm headed to Utah for a weeks ride, I guess we'll find out.

regor
05-18-2014, 04:58 PM
Got back from Utah trip yesterday, went to Bryce and zion national parks. They are a must see, so is a run on hwy 12, just beautiful. The bike starting the same problem, the first time I stopped for fuel, and continued the whole trip. The first time starting in the morning would take 10 times or so, after that it ran perfect, and might take 2 or 3 times to start and run right. Fussed with it all week, on Thursday we went into St. George to Moto Zoo, the local dealer. they were great, they flashed it, finally threw a code, throttle position sensor. Good to go, so we hit the road home. first gas stop, were right back to same problem. Got home Friday, ran it up to the dealer, needs a new T.S.P., $90 for the sensor will have it back on Tuesday.