PDA

View Full Version : NW.Tn.Riders

R&L Limted
05-04-2014, 10:03 AM
Would like to find other riders in our area (Nw. Tn.) & who is your servicing dealer?:spyder2:

Ex-Rocket
05-04-2014, 11:33 AM
I reside in Arkansas but there are 3 Can-am dealerships in Memphis, Tn. area, which I am close too. Olive Branch, Ms. is where I bought my Spyder, FRS Powersports in Memphis, on Whitten Rd. and also a dealer in Millington, Tn. on Hwy 51. I believe there might be a Can-am dealer in Dyersburg but they might only deal with ATV's. I have never stopped in to see for sure. Other than those 3, I don't know of any closer to you. If you want my personnel opinion on what dealership to go for service of the 3 that I mentioned, just PM me. Hope this helps some.

bullant12
05-05-2014, 08:19 AM
I bought my first RT and my wife's RS in Yamaha of Millington. Their prices are fair, but the service is a hit an miss sorry to say because their tech turnaround is not stable. David the owner is very knowledgeable, but once it goes into service it can be a few days just for an oil change.

I had issues before with FRS, but have worked things out. Their tech Denny is very knowledgeable, but you have to be careful since they tend to put together the Spyder with a few missing screws so if you do go there, check before you leave (it should be done in every dealer IMHO).

No idea of Olive Branch... but they did try to sell people the Spyder in 2012 with seat warmers (not available until the 2014 models).nojoke

R&L Limted
05-05-2014, 07:14 PM
I bought my first RT and my wife's RS in Yamaha of Millington. Their prices are fair, but the service is a hit an miss sorry to say because their tech turnaround is not stable. David the owner is very knowledgeable, but once it goes into service it can be a few days just for an oil change.

I had issues before with FRS, but have worked things out. Their tech Denny is very knowledgeable, but you have to be careful since they tend to put together the Spyder with a few missing screws so if you do go there, check before you leave (it should be done in every dealer IMHO).

No idea of Olive Branch... but they did try to sell people the Spyder in 2012 with seat warmers (not available until the 2014 models).nojoke
Have you heard anything about Dyersburg? i used to know tech's with the other owner , do not know these? You may know some folks that have bought or used there service . Thankyou for any info you can find!:doorag:

bullant12
05-05-2014, 11:21 PM
Have you heard anything about Dyersburg? i used to know tech's with the other owner , do not know these? You may know some folks that have bought or used there service . Thankyou for any info you can find!:doorag:

No word from Dyersburg yet. Last time I was there, I didn't see any BRP dealer. I would not be surprised if Abernathy's in Union City would be carrying them.
I heard that the BRP dealer in Forrest City, AR is starting to sell Spyders... but not sure either.

R&L Limted
05-07-2014, 02:40 PM
No word from Dyersburg yet. Last time I was there, I didn't see any BRP dealer. I would not be surprised if Abernathy's in Union City would be carrying them.
I heard that the BRP dealer in Forrest City, AR is starting to sell Spyders... but not sure either.
Todey at Abernathy carries everything but spyders, Dyersburg is a dealer just don't know how to check out service , thought you might have heard , good or bad ?:doorag:

bullant12
05-08-2014, 07:33 AM
Todey at Abernathy carries everything but spyders, Dyersburg is a dealer just don't know how to check out service , thought you might have heard , good or bad ?:doorag:

Haven't heard anything, and I don't know any owners around that area. Might be worth a trip to check out!;)

DJFaninTN
05-08-2014, 08:29 AM
if I were you I'd make a small road trip to go check them out. when we dropped by there a few weeks ago, they were very helpful and nice.

ask them for some references from past customers.

if you need anything else added to the bike, Bullant12 can do pretty much anything you want done. reasonably priced as well! :thumbup: