PDA

View Full Version : Trying to Pair SENA with IPod and Intercom

Tango
05-04-2014, 05:43 PM
We have the SENA SM10 dongle. We have been using the head sets (SMH10) as rider-passenger intercom with no problems. Today we added an IPOD Nano to the set up. We plugged the IPOD into the SM10 and that is when the problems started (audio in port). We would get music with head set#1 , not #2. #2 also lost intercom. Got home and got out the books. We unpaired the headsets and the SM10. Re-paired the headsets to the SM10. We now have music in both head sets but no intercom in either one! :banghead: (but the music sounds good)

Is the next step to re-pair the 2 headsets? Wont that drop the pairing with the SM10? Asking before we try anything else.....(we also reset the Ipod and the SM10) Tom:trike:

Tango
05-05-2014, 07:55 AM
Any help here? :banghead: Tom :trike:

Jim&Teresa
05-05-2014, 08:01 AM
Hi,

I do not know how to help you except I had to call the SENA Tech Service when I first got my system about a year ago. :dontknow:

I had to wait about 10 minutes, but once the Tech got on line, he was very good and helped me. I think they are in San Jose, California, so time your call accordingly....

Here's the SENA Tech Service number: 866-300-1235

Best wishes for a successful fix! :thumbup:

Tango
05-05-2014, 08:09 AM
Hi,

I do not know how to help you except I had to call the SENA Tech Service when I first got my system about a year ago. :dontknow:

I had to wait about 10 minutes, but once the Tech got on line, he was very good and helped me. I think they are in San Jose, California, so time your call accordingly....

Here's the SENA Tech Service number: 866-300-1235

Best wishes for a successful fix! :thumbup:

Thanks. Thought of that. But it was Sunday and thought some here had the same problem. Will give them a buzz tomorrow. :spyder: Tom :trike:

finless
05-05-2014, 08:10 AM
First make sure all the code is updated to the latest level on the headsets and the SM10.
Then after the code update do a factory reset on both headsets then the SM10.
If you have updated the code before, do the factory reset anyway! Trust me. I had problems after a code update.
Now pair the 2 headsets first then pair each headset to the SM10.

Bob

erikkelly
05-05-2014, 09:20 AM
yes, the factory reset is pretty much the best way to start out. then as bob said, pair your headsets together for intercom first, then pair them to the sm10, driver first, then passenger. i actually just installed all mine this weekend and after some frustrations, thats the order that worked for me.

First make sure all the code is updated to the latest level on the headsets and the SM10.
Then after the code update do a factory reset on both headsets then the SM10.
If you have updated the code before, do the factory reset anyway! Trust me. I had problems after a code update.
Now pair the 2 headsets first then pair each headset to the SM10.

Bob

SPYD1
05-05-2014, 09:22 AM
I would start by resetting both units and starting over...it is probably what they will recommend as a start. It usually works for me when I have issues or a change is to delete what is in there and start over.

Tango
05-05-2014, 07:47 PM
Thanks guys. We will do that. It is a real head banger for sure to get it correct! :banghead: Tom :trike:

oldguyinTX
05-05-2014, 08:20 PM
We have the SENA SM10 dongle. We have been using the head sets (SMH10) as rider-passenger intercom with no problems. Today we added an IPOD Nano to the set up. We plugged the IPOD into the SM10 and that is when the problems started (audio in port). We would get music with head set#1 , not #2. #2 also lost intercom. Got home and got out the books. We unpaired the headsets and the SM10. Re-paired the headsets to the SM10. We now have music in both head sets but no intercom in either one! :banghead: (but the music sounds good)

Is the next step to re-pair the 2 headsets? Wont that drop the pairing with the SM10? Asking before we try anything else.....(we also reset the ipod and the SM10) Tom:trike:

I have found that if I make sure that my iPod is turned on & plugged in, I turn on my SM10 Dongle, then turn on the SMH10 on my helmet (wife does the same) then we hear "Hello", and then after about 5 - 10 seconds we hear "media connected". After that, the iPod, Radio, & Intercom all work in tandem. You might have to call Sena to do the initial paring, but they are great and will set you up in about 5 minutes flat. It is a good system once it is set up right. If you hear "media connected" in your headset, don't try to pair the intercom between two helmets, because it is done already. If you try to pair the intercom between two helmets it will kill the iPod, and radio. BTW, if you have the Garmin Zumo 660, you can set that up to answer phone calls through your SMH10 headsets. You can pair your phone with it, and if someone calls you while you are ryding, you can accept or ignore the call. Call Garmin to set that up; they are really good at tech stuff as is Sena. Spend 20 -30 minutes on the phone & you will be set.

eddieshep999
05-05-2014, 08:34 PM
I have the SMH10 Headsets and the SM10 Dongle and these are connected to my Zumo 660

Before the last firmware update - I found it best to turn on the SMH 10 Headsets 1st then the SM10 Dongle for all the functions to work - Since the last firmware update I Now have to turn on the SMH10 Headset 1st followed by the SM10 Dongle all still work as before

If you are hearing Music try tapping the Jog dial wheel this should give you intercom and mute the music to go back to music try tapping the jog wheel again

I don't use the intercom function with a passenger but use the intercom function with a friend on his motorcyle
Either one of us will tap the jog wheel to connect to each other again this mutes any playing music and once we have finnished our conversation we just tap the jog wheel again to return to the music

Not sure if this will work for you but worth a shot